Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #291
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I'm starting to lose my patience with Geno.

He really needs to find a way to have a big night and put up some serious points in a game.
"... he haf leetle-beet bad-hands..."

Old 12-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #292
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I just noticed the Pens are playing the Caps when the Steelers will be playing on thursday night.

Thank god for DVRs!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #293
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
I just noticed the Pens are playing the Caps when the Steelers will be playing on thursday night.

Thank god for DVRs!
Yeah, I saw that too. With they were playing the Caps tonight and the Panthers tomorrow, cause then I wouldn't care as much.

Caps game starts at 7pm (EST) at least though and kickoff for the Steelers won't happen till at least 8:30, so hopefully the Pens are blowing them out by that time so I only have to check the score from time to time. If not, I'll just download it lol.

Caps are on a wicked 2 game winning streak btw.

Did you happen to see the over the top celebration when they beat Ottawa the other night (3-2). They attacked the goaltender like they just won the Stanley Cup. It was pretty embarrassing.

Oh, and be careful what you ask for Craps fans...you might not like the results. (From last nights game against the Devs)

[youtube]Y6DZ0vGS0rA[/youtube]

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #294
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Staal on ice, but not with his teammates
By Rob Rossi, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

Skating for more than 30 minutes Tuesday at Consol Energy Center, injured Penguins center Jordan Staal looked strong while working cone drills.

His surgically repaired right hand was not covered by a hockey glove during the session with strength and conditioning coach Mike Kadar. Staal held a stick in the hand, which was covered by a protective apparatus.

He was not observed engaging in any stick-handling drills during the session.

Staal, who has not played this season, is 50 days removed from surgery on the hand that was broken during a practice Nov. 1. The Penguins believed he would miss between 4-6 weeks at the time of the procedure, but coach Dan Bylsma has declined recently to pinpoint a date for Staal to begin practicing with teammates.

Staal has not been made available for comment during this injury.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #295
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

BTW...I checked the link I posted last week and it's still running current HBO, so you can use that to watch the 24/7 special tonight. I know it starts at 10pm (EST) and I'm guessing they'll run it again directly after the first airing like last week, if you don't catch it in time.

*Edit* I found a couple people who are going to be streaming it tonight, and it'll most likely be better quality than the other link. Check here (in comment section) for links.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/500...mber-22nd-2010

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 12-22-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #296
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Johnson is going to be in goal tonight...the rest of the lineup will be the same as usual.

Let's hope the Pens can get to Vokoun early and often...he's given them fits in the past. Panthers yearly MVP for sure.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #297
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Penguins beat Panthers 5-2 in tuneup for Caps
Wednesday, 12.22.2010 / 11:23 PM
NHL.com
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

Photos | Podcasts
Notebook: Lovejoy Notches First NHL Goal
Video Highlights
News
Photo Gallery
Aftermath
Boxscore
Game Blog

The Pittsburgh Penguins are ready for the Washington Capitals.

The Penguins tuned up for their first meeting of the season with Alex Ovechkin and the Caps by disposing of the Florida Panthers 5-2 at the Consol Energy Center. After the game, they hopped on a plane for Thursday night's game at the Verizon Center, a warmup for the Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at Heinz Field eight days later.

Sidney Crosby certainly looked ready. Crosby matched the second-longest NHL scoring streak in 18 years when he scored 7:44 into the game, giving him at least one point in 22 consecutive games. He scored for the 22nd time during the streak and the 28th time this season when he beat Tomas Vokoun to the far side with a slap shot from the left circle.

That was Crosby's lone point -- his 43rd during the streak -- but rookie defenseman Ben Lovejoy had his first career goal and Mark Letestu, Matt Cooke and Pascal Dupuis also scored for Pittsburgh. The Penguins have has won 14 of its past 16, including convincing wins against Phoenix and Florida after a two-game losing streak last week.

Stephen Weiss and Bryan McCabe scored for Florida, which had won five of its previous seven.

Crosby's streak matched Dany Heatley's in 2005 as the longest in the NHL in the last five years. Mats Sundin, then with the Quebec Nordiques, had points in 30 consecutive games during the 1992-93 season.

The Penguins came out strong early Wednesday, successfully resisting the urge to look ahead to a showdown at the rival Washington Capitals on Thursday in a preview of the Winter Classic to be played at Pittsburgh's Heinz Field on Jan 1.

"The last few games we have done a pretty good job of starting well and creating a lot of pressure and generating a lot of shots early," said Crosby, whose goal gave the Penguins a 2-1 lead that they never relinquished with his 28th goal and 58th point -- both tops in the League.

Despite the win, Crosby said the Penguins could have been better.

"The last couple periods of this one weren't our greatest," he said. "We had the lead but we probably could have done a better job- I think partly mainly because we're thinking about tomorrow."

Letestu scored 90 seconds into the game during a rush with linemates Tyler Kennedy and Chris Conner, taking a pass from Kennedy while skating in from the right slot and outwaiting Vokoun before tucking the puck in behind him for his seventh of the season. Weiss tied it 73 seconds later on a soft wrist shot from the left circle that got between backup goalie Brent Johnson's glove hand and body.

That was the Panthers' first shot of the game. Johnson would stop the last 20 he faced -- but left after two periods due to a lower-body injury. Marc-Andre Fleury was also tested in the third period; the Panthers outshot Pittsburgh 29-17 in the last 40 minutes.

"We made it a lot closer than we needed it to be," Crosby said. "Partly because, I think, knowing that we play tomorrow night. I'm sure guys might have been secretly trying to save a little bit."

Goals by Crosby and Cooke in a 3:13 span sent Vokoun to the bench. After Crosby put the Penguins ahead, Cooke made it 3-1 at 10:57 when he picked up a loose puck in the slot off a rebound of a Max Talbot shot and beat Vokoun for his seventh of the season. Evgeni Malkin got the second assist on the play, giving him at least a point in four consecutive games since missing four with a knee injury.

"To spot a team three goals - any team - before you kind of get your game going, it's tough, let alone against these guys," said Scott Clemmensen, who replaced Vokoun after Cooke's goal. "It just became too much for us to climb out of."

Lovejoy's first goal in 31 career games was an unassisted tally 6:19 into the second. He did not play the final 3:46 after a slap shot by McCabe struck him just below the left eye 10 seconds before McCabe's similar-looking shot from the left point produced a goal, his fifth, that made it 4-2 before Dupuis' empty-netter iced the win.

"It was a big night," Lovejoy said after taking several stitches. "Certainly a fun game. It would've been nicer to not get that puck in the face, but it's fun to score."

Panthers coach Peter DeBoer said the Penguins' fast start was more than his team could handle.

"The game was over in the first 10 minutes," DeBoer said.

"They're a great team and obviously Crosby is a great player. I'm just disappointed we didn't give them more of a game."

Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #298
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Loved the win and enjoyed the latest HBO special. Thanks again Mom for the links, otherwise I'd miss out on seeing them.

Lots of great stuff, but for some reason seeing Mike Green on that scooter (I imagine that's what they are called) cracked me up big time for some reason. Even the color of it was hilarious.

I'm thinking tomorrow nights game will be more intense than usual between the two teams since HBO will be there to document it all. Should be fun!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #299
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Yeah...I liked the first episode better for some reason, but this one was still really good. It was nice seeing more footage of the staff game too, and learning how they attempt to deal with the "hockey funk" in the locker rooms.

Cookies prank on Biz was funny also...too bad he ended up not playing that night!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #300
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Loved the win and enjoyed the latest HBO special.
if anybody has a link for Pens - Caps 24/7, episode 2 on youtube, I'd appreciate having it posted.