Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Ed Bouchette Chat Transcript 10.12.2010

Has he watched the Saints play this year? I think their fans are going to start putting bags on their heads again. That will not be a loss.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdave1969 View Post
I think Ed does a nice job myself and enjoy his articles and chats for sure. I think a writers job is to report news and maybe give his opinion, but not to give the other team any added hate towards the teams that they are covering. As far as Holmes celebrations . . . He has made a few Decent Catches for our Steelers I think . . he made 1 in particular in super bowl XLIII that I heard No One Crying about the next day.
Had he gotten a flag for excessive celebration by doing the gay lebron thing with the football and they got a decent return like the titans did this past weekend i bet a LOT of people would be crying, especially if it cost us the game. Theres no room for that shit in football, hand the ball to the ref like heath and celebrate all you want on the sideline with your teammates.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Had he gotten a flag for excessive celebration by doing the gay lebron thing with the football and they got a decent return like the titans did this past weekend i bet a LOT of people would be crying, especially if it cost us the game. Theres no room for that shit in football, hand the ball to the ref like heath and celebrate all you want on the sideline with your teammates.
No doubt in my mind your right here Ward you got it right about the nonsense of any celebration in my opinion. And Santonio could/should have been penalized for what he did vs the Cards. I have said that all along.. All I am saying is that Holmes has made several Big Plays with the Steelers and alot of 1st down catches that obviously alot of folks have forgotten about.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #14
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Agreed. He alone pretty much won that game in the last drive. Several clutch catches and the one rac that set us up in the redzone with plenty of time. He was very clutch for us, no disputing that. I think we really missed his presence against Balt, as he always seems to make a big play every time we played them. We will truly start to see the impact of his absence after this weekend. I really like wallace though, i'm confident in this kid stepping up. He could be an adequate replacement without all the ****iness and immaturity that santonio constantly flashed throughout his time here. Reminds me of when burress was let go and everyone was so bummed, it sucks letting a guy with that kind of talent go, but in the end it's the right decision for the team. If #10 had a better head on his shoulders he would still be in black and gold and we would be downright LETHAL on offense.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote