Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #21
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096
Default Re: Gay parents more likely to have gay kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
http://www.aolnews.com/science/artic..._lnk2%7C178255

I know the PC's will hate this, but shouldn't this be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense? I guess if I were to take anything from this study it would be that I'd probably be very carefull about allowing lesbians to adopt. If the study is correct their influence is much more exteme in promoting homosexuality than it is with gay men.

Damn it, I effed up, can one of the mods edit the title to state "gay" kids?!
Okay, explain to me why "promoting homosexuality" is a bad thing? You have some sort of religious motivation behind this? Or is this just a matter of, but they will pick on the poor kid? Just trying to get an idea of where you stand on this.
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #22
BURNSY
Water Boy

Member Number: 16175

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
Tom Brady's parents are straight. This study means nothing.
BURNSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #23
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,804 Posts

hmmmm..... the study doesn't say anything about us lesbians that are trapped in mens bodies ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #24
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
http://www.aolnews.com/science/artic..._lnk2%7C178255

I know the PC's will hate this, but shouldn't this be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense? I guess if I were to take anything from this study it would be that I'd probably be very carefull about allowing lesbians to adopt. If the study is correct their influence is much more exteme in promoting homosexuality than it is with gay men.

Damn it, I effed up, can one of the mods edit the title to state "gay" kids?!
Another thread that I can't get beyond the first post.

What a bunch of bullshit.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #25
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

this thread needs some Mel !!!

[YOUTUBE]ej8H926Hmaw [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLofSTEEL View Post
I got picked on at that age anyway in school. So I'd just deal with it like the rest of the garbage.
let me guess... you were in the chess club ? ...... not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Old 10-18-2010, 03:14 AM   #27
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
You don't have real good reading comprehension so no use me wasting my time explaining things that you'll only misunderstand.
Translation: you cannot even begin to explain your bigotry.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:04 AM   #28
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Oh, and did I mention ?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #29
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Another thread that I can't get beyond the first post.

What a bunch of bullshit.
Uh because you disagree with it? Usual leftist approach, if you disagree with the premise you dismiss the research without thought or consideration as to the actual content or conclusions.

You can claim that being gay or straight is an inborn thing, that a person can't be influenced to be something they're not, and to a large degree you'd be right, but not entirely. And that's where this topic starts and can lead to reasonable conversation among reasonable people.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #30
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Uh because you disagree with it? Usual leftist approach, if you disagree with the premise you dismiss the research without thought or consideration as to the actual content or conclusions.

You can claim that being gay or straight is an inborn thing, that a person can't be influenced to be something they're not, and to a large degree you'd be right, but not entirely. And that's where this topic starts and can lead to reasonable conversation among reasonable people.
but we cannot have a reasonable discussion among reasonable people. discussion in an open forum is tantamount to facism. you bring up an interesting topic for conversation, but, by doing that, you are a) a bigot b) a homophobe c) a self-loathing homosexual d) all of the above.
if we can have these conversations, which many that are not gay, and are looking for understanding of being gay, then there will/should be more acceptance of being gay. is that not the point?
many that do not agree with being gay, per se, but don't want to be hateful to others, and infringe on their rights, are looking for answers. as i am. i do so for many reasons, and have/am trying to figure out exactly how things fit. my philosophy may change, with open discussion, and gaining further knowledge. but this, you can't question or say anything, because your'e an obvious bigot crap needs to stop. that kind of thing, makes it more likely that those that are willing to change their minds on things of this nature, won't.