Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default NFL MVP Week 5

A couple from Mike Sando's list are ridiculous, but overall it's ok:

1. Payton Manning - Can't go wrong here. 11TDs, 2 INTS, 102.6 rating. Typical Manning
2. Tom Brady - Can't argue. #1 is passer rating, completing 70% of his passes
3. Chris Johnson - Disagree. He has less yards than Arian Foster on more attempts. Seems this ranking is based more on 2009 than 2010
4. Drew Brees - 2010 has been a bit of a down year for Brees, but the fact that he's still 4th on this list speaks volumes about his ability.
5. Matt Ryan - Disagree. He's only on this list because he's the quarterback of a 4-1 football team, which could easilly be 2-3.
6. Philip Rivers - He's only this low because the Chargers are 2-3. He's 3rd in the league with a quarterback rating of 105.4.
7. Julius Peppers - I really don't know, but I do appreciate defenders getting some love though.
8. Kyle Orton - In the same boat with Philip Rivers. Orton is having a great season - but it's too bad the Broncos can't stop anybody.
9. Mark Sanchez - Disagree. He's having a good season, but it probably has more to do with defenses keying on LT, and Shonn Greene, while throwing passes to Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and Kellen Clemens. In other words, Sanchez is the benefactor of an extremely talented team.
10. Arian Foster - One bad game really has brought him down, but it was probably the result of the New York Giants stellar run defense keying to stop him. Schaub will have to step it up.

My List:

1. Peyton Manning - see above
2. Michael Vick - I know he's been injured, but he's extremely valuable to the Eagles success, and you can see that when he's not in the game.
3. Tom Brady - see above
4. Philip Rivers - see above
5. Arian Foster - see above
6. LeSean McCoy - 138 total yards and a TD with cracked ribs last week when his team really needed it missing their starting QB. He's a dual threat RB who can catch and run, a useful commodity in Andy Ried's offense. He's accumulated 366 yards rushing on only 68 carries for a 5.4 ypc, and he's also tallied 118 yards recieving.
7. Kyle Orton - see above
8. Rashard Mendenhall - I'm kind of amazed he's not on Sando's list. Down to their 4th quarterback, the Steelers really needed Mendenhall to almost carry the offense with the defense keying on him, and he has delivered. While the Steelers are 30th in passing yards, they're 8th in rushing yards per game. His 50 yard TD run in OT against the Falcons was huge.
9. Jay Cutler - I look for him to digress throughout the season, but for now you have to respect his performance. I know he's gotten lucky with some dropped picks, but he still drove his offense in the 4th quarter to beat a good Packers team. He's a big reason the Bears are doing well, throwing 6 TDs and only 3 INTs. Again, I don't expect him to keep it up, but for now.....
10. Drew Brees - see above.

What do you think?
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote