Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #371
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

I figured if anyone would get it, then it would be you.

I you Mom!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #372
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

[youtube]3Jbl4DAtNhU[/youtube]

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #373
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Broons score with just 1:14 to play, giving them a 7-5 win against Philthadelphia, adding an empty-net goal in the final seconds

listening to Jack Edwards makes you despise Bahstahn even-more than usual
Old 01-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #374
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Yeah, that B's/Flyers game was really good. I jumped out of my chair when the B's scored at the end there...hope Atlanta can pull the same off tonight!

Flyers are one point above the Pens right now, and have two less games (it'll still be two less games after the Pens play on Saturday). Got a little ground to make up!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 01-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #375
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Until he's all better, no more updates Shea!

Quote:
Bylsma puts end to daily updates on Crosby's condition
By Jerry DiPaola, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, January 14, 2011
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

• Coach Dan Bylsma, who had said Sidney Crosby (mild concussion) would undergo additional tests this week, said Thursday he will not answer any more questions about the condition of his star center. "We are not going to give daily updates on Sidney Crosby," Bylsma said. "He needs to be symptom-free to move forward." Asked whether Crosby has had the tests, Bylsma repeated, "There will not be any daily updates on Sidney Crosby." Crosby has missed four consecutive games since he was checked from behind into the boards Jan. 5 at Consol Energy Center by Tampa Bay defenseman Victor Hedman.

• Right wing Eric Godard (eye) skated and shot pucks before the Penguins' optional practice at Southpointe, but he is not close to returning, Bylsma said. "He still has to do light workouts on his own for some time," he said. "He got out on the ice a little bit, but it is still very, very small doses." Godard hasn't played since Dec. 26.

• Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury attempted to downplay his dramatics of Wednesday night, when he stood triumphantly in the crease with his arms folded after the Penguins' 5-2 victory in Montreal. Fleury mimicked Canadiens goalie Carey Price, who did the same thing Jan. 6 after his team's 2-1 shootout victory against the Penguins. "The puck was at the other end," Fleury said. "I didn't think the camera would be on me, too. It was for (my teammates). I goof around a lot. Maybe not like that, I guess."

• Eight players skated at practice, but most of the time was spent on video work of future opponents. "We had a couple guys sick, a couple guys banged up," Bylsma said. "They needed some time off the ice."

Old 01-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #376
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Malkin Ready to Take the Lead
Friday, 01.14.2011 / 2:25 PM / Features
By Tony Jovenitti
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

When Sidney Crosby missed 28 games in the 2007-08 season, Evgeni Malkin exploded and led the team to the top of the Atlantic Division.

With Crosby currently out of the lineup with a mild concussion, Malkin is showing signs that he is ready to take the lead again.

While he didn’t make it to the scoresheet in Wednesday’s 5-2 win at Montreal, he did send seven shots toward the net, created opportunities on the power play and drew an important penalty to help the team gain two points in the standings.

“I think his last game was an outstanding game for him,” head coach Dan Bylsma said. “Right after the game it was disappointing to see that he wasn’t on the scoresheet because he had played so well. He was a part of a lot of the success we had, both five on five and on the power play.”

Malkin understands that everyone needs to step up in Crosby’s absence. But he has to make sure he doesn’t try doing too many things.

“I don’t try to do too much,” Malkin said. “I just play my game and try to create chances. The last game, we played well. And I’m not changing too much – maybe just my timing and playing harder.”

While Malkin doesn’t have as many points as Crosby, he is creating just as many scoring chances, according to Bylsma.

“We keep talking about scenarios and getting to that area of the ice and getting shots on net,” Bylsma said. “He consistently leads our team in that category. He’s right up there with Sidney’s numbers in those categories, but he has not gotten the finished result.”

Crosby went through a similar phase in the beginning of the year, when many of his great scoring chances didn’t find the back of the net. He then exploded for a 25-game scoring streak.

Malkin is itching to break into that role once again, just like he did when Crosby was out in 07-08. But he is trying to keep things simple.

“I just try to play the game, shoot the puck and help my teammates win,” he said.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #377
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Pens @ Boston today 1pm. Need to get some revenge on these guys for the past two games. Philly winning last night didn't help any either, though the Thrashers did put up a good fight.

Not holding my breath though, Pens are typically awful in early afternoon games. I'm just thankful there's something to keep my mind off the Steelers game for a couple hours lol.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #378
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

[youtube]4y1obrCAvio[/youtube]

You can watch the other teams "superheroes" (as they're revealed) at this link. http://www.youtube.com/user/theguardianproject30

Old 01-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #379
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Oh yeah...and in the midst of all this Steelers vs. Jets frenzy, there's kind of a big hockey game tonight lol.

Pens vs. Wings @ 7

Still no Sid. At this point, there's a chance that Sid won't be back until after the All Star break. I don't think he's progressing as fast as everyone had hoped.

I just looked at the Wings injury report. They've got a clinic going on up there (but are still managing to win games). It'll be interesting.

C Mike Modano, severed tendon in right wrist (March)
D Brad Stuart, broken jaw (early March)
G Chris Osgood, sports hernia surgery (late February/early March)
RW Tomas Holmstrom, broken hand (late February)
C Pavel Datysuk, broken right hand (early February)
RW Dan Cleary, fractured left ankle (early February)
G Jimmy Howard, bruised knee (day-to-day)

Quote:
Starting goaltender Jimmy Howard suffered a bruised knee on Jan. 14 versus Columbus when a puck snuck underneath his pad and will not play Tuesday. With Chris Osgood sidelined for the next 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery, Detroit has called up Joey MacDonald and Thomas McCollum from the American Hockey League. MacDonald, 30, went 14-26-6 with the New York Islanders in 2008-09, but has played in just 10 NHL games since. McCollum has yet to see action in an NHL game.
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

And as much as I hate ever rooting for the Craps...they play Philthy tonight (who are a game behind us and 3 points ahead). Go Craps.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #380
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Well, the shitty Craps let Philthy beat them in OT. Thanks for nothing douchebags.

Pens won tonight though (4-1) over the Wings...though with as many key players as they had out, it just wasn't as satisfying. Fleury was on fire again though, stopping 36 out of 37 shots...and (most likely) talking some trash to Draper towards the end.

Closed Thread