Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default No porta-pottys?

LOL I just saw #85 pee behind some coolers (I think). I always assumed there was a porta-potty on the sidelines. There is no time to go to the locker room to pee. I'm sure this come up a lot. Weird.

Do you guys know if the Steelers have a porta potty on the sideline?
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,255
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 8,174 Times in 3,486 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

say 'no' to drugs.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter
 
TailgateMel's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zelienople, PA
Posts: 449
Member Number: 8498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

I went om a tour of heinz field when it opened... behind the steelers bench in the middle are steps down to a hall, there is a bathroom right at the bottom of those steps, but who knows, maybe someone was in it or maybe he was really lazy
__________________

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

It's pretty common for players to pee on the sideline. The staff holds up towels and jackets to cover it up.

Or in Tom Brady's case, the offensive line forms a circle around him, and he squats in the middle of it.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #5
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

NFL does not allow pottys on the sidelines and players if players go into the lockerroom, they are not allowed to return until the next half, and if its in the 2nd half, they can't return at all. Players are usually forced to piss their pants or piss in cups or towels. I shit you not. Kordell Stewart mentions in an interview how he and other steelers would just pee themselves due to the gold pants and no one would notice.

I believe porta potties are not allowed on the sidelines because there's a chance a player might be bumped into from the field of play and it would fall over with someone in it.

Players are also not allowed to eat on the field, some sneak in candy or munchies. Once they are on the field, they are not allowed to leave. Farthest they can get is the locker rooms unless they have to be taken to a hospital. They have MRI's and Xray machines in the locker rooms now so players really only have to go to the hospital if its really important. Its really stupid.
Players go sometimes 8 hours before they can eat anything, running on breakfast and gatoraid.

Players also get fined if they don't dress properly. It is a business after all and they have to wear formall attire while entering and leaving the stadium.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
NFL does not allow pottys on the sidelines and players if players go into the lockerroom, they are not allowed to return until the next half, and if its in the 2nd half, they can't return at all. Players are usually forced to piss their pants or piss in cups or towels. I shit you not. Kordell Stewart mentions in an interview how he and other steelers would just pee themselves due to the gold pants and no one would notice.

I believe porta potties are not allowed on the sidelines because there's a chance a player might be bumped into from the field of play and it would fall over with someone in it.

Players are also not allowed to eat on the field, some sneak in candy or munchies. Once they are on the field, they are not allowed to leave. Farthest they can get is the locker rooms unless they have to be taken to a hospital. They have MRI's and Xray machines in the locker rooms now so players really only have to go to the hospital if its really important. Its really stupid.
Players go sometimes 8 hours before they can eat anything, running on breakfast and gatoraid.

Players also get fined if they don't dress properly. It is a business after all and they have to wear formall attire while entering and leaving the stadium.
I can't believe they can't hold it until halftime, jeez I didn't start pissing more than once every couple hours until I hit the mid forties.
__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,818
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 485
Thanked 1,188 Times in 478 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

Just use the washroom at before, at the half, after. These guys aren't 80 year old men that need to go every 30 minutes
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateMel View Post
I went om a tour of heinz field when it opened... behind the steelers bench in the middle are steps down to a hall, there is a bathroom right at the bottom of those steps, but who knows, maybe someone was in it or maybe he was really lazy
Thanks for that info. That makes sense because there would be no time to go to a locker room. It was not at Heinz field (#85).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
It's pretty common for players to pee on the sideline. The staff holds up towels and jackets to cover it up.

Or in Tom Brady's case, the offensive line forms a circle around him, and he squats in the middle of it.
Yeah...that's what he did. There were a couple of guys that he said thanks to. I would think with a million fans and the advanced technology of cameras these days some camera person would catch it and show it to Goodell. lol...especially a high profile figure like #85.
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:03 AM   #9
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
NFL does not allow pottys on the sidelines and players if players go into the lockerroom, they are not allowed to return until the next half, and if its in the 2nd half, they can't return at all. Players are usually forced to piss their pants or piss in cups or towels. I shit you not. Kordell Stewart mentions in an interview how he and other steelers would just pee themselves due to the gold pants and no one would notice.

I believe porta potties are not allowed on the sidelines because there's a chance a player might be bumped into from the field of play and it would fall over with someone in it.
Thanks for the info. The Part about a player tipping over potty with someone in it was funny.

I can't remember whether a player has ever gone into the locker room and returned the same half. They do that in basketball all the time.

Players wear protective cups so it sucks to have to pee in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
I can't believe they can't hold it until halftime, jeez I didn't start pissing more than once every couple hours until I hit the mid forties.
It's not always so simple. They are drinking fluids to get hydrated so if they miscalculate and they have to go, they have to go. It's not that they wouldn't be able to hold it but they would be distracted. Who wants to get hit or cover someone or run or hit someone with a full bladder.

So yeah, I think they could hold it but their focus would be diminished.
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: No porta-pottys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
I can't believe they can't hold it until halftime, jeez I didn't start pissing more than once every couple hours until I hit the mid forties.
Its really hard to do that.... When you're running around and physically getting hit it makes you have to go a lot more... lol
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts