Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-17-2006, 09:37 AM   #21
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520
Default Re: Ike's future and the 22nd pick overall...

if they were serious about Ike, they should've offered El a few less million, IMO. Ike would've been money more well-spent. not that El isn't a good player, but I don't think he's worth the kind of money they put up for him
Old 03-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #22
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
Nice, u do know name calling just shows how dumb you are. I can't believe my idea is above your head lol. Wow man u are slow this is why i left this forum my idea makes perfect sense to just about 10 other forums and then to u it doesn't make any, wow your slow.
Not sure what name I called you here...or even what idea you presented. Perhaps if you wrote it at a level easy to recognize by someone with a high school diploma, we might not have this problem...Ya know what? Nevermind.

My guess is it would be Washington's next available first round selection. I haven't found anything that suggests what would happen in this situation.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #23
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

I posted this before, but its applicable again. IKE HAD ONE GOOD YEAR !!! Do you really think owners are gonna break the bank on the guy ? and give up a 1st round pick? I think IKE has the potential to become a great corner, is he now ... NO. Remember Chad Scott and Dwayne Washington, they both had A GREAT YEAR ......got their contract ...and look what happened. I think we are really overreacting about Ike Taylor. I'm not bashing him, just looking it at realisticlly, IMO.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #24
tootalltoscore
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
I posted this before, but its applicable again. IKE HAD ONE GOOD YEAR !!! Do you really think owners are gonna break the bank on the guy ? and give up a 1st round pick? I think IKE has the potential to become a great corner, is he now ... NO. Remember Chad Scott and Dwayne Washington, they both had A GREAT YEAR ......got their contract ...and look what happened. I think we are really overreacting about Ike Taylor. I'm not bashing him, just looking it at realisticlly, IMO.
I certainly have to agree with the above comment, but, more than that I believe the orginisation is playing safe here, I believe they are looking for a higher pick than #22 and by setting a low offer they are making it more realistic for other teams, perhaps they intend to offer a higher sheet to Ike - let us wait and see.

A scenario I like the look of, is that the Rams take Ike and we get their #11 pick now i see Lendale dropping to us, or Santonio Holmes, or dropping back down the opportunities are endless lets be positive
tootalltoscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #25
MichiSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 959

Love Ike, he is a must keep. Although I would have liked to keep Hope, keeping Keisel and Ike will satisfy me enough. but like i said id rather have all 3

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me."- Jack Lambert

Go Buckeyes and Spartans!
MichiSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #26
TxsTed
Water Boy

Member Number: 1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsteelers
There's not really a point in trading for him. His set value is a first-round pick due to him being a restricted free agent. The Redskins have to give at least that, but the Steelers can't stop them from signing him unless they want to pay him that much money. If not, they get a pick.

And yes, I didn't notice that the Skins don't have a first-rounder this year. I only saw the order on NFL.com, who, for some reason, hasn't updated the draft list. My bad.

So what gives, then? The Steelers are forced to give up a player with NO compensation this year if that goes down?
The Redskins can't sign Ike to an offer sheet unless they have a 1st round pick in this years draft. They would have to workout a trade, like they did for Brandon Lloyd (also a RFA who would have required a 1st round pick as compensation).
TxsTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:26 AM   #27
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

The Steelers paid him a middle level tier to see what teams would bit on him, and seeing if someone possibly in the middle rounds would bite. Taylor had an good year, but i think Steeler fans over react to his greatness. C Scott looked really good as well for a couple of years and then he all the sudden couldnt cover his shadow. I cant say for sure, but i dont see a team giving up a first round on a guy who has limited playing experience and missed about 10 INT"s and had some tackling issues. The missed INT's being the worst of it, i would get so mad at him when watching games. I would say if a team did offer us a first round pick for him, i would take it and run and get White.... use Mcfadden and Townsend, Coclough draft another CB in 3rd round and another in 5th. just my opinion of course lol =)
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #28
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
im sick of rookie cb's so no to youboty. no way he can contribute like ike did last year. 2 #1's could help (if we were rebuilding) but right now replacing starters with rookies will just set us back. would a deal like this help us move up to take lendale white? yes, but would anyone trade their #1 pick and ike taylor for him? probably not.

all i know is we better sign ben and troy polamalu up longterm. i can see snyder drooling over them already.

we have to match (which means we might overpay a bit) we get robbed if we give up ike for #22.
If one really believes that LenDale White could become the tailback of the future then yes I'd make that deal. There is a good secondary crop available in the draft this year.

I love the way Ike plays but he does self-promote. And if we start to overpay in the secondary now then what is going to happen when Troy's contract is due. Troy is more valuable than Ike.

This is a slippery slope that the Rooneys should let lil' Danny take his Redskins down.

Umm. Seems like Dan Snyder is suffering from 'Napoleon syndrome.'
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #29
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

Agreed !!
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:49 PM   #30
billcowherschin
Water Boy

Member Number: 2075

the redskins first round pick (22 overall) was part of the trade for clinton portis, so please do a little research before we start posting information that is not accurate
billcowherschin is offline   Reply With Quote