Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #11
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: So, who's going to step up & be our return guy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid Lloyd
Please don't let it be Colclough....I've never seen someone consistently run into the pile as much as he does.
I agree... he runs right into the coverage on all of his returns.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #12
benberger
Water Boy

Member Number: 242

Ill do it!!!! I hereby volunteer.
benberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:17 PM   #13
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

I vote for benberger. but if for some reason (altho I can't think of any ) that doesn't work out, I'll go with Morgan
Old 03-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #14
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz
ARE really did develop into that role very well. I was taken by how many times, during the SI DVD, he took it all the way during the year. I tend to focus on the grind much moreso than special teams, but those points sure didn't hurt.

I've told all my Redskin buddies they'll be loving ARE. (5 mill/per? What are they smoking?)

Replacing EL as a returner is not very different than having to replace Sean Morey as a
special teams stand-out. And I don't recall "many times" that El went all the way - I do remember the east-west yardage and the incessant dancing.

That next special return player will come from somewhere but if its not immediate I won't have sleepless nights. Right now a guy with speed who can catch a football and not TURNOVER the football is all we need. Finding ARE's replacement as a returner won't be unlike finding a SUV in a used car lot with oil trading @ $100 per barrel.

And I don't think Skins Fan will be all that happy with that inept anemic offense. If ARE couldn't be productive with Ben as QB, then how in the hell will he produce with their stiffs 'throwing' the ball? ARE's numbers were subpar last season.

And 5 mil per year...that smoke you smell is the aroma of Greenbacks burning in Dan Snyder's stove. Now that is something he knows and does well.

Last edited by Haiku_Dirtt; 03-14-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
And I don't recall "many times" that El went all the way - I do remember the east-west yardage and the incessant dancing.
It's got to be that SI video. :) I've watched it so many times, I suppose I've seen him take it all the way more often than he really did. I checked NFL.com, and he only had 2 during the regular season. Wasn't there one in the playoffs as well? Hmmm.

Yeah, he did a lot of East/West stuff, but he made some things happen. He had some long returns that weren't for TDs. He made some pretty poor decisions, too, and the one against NE was unthinkable.

I think someone will fall into the role pretty well, and as you said, protecting the football & playing smart will get the most love from Cowher.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #16
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784

Whatever you think about the dancing around, bottom line for me with PR is not turning the ball over. ARE was pretty damn good, and had some big time returns - keeping us in the game vs JAX, and the DET one was big. He is one of the more dangerous Punt Returners in the League, and that will be missed, but as someone said, we wont be losing any sleep over it.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz
It's got to be that SI video. :) I've watched it so many times, I suppose I've seen him take it all the way more often than he really did. I checked NFL.com, and he only had 2 during the regular season. Wasn't there one in the playoffs as well? Hmmm.

the video does a great job of highlighting about 8-10 critical and gamechanging plays by el throughout the year. his contributions were far greater than just his numbers would suggest.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #18
MichiSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 959

I'm not sure. But to these people who suggest Sinorice Moss.. why?? All he is basically is a punt returner, and other than that he would be of hardly any value. He is so small that i just cant see him being productive in the NFL. When we adress WR, I'm lovin Nance

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me."- Jack Lambert

Go Buckeyes and Spartans!
MichiSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:37 AM   #19
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit
At this point I'll "guess' that Ricardo Colclough will be our punt returner.
Check "quick hits" at the bottom of this link.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06075/671079.stm
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:11 AM   #20
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiSteeler
I'm not sure. But to these people who suggest Sinorice Moss.. why?? All he is basically is a punt returner, and other than that he would be of hardly any value. He is so small that i just cant see him being productive in the NFL. When we adress WR, I'm lovin Nance

santana moss (sinorice older brother), steve smith, ward, they are small and have value. i know i talked shit in the past about small wrs but they are starting to dominate. the big guys are some what overrated now a days. sinorice is a speed burner and doesn't need height, he can just run past everyone and big ben will just air it out to him. don't sleep on midget wrs like i have in the past, they finna take over
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote