Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #21
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679
Default Re: Why no Keyshawn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, threat inside the redzone? Are you talking about the same Meshawn Johnson that got 106 balls and had 1 TD?

And you think Meshawn is more physicall them WARD? I've seen Hines Ward take hits from the JOhn Lynch's of the world and get up like no other. And I have seen him flatten 300 D tackles on sweeps. Maybe you should stop smokin the old Nate Newton pipe and watch some more football games.

Lol I watch enough games to know that Keyshawn is more physical....maybe you should pull your head out your ass and see the light. Not everyone wearing a Steeler jersey is God.....hell its not like youre talkin bad about Ward if you admit it either....so just come forth and type the truth. I mean honestly I saw Keyshawn give an Eagles saftey a concussion who tried laying a big hit on him.....and Key was still standin and goin for extra yards. Ward flew like a bitch when he got popped by Lynch but he did get back up......but taking a hit doesnt mean you play more physical.....just letting you know

(Key caught 71 balls for 6 TDs......and wadda ya know inside the Redzone he caught 11 balls for 6 TDs.)
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:26 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts

who is regarded as the most physical best blocking wr in the nfl? hmmmmmmmm......

its NOT keyshawn! or else hed be getting paid like he was. he wouldnt be getting cut, and then searching for a team to pay him a meager 3-4 mil.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #23
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

See theres still more things to being a physical WR than blocking and taking a hit.....Both of them are good blockers but Ward is a better blocker. I just think Key takes more hits and knows hes going to when he catches the ball. Hes always catching the ball over the middle in traffic and what not......... it dont matter though
Old 03-16-2006, 12:38 PM   #24
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmmmmm
See theres still more things to being a physical WR than blocking and taking a hit.....
like what????? hugging and smooching?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #25
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Maybe......I pretty much contradicted myself in the last post lol. Didnt catch it till now but oh well....what I was getting at is Keyshawn is a WR who goes over the middle on the regular and takes a beating every game. I know he goes over the middle more than Ward
Old 03-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #26
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Maybe I'm biased, but in my opinion Hines Ward is the toughest WR in the league. I can't count how many times I have heard former and current players and sports analysts state the exact same.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to take Keyshawn Johnson. After his little stint in Tampa, my opinion of the guy was set.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:17 PM   #27
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Personally, you couldn't pay me to take Keyshawn Johnson. After his little stint in Tampa, my opinion of the guy was set.
if it were hines ward who left instead of randle el, i would seriously wanna consider keyshawn. at a bargain rate of course
Old 03-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #28
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
if it were hines ward who left instead of randle el, i would seriously wanna consider keyshawn. at a bargain rate of course
His mouth and his attitude is not worth it in my book. Ward or no Ward. In my opinion, for as much as the guy talks, his play doesn't come near backing it up.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-16-2006 at 01:40 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #29
FanecaFan66
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1986
Cool Re: Why no Keyshawn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmmmmm
Maybe......I pretty much contradicted myself in the last post lol. Didnt catch it till now but oh well....what I was getting at is Keyshawn is a WR who goes over the middle on the regular and takes a beating every game. I know he goes over the middle more than Ward

Sorry man I hate to beat on you, cause i left the other board for this very reason. I'll just say, Keyshawn is a little bitch and in no way more physical than Hines. Perfect example of this, mid season game Bledsoe led Johnson into a rolled corner and he came to the sideline yelling and cursing Drew out because he led him into a hit.

If you've seen enough steelers football you would know as every other person does who regards Hines Ward as the most physical reciever in the game, that he looks for this sort of contact. I've seen Hines lay out a LINEBACKER before, yes thats right, a linebacker with a block. Keyshawn is afraid of contact from a corner.

Big difference. And he is overrated. He got all his star power from being a versatile WR with the New York Jets and that was nearly a decade ago. He was a problem child in Tampa, hence his own head coach banned him from the team. And he and his QB in Dallas had a rocky relationship, not to mention he asked for more money he didn't deserve... and so he finds himself in free agency, but lucky for us steelers fans he'll never find himself in Black N' Gold.
FanecaFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #30
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
It's not a horrible idea. Keyshawn has shown that he can be a team player. He had a good season with Dallas and not a peep out of him.

Still, we can't afford to keep two high price receivers. If Keyshawn doesn't get a big offer somewhere, then maybe we'd make a play, but even with his change, there is still team chemistry to consider.
Not a peep? wasn't it Ol' No. 19 who was on film screaming at Bledsoe last season?

I'm missing something here. What part of the typical Steelers off-season equation does Keyshawn fit into? What makes you think this guy is even remotely cut of the Steelers ilk? He wouldn't fit in, period. They don't sign just anyone from free agency, especially not at a position they don't need to fill immediately. They already signed Wilson to solid No. 2 receiver money just last year. I would be shocked and amazed if the Steelers were even listed as being even remotely interested in bringing him in.

In fact, I'm surprised this is even being discussed like it's a possibility.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote