Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-23-2005, 10:14 PM   #11
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: 1st rd. over, any thoughts

Cleve, I think we got a third round this year, and a 6th for next year from Balt for our second.

I see we just took another OL. About the same size as Logan Mankins, 6' 4 1/2" to 6' 5", 310 to 320, and like Mankins may go from tackle to guard.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:52 AM   #12
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Very Happy with the draft. I still get concerned that we won't utilize talent like Miller at the TE spot but its great to make D's focus on so many options. As for Mc Fadden I'm stoked. I was tired of always watching Washington get beat over the top and just wanted some bigger guys. Plus how many reps did he do? Gotta check out the third round now, but I just got home from work so its late, maybe in the am.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:50 AM   #13
tootalltoscore
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 358
Exclamation Re: 1st rd. over, any thoughts

My first post and i'm an English fan so bear with me.

Heath Miller is a steal for the Steelers - no pun intended - number 1 at this position and available at 30, wow!!

I have to say myself that the pick in the 2nd may top that. We needed a CB and I think we may have an absolute gem, most of his moves will take place at the line of scrimmage, he is a tough, hard hitting player, he could probably add a few more pounds on to his body without affecting his skills.

I especially like the comments made by a draftnik who knows what he is talking about - see below:

Bryant is very close to being a first round pick. He reminds me a lot of Chris Gamble of Ohio St in last year?s draft, but Bryant is further along with his skills then Chris was. In fact, Bryant is further along with his CB skills at this stage than a lot of CB?s in this draft. The biggest concern for me with Bryant is how much better he can get. Is he a #2 CB or a #1 CB? Bryant must make the scouts feel that he can stay on the field and to do that, he must bulk up. Look to the combine for the answer to this. If Bryant goes to the combine and keeps or gains the weight that he had at the Senior Bowl and doesn?t lose any speed or quickness, then he could sneak into the first round. At the Senior Bowl, he was up to 191 lbs and his workouts were good. He has made a lot of scouts re-evaluate their profiles on him. Not me -- I know Bryant has 1st round talent and if I needed a CB, I would pick him over a lot of flashy Juniors that are coming out without the techniques needed to be successful in the NFL.

Sorry for the long post, will try and keep it shorter in future :)
tootalltoscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:10 AM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

tootall, welcome. England? Thats awesome. Steelers Fans worldwide. Never apologize for a long thread. Goood points, Lets hope Miller is healthy and this will only help Ben.

How are the Steelers in England, do they have many fans there?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #15
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

nice insight, and dont ever worry about posting up a long thread w/ good content like that. Welcome to SF
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:34 AM   #16
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Welcome tootal! It's always nice to see more Steeler fans come out and post. Good post. I have heard nothing but good things about Bryant so far. It makes me more and more excited for training camp and the season :)
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #17
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Overall I like that we are back to picking tough workman guys that fit in our system. Its nice to see the press say that a player will look great in black and gold. Means the team is still bigger than the player. Oh yeah, trust me...no one cares about long posts as long as they are insightful. Not that I do that...