Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Cleveland scribe whining about Harrison's hits.

[YOUTUBE]cuoFW40FjfU&has[/YOUTUBE]

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

This thing of coming in late on plays and hitting someone that is pretty much already down happens in every game over and over. I hate it when I see someone pretty much down on the ground and another player comes in and takes a Cheap Shot on someone. But those 2 hits were not like that from Harrison and I would be, I promise ya, the first one to grumble about it either way. My wife always asks me like why do you get mad when the hit them like that? and I just tell her its a cheap shot, the player is pretty much already down, why take a cheap shot on someone? But then on the goalline or short yardages the Defense is coming in and flying around trying to keep that carrier back as much as they can, so I guess theres not much difference.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,798 Times in 2,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/...ibbles_20.html

Be interesting to see if the league agrees or not?
Certainly appears the league office might agree

NFL might suspend players for hits

The NFL could soon start suspending players for dangerous helmet-to-helmet hits, vice president of football operations Ray Anderson told The Associated Press on Monday....

"There's strong testimonial for looking readily at evaluating discipline, especially in the areas of egregious and elevated dangerous hits," he said in a phone interview. "Going forward there are certain hits that occurred that will be more susceptible to suspension. There are some that could bring suspensions for what are flagrant and egregious situations."

Anderson said the NFL could make changes in its approach immediately, with Commissioner Roger Goodell having the final say. League officials will consult with the union, but he didn't expect any opposition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5699517

Hopefully Goodell will announce any new policy before any games are played under which the new enforcement policy may be applied - but since Goodell makes up suspension policies on the fly who knows
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

^ that would be such bs if harrison gets suspended for playing FOOTBALL. cribbs was trying to make a play on us. harrison won't be allowed to try and make a play for us?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #15
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
^ that would be such bs if harrison gets suspended for playing FOOTBALL. cribbs was trying to make a play on us. harrison won't be allowed to try and make a play for us?
No. It would be just like Ben. The girl was trying to make a play for him, but he wasn't allowed to make a play for her.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

There will be no suspension of James Harrison. The players association would never allow a suspension to be retroactive with a rule being put in after the offense. Even if the rule were in place now, I can't see how you would rule that hit was worthy of a suspension. The other problem is if a guy gets up wobbly or stays on the ground, the suspension penalty will come. But if he takes that same hit and pops right up, no suspension.
This rule will make this game more like soccer and you'll have guys laying on the ground injured or not.
Harris's hits were vicious, not illegal. There is a difference.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
There will be no suspension of James Harrison. The players association would never allow a suspension to be retroactive with a rule being put in after the offense. Even if the rule were in place now, I can't see how you would rule that hit was worthy of a suspension. The other problem is if a guy gets up wobbly or stays on the ground, the suspension penalty will come. But if he takes that same hit and pops right up, no suspension.
This rule will make this game more like soccer and you'll have guys laying on the ground injured or not.
Harris's hits were vicious, not illegal. There is a difference.
agreed. speaking of illegal did you guys see dunta robinson's hit on desean jackson? that made either of harrisons hits look like nothing. both players were out for a few minutes
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
agreed. speaking of illegal did you guys see dunta robinson's hit on desean jackson? that made either of harrisons hits look like nothing. both players were out for a few minutes
Or Brandon Merriwether's hit on Todd sHeap? This whole discussion makes me sick. If the league goes down this road you may as well put skirts & rollerskates on these guys. Makes me sick!
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
[YOUTUBE]cuoFW40FjfU&has[/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

Harrison is a nasty beast, I love it!!!!!!
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote