Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #21
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Harrison fined $75k, labeled a repeat offender

Can the Steelers or just Harrison appeal?

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
SuzyPeppercorn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2955

I'm dumbfounded that Harrison was fined. Absolute ****

I guess we are slowly turning into a flag football league
SuzyPeppercorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #23
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Could be worse...I expected a suspension from lapdog Goodell. I just hope for his sake he checked with Kraft and Bellicheater before he fined Merriweather.

The legend of Debo grows even larger. Think Cribbs and Massaqoui might find a reason to sit out the next Stillers game?

Lets see how many underneath routes the Tunafish run this weekend.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #24
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Like I said, piss the Steelers off, then feel the wrath. I welcome it.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #25
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
that's crap, robinson's hit was way worse than harrison's, he should get fined more. harrison looked like he was trying to avoid a helmet hit by shoving instead of leveling him with a shoulder hit which would have been much worse.
I agree. This whole thing is bullshit! It.s getting to the point that a player can't make a tackle. As far as Dungy is concerned F--- him I live close to Indy and had to listen to him for years complaining because the defenses around the leauge beat up his pussies Harrison and Wayne.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #26
frunko1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16964

This is bs. If the nfl really cared about player safety they would force all players to wear the newest gear, mouth guards, helmets, flak jackets etc.

Many players are out their playing with old gear, look at favre running around with a mid 90s helmet and no mouth guard. If he is allowed to play with unsafe equipment why should I think the nfl really cares about safety.

Also the nfl needs to put more pressure on manufacturers to come up with better gear. Helmet tech seems very out dated compared to the latest and greatest motorcycle tech, the is a new helmet with a soft outerlayer, hard inner...
http://www.idc.uk.com/about/news/idc...ead-in-safety/

Also if they did truly care about safety, the gear would be 100% custom fitted, and also would have more of a wrap around offering chin/jaw protection.
frunko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #27
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
I agree. This whole thing is bullshit! It.s getting to the point that a player can't make a tackle. As far as Dungy is concerned F--- him I live close to Indy and had to listen to him for years complaining because the defenses around the leauge beat up his pussies Harrison and Wayne.
the Colts are the ones who started all of this bitching and moaning about defenses playing too rough way back when the Pats beat up their receivers in the playoffs. since then, it's been non-stop. Polian has been pushing all these rule changes to help his offense-first team.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #28
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

What a crock of shit! If they want to stop helmet to helmet hits put them back in leather helmets.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #29
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120

Hey everyone,

I know I'm not gonna be too popular around here, especially this week. I do post here from time to time. So I might as well be even less-popular and say that I agree with the fines. I'll go even further and say that they all should have been suspended, IF the NFL is going to claim that new rules and policies are being enacted. Why wait until it happens again if that's now the rule?

I live in PIT actually saw the Steelers game this past weekend, saw the hits in question live. I immediately said "They're getting away with helmet to helmet" to the Steelers fans I was watching the game with. Not one of them said anything, objected or disagreed with me. Maybe they just weren't saying it, but I would think they would since I was pretty outnumbered.

I've watched most if not all of the Steelers games in the last 4 years. I don't think Harrison is a "dirty" player at all. He DOES have to be careful though, because it seems the league is keeping an eye on him. Wasn't he fined earlier in the year for "slamming" Vince Young on his head? That's probably why they're saying he's a repeat offender. He had 2 helmet to helmet hits last weekend. Regardless of intention or non intentional, the league is going to look at that.

Like I said I don't think he's dirty, but I do think he walks a thin line and sometimes he needs to not try so hard to "hurt" the opposing player. (Someone else here said he also shouldn't be going to the press and saying yes he does try to hurt people - agreed)

It's not just the Steelers a lot of teams do it. Football is a violent sport yes.
That doesn't mean that you actually have to try to hurt the other guy, that's not the objective. Yes, I know the Steelers have a reputation for their mean defense and they want to intimidate, I get it. You just have to tackle. If he gets hurt in the process then so be it, but it's not necessary to TRY to hurt him. See the difference?

Hockey is another violent sport that I love to watch, love the Penguins. I don't see those guys going helmet to helmet nearly as much as in the NFL. Why is that? (And they're even ALLOWED to beat the s*** out of each other)

One last thing, if anyone's interested I actually found the list of rules that were made after certain players there's lots of players from different teams. I didn't know about a lot of these rules. Here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...er_NFL_figures
Old 10-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #30
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

This is such crap by the league here. They didn't flag him for it in the game number 1 and number 2 they even had their officials saying it was legal the next day and now you fine James. It's not about the money to me, it's about the principle. And Rodney Harrison has no room to talk about dirty hits. Hypocrite.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote