Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default McCoy vs. Steelers a recipe for disaster

McCoy vs. Steelers a recipe for disaster
By James Walker
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/print?id=18798

Because of ankle injuries to veterans Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, rookie quarterback Colt McCoy reportedly could start for Cleveland on Sunday. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Browns signed Brett Ratliff, who was told he's the backup for McCoy in the Week 6 rivalry game against the Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1). Ratliff was one of the Browns' final cuts this summer.

This was not in the plans for Browns president Mike Holmgren and head coach Eric Mangini, who didn't provide specifics on the quarterback situation Monday. Both have said they expect McCoy, a third-round pick, to sit at least one year to learn from the sidelines. But very little has gone according to plan for the struggling Browns (1-4), and now McCoy looks to get the nod just six weeks into the season.

If McCoy is viewed as the future of the Browns, they must be very careful about the long-term impact of this decision. Throwing McCoy out there at Heinz Field against Dick LeBeau's defense is a recipe for disaster. In fact, it's the last defense I would pick a rookie quarterback to face in his first NFL start, especially against a hungry Steelers' defense coming off a bye week.

Expect the sharks for Pittsburgh -- James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Troy Polamalu, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons, etc. -- to be out in full force Sunday. I'm sure a wide-eyed McCoy is excited for the opportunity, but in reality he's just fresh meat.

I said in training camp that if McCoy starts, that's a sign Cleveland's 2010 season is over. I picked the Browns to finish last in the AFC North this year, but this ship is sinking faster than expected.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: McCoy vs. Steelers a recipe for disaster

Wow. This guy picked the Clowns to finish last in the division. He is a genious. I never would have made that prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
McCoy vs. Steelers a recipe for disaster
By James Walker
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/print?id=18798

Because of ankle injuries to veterans Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, rookie quarterback Colt McCoy reportedly could start for Cleveland on Sunday. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Browns signed Brett Ratliff, who was told he's the backup for McCoy in the Week 6 rivalry game against the Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1). Ratliff was one of the Browns' final cuts this summer.

This was not in the plans for Browns president Mike Holmgren and head coach Eric Mangini, who didn't provide specifics on the quarterback situation Monday. Both have said they expect McCoy, a third-round pick, to sit at least one year to learn from the sidelines. But very little has gone according to plan for the struggling Browns (1-4), and now McCoy looks to get the nod just six weeks into the season.

If McCoy is viewed as the future of the Browns, they must be very careful about the long-term impact of this decision. Throwing McCoy out there at Heinz Field against Dick LeBeau's defense is a recipe for disaster. In fact, it's the last defense I would pick a rookie quarterback to face in his first NFL start, especially against a hungry Steelers' defense coming off a bye week.

Expect the sharks for Pittsburgh -- James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Troy Polamalu, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons, etc. -- to be out in full force Sunday. I'm sure a wide-eyed McCoy is excited for the opportunity, but in reality he's just fresh meat.

I said in training camp that if McCoy starts, that's a sign Cleveland's 2010 season is over. I picked the Browns to finish last in the AFC North this year, but this ship is sinking faster than expected.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Hmmm.. *flashbacks of '05 when Charlie Frye started against us* 41-0 Steelers, 8 sacks. And Charlie's career just blossomed after that
Old 10-12-2010, 02:09 AM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,532 Posts

instead of thinking about who the clowns qb is going to play, i hope they're focusing on how to keep ben on his feet. 8 sacks

look for cribbs to be taking a lot of wildcat snaps. he had some pretty good success with it against the steelers last year .

anybody see the pattern ? apparently arians couldn't either.

3-1-PIT 24 (10:58) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 15 for -9 yards (99-C.Williams).

3-3-PIT 13 (5:45) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 3 for -10 yards (23-H.Poteat).

3-7-CLE 41 (15:00) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at CLV 48 for -7 yards (58-M.Benard).

2-12-PIT 40 (5:29) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 33 for -7 yards (99-C.Williams).

3-7-PIT 31 (6:04) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 20 for -11 yards (96-D.Bowens).

2-5-CLE 23 (:59) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at CLV 24 for -1 yards (91-B.Schaefering).

1-10-CLE 43 (2:40) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 48 for -9 yards (sack split by 56-K.Maiava and 91-B.Schaefering).

willie colon getting beat like a rented mule...

the sacks....

[YOUTUBE]dd82bOBATZQ [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 10-12-2010 at 03:12 AM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

According to that video, I'd say the entire line acted like rented mules.

It's pretty obvious they didn't want to play in the cold. They deny it, but the idea you don't go to the field to warm up is telling. It should piss this team off knowing they didn't go to the playoffs because that Cleveland game was cold.

Also, if I were a Brownies fan I'd hang myself after watching that video. They make a video stating "Pittsburgh Sucks" when their team has been completely irrelevant the past 20 years? That's short bus riding sad.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
According to that video, I'd say the entire line acted like rented mules.

It's pretty obvious they didn't want to play in the cold. They deny it, but the idea you don't go to the field to warm up is telling. It should piss this team off knowing they didn't go to the playoffs because that Cleveland game was cold.

Also, if I were a Brownies fan I'd hang myself after watching that video. They make a video stating "Pittsburgh Sucks" when their team has been completely irrelevant the past 20 years? That's short bus riding sad.
the steelers are so far in the clown fan heads and to a lesser extent the other afcn rivals fans , that beating the steelers is like winning a superbowl for them.
most clown fans would rather go 2-14 beating the steelers twice , than go 14-2 and losing to the steelers twice....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
instead of thinking about who the clowns qb is going to play, i hope they're focusing on how to keep ben on his feet. 8 sacks

look for cribbs to be taking a lot of wildcat snaps. he had some pretty good success with it against the steelers last year .

3-1-PIT 24 (10:58) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 15 for -9 yards (99-C.Williams).

3-3-PIT 13 (5:45) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 3 for -10 yards (23-H.Poteat).

3-7-CLE 41 (15:00) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at CLV 48 for -7 yards (58-M.Benard).

2-12-PIT 40 (5:29) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 33 for -7 yards (99-C.Williams).

3-7-PIT 31 (6:04) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 20 for -11 yards (96-D.Bowens).

2-5-CLE 23 (:59) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at CLV 24 for -1 yards (91-B.Schaefering).

1-10-CLE 43 (2:40) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 48 for -9 yards (sack split by 56-K.Maiava and 91-B.Schaefering).

the sacks....

[YOUTUBE]dd82bOBATZQ [/YOUTUBE]
That about sums it up. Its a division game. They will still come out and play tough. It is not an instant win by any means.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

Quote:
the steelers are so far in the clown fan heads and to a lesser extent the other afcn rivals fans , that beating the steelers is like winning a superbowl for them.
most clown fans would rather go 2-14 beating the steelers twice , than go 14-2 and losing to the steelers twice....

Never made sense does it? I'd take going to the Playoffs and the hated rival having to stay home if I was them... even if I lost to the hated rival twice...
Old 10-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,282 Times in 2,880 Posts

Illustrating the maxim that even a broken clock is right twice a day, Florio at PFT gets off a good line

The entire Steelers defense will be disciplined under the Personal Conduct Policy after they get finished with Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ower-rankings/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

I think the last time they played Cleveland won........................so much for the bloviation in this thread
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote