Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #21
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: So, who's going to step up & be our return guy now?

According to Colbert, it is Recardo Colclough! Ickk, he stinks at it!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #22
FanecaFan66
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
santana moss (sinorice older brother), steve smith, ward, they are small and have value. i know i talked shit in the past about small wrs but they are starting to dominate. the big guys are some what overrated now a days. sinorice is a speed burner and doesn't need height, he can just run past everyone and big ben will just air it out to him. don't sleep on midget wrs like i have in the past, they finna take over

I gotta agree. I make no secret of it. I'm really high on this guy. He could return punts for us, play slot and stretch the field, even demand extra attention that frees up room down the middle of the hashes for our TE's, or other recievers. His 40 time was 4.38 making him the 3rd fastest WR in the draft which means if he's still around at 32 which i think he will be, then he's a steal at that number.
FanecaFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #23
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466

I agree I like him I hope we draft sinorice moss
pittsburgh$teelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #24
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life
According to Colbert, it is Recardo Colclough! Ickk, he stinks at it!
Ick is right ! Coc doesnt hit the holes fast enough. Sure he had that return in pre season but all year long every time he touched the ball in the return game I held my breath.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #25
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

edit - nevermind

Last edited by Petesburgh66; 03-20-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #26
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66
According to the Steelers website

http://news.steelers.com/team/player/-1?sort=2

Morgan is on the roster (and this includes all recent activity).
I don't think that page is up to date. It usually takes them a few days to make changes.
ARE was on the roster list for 2 or 3 days after signing with the foreskins. Hope I'm wrong though. I always liked Quincy.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:00 AM   #27
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid Lloyd
Please don't let it be Colclough....I've never seen someone consistently run into the pile as much as he does.
Hear Hear!!! You hit the Bullseye on that one! Or he just dances too much (like Willie) and gets dropped for little/no gain. Don't get me wrong, I love Fast Willie to death...but if he would just turn upfield and go, then he would at least pck 1 or 2 yards instead of losing 2 or 3 (like in SB XL!). Watch him...he will pause, dance, and lose ground...and as posted above, bust one wide open to get his numbers up. Hmmmmmm....

I'd like Sinorice too! Contrary to MichiSteeler's comment.

For MichiSteeler: How tall is SB XL's MVP? By far, NOT the tallest Receiver out there!

Go for Sinorice! Go for Sinorice! Go for Sinorice! Go for Sinorice! Go for Sinorice!
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:41 AM   #28
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

If Morgan is back with us, he did a greta job on K/O returns. Punt returns will be Ricardo and possibly Washington unless we do draft a spedy receiver that returned punts in college.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #29
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Steelers searching for return man

Stanford's Rushing would fill a Steelers need By Mike Eubanks
TheBootleg.com
Date: Mar 21, 2006

Tim Dwight, who visited Pittsburgh on Tuesday, is now a New York Jet. But he wasn't the first, nor will he be the last, skilled return man to visit the South Side Complex. The Steelers have already worked out one of the speed demons available in April's NFL draft.

T.J. Rushing has already held a workout with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and today he is joined by Stanford outside linebacker and good friend Jon Alston in working out for the Dallas Cowboys. The cornerback/kick returner prospect has other scheduled workouts upcoming, including the New England Patriots on March 30 and the St. Louis Rams on April 3.

Cornerback/kick returner T.J. Rushing has helped Stanford with a number of memorable performances on The Farm, but the senior last week at Stanford's Pro Day put forth a showing that helped himself. An afterthought for many analysts and scouts for the upcoming NFL Draft, Rushing performed in front of representatives from most of the league impressively.

Rushing ran the fastest 40 of the day among Stanford's seniors, with a 4.34 despite rainy conditions that made for slick grass and a number of slow times. He also recorded a 40" vertical jump and - most impressive of all - put up 20 repetitions of 225 pounds on the bench press.

"Everybody had me billed as a guy not strong enough and not fast enough," Rushing comments. "Any questions about speed and strength were answered [at Pro Day], even though the surface conditions were not what I wanted and I didn't run as fast as I wanted."

Not invited to the NFL Combines in Indianapolis (Ind.), Rushing had his first real opportunity to test and perform drills in front of an audience of NFL scouts last Wednesday. Believe it or not, he had been listed with "4.55" speed in the publications and data that circulates among scouts and general managers. Rushing rewrote that notion at Pro Day and now has scouts talking about his speed.

The other issue for Rushing has been his size, not among the biggest of cornerbacks at 5'9". But he says that he is not far from the size of many at his position in the NFL. Moreover, his leaping ability helps erase further concerns where size could be an issue.

"We've looked, and the average corner throughout the league is 5'9.75"," Rushing states. "And I think I answered that with my vertical. Some people were wondering if at my size I would get beat on the deep ball. If I can go up and bat it down, then there is no issue."

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote