Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...only_21_o.html

It wouldn't let me copy and paste the article here, but it has to do with Favre and Ray Lewis being ahead of Brady and the writer pretty much bases it on Brady's performance in superbowls...
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,289
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,600
Thanked 8,309 Times in 3,647 Posts
Default Re: People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...only_21_o.html

It wouldn't let me copy and paste the article here, but it has to do with Favre and Ray Lewis being ahead of Brady and the writer pretty much bases it on Brady's performance in superbowls...
As the column notes, they probably are more upset in Boston about Derek Jeter as the spokesman for the Brady segment - that is like having Brady introduce a segment for one of the Steelers on the list
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
As the column notes, they probably are more upset in Boston about Derek Jeter as the spokesman for the Brady segment - that is like having Brady introduce a segment for one of the Steelers on the list
I hope they all cry to their mommies.

I saw Lamberts segment as he was number 28. I saw him make an almost identical tackle to what Harrison got fined for on Sunday.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,289
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,600
Thanked 8,309 Times in 3,647 Posts
Default Re: People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
I hope they all cry to their mommies.

I saw Lamberts segment as he was number 28. I saw him make an almost identical tackle to what Harrison got fined for on Sunday.
The Lambert segment was like watching an episode of Little House on the Prairie compared to the hits shown in Night Train Lane segment (#30) that preceded it - if Night Train was playing today Goodell probably would order him executed at halftime
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The Lambert segment was like watching an episode of Little House on the Prairie compared to the hits shown in Night Train Lane segment (#30) that preceded it - if Night Train was playing today Goodell probably would order him executed at halftime
Halftime? He wouldn't even make it past the kickoff.

Though I'm pissed about this whole helmet to helmet stuff, I haven't gotten over Woodley fined 20k for sacking Campbell in an intemidating mannor. What does that even mean? I think the fans should do what the people of France did during the revolution..

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
kirklandrules
Team Captain
 
kirklandrules's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 751
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
As the column notes, they probably are more upset in Boston about Derek Jeter as the spokesman for the Brady segment - that is like having Brady introduce a segment for one of the Steelers on the list
No, it's more like having Tom "the homo" Brady throwing the coin toss in the Super Bowl between the Steelers and the Cards. What a farce that was.

I'd think the losers in Boston should pipe down. Their team hasn't won a Super Bowl they didn't cheat in yet. Hell, their gay coach admitted to the commish that they cheated in each of the 3 Super Bowl victories and the games leading up to those championships.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
No, it's more like having Tom "the homo" Brady throwing the coin toss in the Super Bowl between the Steelers and the Cards. What a farce that was.

I'd think the losers in Boston should pipe down. Their team hasn't won a Super Bowl they didn't cheat in yet. Hell, their gay coach admitted to the commish that they cheated in each of the 3 Super Bowl victories and the games leading up to those championships.
To be fair, if the rules, as Bellichick pointed out, it only said you couldn't use video tapes of other teams during the game. It never said you couldn't tape other teams hand signals or tape their practices. It wasn't until right before the 07 season that the rule changed, which is why he was ratted out so quickly.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: People of Boston in a fiddle over Brady only being number 21

http://broncotalk.net/2010/10/18590/...spots-too-low/

Everyone in Denver is now pissed Elway was only 23 and not number 1.
Does anyone even know who Jerry Rice, Montana, Jim Brown, Deacon Jones, Joe Greene, and Dick Butkus even are in Denver?

They are also mad that NFL linemen have actually made the top 100... People in Denver are worse than people in Boston.

No on in Miami or Dallas are complaning where Marino and Emmitt Smith are.

And on a new england board everyone is still complaining that Favre and Manning won less superbowls and don't deserve to be higher than Brady...
Why does everyone care about superbowls? Marino wasn't even in a superbowl but they think he should be higher than Brady.
Brady is not the greatest NFL player, he's a great, if not the greatest quarterback, but as an overrall football player, he's lame. Atleast Favre played with broken bones. If Favre broke his left, he'd still be out there hobbling around throwing interceptions.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts