Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Gay parents more likely to have gay kids.

http://www.aolnews.com/science/artic..._lnk2%7C178255

I know the PC's will hate this, but shouldn't this be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense? I guess if I were to take anything from this study it would be that I'd probably be very carefull about allowing lesbians to adopt. If the study is correct their influence is much more exteme in promoting homosexuality than it is with gay men.

Damn it, I effed up, can one of the mods edit the title to state "gay" kids?!

Last edited by zulater; 10-17-2010 at 10:04 AM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Gay parents more likely to have kids.

I get what you mean, but think the study is a little skewed still.

I do understand his point that lesbian mothers might encourage their female children to "try out girls", but what about their boy children? Does the same apply there? I would imagine that a straight male child of two lesbian mothers would be a less aggressive child and more "in tune" to womens feelings...if that makes any sense.

Also, did he compare his research of gay parents to straight parents and how many gay children come from straight couples? I'm willing to bet the number would be less...but you have to factor in that gay children of straight couples are more likely to repress their tendencies. They do not "come out" as easily, I don't think that makes them any less gay in the long run though.

This study has a lot of holes in it IMO. But was an interesting read nonetheless.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I get what you mean, but think the study is a little skewed still.

I do understand his point that lesbian mothers might encourage their female children to "try out girls", but what about their boy children? Does the same apply there? I would imagine that a straight male child of two lesbian mothers would be a less aggressive child and more "in tune" to womens feelings...if that makes any sense.

Also, did he compare his research of gay parents to straight parents and how many gay children come from straight couples? I'm willing to bet the number would be less...but you have to factor in that gay children of straight couples are more likely to repress their tendencies. They do not "come out" as easily.

This study has a lot of holes in it IMO. But was an interesting read nonetheless.
Put it this way, I think I'd be inclined to check what sort of relationship a lesbian couple had with their father and brothers before allowing them to adopt a girl. If they were trying to adopt a boy that in and of itself would probably indicate they have a healthy attitude towards men, therefore as long as they passed the normal adoption proccess I'd give it the green light.

With gay men it looks to me as if they should be afforded normal consideration based on other relevant factors. .
Old 10-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Put it this way, I think I'd be inclined to check what sort of relationship a lesbian couple had with their father and brothers before allowing them to adopt a girl. If they were trying to adopt a boy that in and of itself would probably indicate they have a healthy attitude towards men, therefore as long as they passed the normal adoption proccess I'd give it the green light.

With gay men it looks to me as if they should be afforded normal consideration based on other relevant factors. .

I can agree on this...but to go further, I think anyone adopting a child should be heavily screened (and they usually are). Also, remember that lesbians don't necessarily need to adopt. They can have babies through sperm donors. I don't know if that's the route most take, but I would think, from a legal standpoint anyway, that it would be easier. Some also have kids "the old fashioned way", sometimes even with a gay man. I don't think that's as common though.

It's controversial now, but there are scientists that are working on creating mammal babies from two eggs (has actually been done with mice in Japan...the mouse Kaguya has two genetic mothers).

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 10-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096
Default Re: Gay parents more likely to have gay kids.

The only thing having gay parents might do is encourage people to be bisexual. You can't turn an other wise straight boy or girl, gay where they only desire the same sex. If they want the opposite sex no amount of encouraging will change that. The encouraging could however lead to, hey I'm horny and that person of the same sex is down with it. Lets make it happen.

Other than I see this going no where. I don't really concern myself with the gay issue, just the stagnant birth rate in developed nations... And thats not just a gay issue its a, nobody can afford to have kids any more issue.
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

i'm not saying a gay couple can't be good parents , but kids can be very cruel . is it really fair to set kids up to receive the kind of ridicule that they'll inevitably receive from their peers ? a friend of mines ex wife decided to give fur trading a go when their daughter was in her early teens . he had custody, and i seen the effects first hand. that poor kid came home from school in tears more than once after a so called "friend" of hers made it public.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'm not saying a gay couple can't be good parents , but kids can be very cruel . is it really fair to set kids up to receive the kind of ridicule that they'll inevitably receive from their peers ? a friend of mines ex wife decided to give fur trading a go when their daughter was in her early teens . he had custody, and i seen the effects first hand. that poor kid came home from school in tears more than once after a so called "friend" of hers made it public.
Over fur trading?! I mean its a little unusual but still. Sounds like the only reason they heckled her about it is they realized she was embarrassed by it herself.
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLofSTEEL View Post
Over fur trading?! I mean its a little unusual but still. Sounds like the only reason they heckled her about it is they realized she was embarrassed by it herself.
and how would you have felt if when you were 12 or 13 , your classmates find out your dad is a pickle smoker and your classmates start making fun of it ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
and how would you have felt if when you were 12 or 13 , your classmates find out your dad is a pickle smoker and your classmates start making fun of it ?
I'd punch them in the face and say smoke this!

I get your point that kids are cruel though. Gay children and children of gay parents certainly don't have it easy....they are walking targets. That's why I don't like the high horse attitude that a lot of folks have in this country about how Muslims treat gays. They may have harsh laws against it, but our societal laws might as well be just as harsh. There's no real easy solution to any of it though except to educate people and hope that the bullying and hate (especially at the teen and pre-teen level) gets better.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
http://www.aolnews.com/science/artic..._lnk2%7C178255

I know the PC's will hate this, but shouldn't this be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense? I guess if I were to take anything from this study it would be that I'd probably be very carefull about allowing lesbians to adopt. If the study is correct their influence is much more exteme in promoting homosexuality than it is with gay men.

Damn it, I effed up, can one of the mods edit the title to state "gay" kids?!
Are you kidding me? What part of the Constitution would allow you to "be more carefull (sic) about allowing lesbians to adopt?" Aren't you the guy criticizing Islam repeatedly? Somehow you think your morals are A-OK to be thrust upon the rest of humanity?

Quote:
"I'm trying to prove that it's not 100 percent genetic," Schumm tells AOL News.
Gee, I wonder whose position that helps? Bias much?

If gay parents could convince a child to be gay, why can't straight parents convince their gay children to be straight? Oh I forgot, we can only use commons sense that fits our little hypothetical.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote