Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: USA Eliminated

The thing that really chaps my ass is all the Latin American players who make millions playing in the USA but thumb their noses at the U.S. and choose to play for their country of origin.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
The thing that really chaps my ass is all the Latin American players who make millions playing in the USA but thumb their noses at the U.S. and choose to play for their country of origin.

the reason for that is because it's an honor to rep your country, they ain't from here so they don't have to play for us. let them rep their countries if they want. no need to be mad at that
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:17 PM   #13
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
the reason for that is because it's an honor to rep your country, they ain't from here so they don't have to play for us. let them rep their countries if they want. no need to be mad at that
If they love their country and want to represent then they should play their full-time.
They want the best of both worlds which is the American Greenback without showing any type of allegiance.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:23 PM   #14
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
If they love their country and want to represent then they should play their full-time.
They want the best of both worlds which is the American Greenback without showing any type of allegiance.
so should that go for basketball players too? i just can't fault someone for wanting to rep their countries. it's not their fault americans haven't gotten lazy and ain't that good at sports anymore
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #15
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

So we shouldnt have the best players playing in the best league?? It doesnt make a whole lot of sense. You would rather have the league diluted?? The way they determined your eligiabilty for the WBC was if one of your parents was born in another country you could play for that country. I want the best competition in MLB, that means we cannot leave out the foreign players. These players are not sticking their noses up at the USA, they are playing for their native country, the pride shown by the latin and asian teams is something the US players are lacking outside of Roger Clemens. If you follow your line of thinking you would get rid of Polamalu because he is of Samoan heritage, if you do that all over the league the NFL wouldnt be as good. just makes no sense
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #16
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
so should that go for basketball players too? i just can't fault someone for wanting to rep their countries. it's not their fault americans haven't gotten lazy and ain't that good at sports anymore
To be honest with you it irritates me when there is any type of International Sporting Event and the foreign players who make countless millions and enjoy a much better standard of living here in the states run off with a sudden urge of Patriotism and play for their home country.......especially if some of these jokers have become legalized U.S. citizens.

You are correct that the American athlete isn't the top dog anymore.
Funny how we used to dominate in basketball and baseball but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #17
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
So we shouldnt have the best players playing in the best league?? It doesnt make a whole lot of sense. You would rather have the league diluted?? The way they determined your eligiabilty for the WBC was if one of your parents was born in another country you could play for that country. I want the best competition in MLB, that means we cannot leave out the foreign players. These players are not sticking their noses up at the USA, they are playing for their native country, the pride shown by the latin and asian teams is something the US players are lacking outside of Roger Clemens. If you follow your line of thinking you would get rid of Polamalu because he is of Samoan heritage, if you do that all over the league the NFL wouldnt be as good. just makes no sense

The key phrase I see is "could" play for that country. Which means they could play for the United States if they wanted too???
Again they want to make the big time money but don't want to show any appreciation for the country that provides them the lifestyle they more than likely wouldn't get in their home country.
I'm sure if Roger Clemens was making a Billion dollars playing for the team from Outer Monglolia he'd want to come back and play for the peasant U.S. team.
You can't make the comparison of NFL football as an International sport when the U.S. is the only country outside of Canada that plays for any type of championship.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #18
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
To be honest with you it irritates me when there is any type of International Sporting Event and the foreign players who make countless millions and enjoy a much better standard of living here in the states run off with a sudden urge of Patriotism and play for their home country.......especially if some of these jokers have become legalized U.S. citizens.
Maybey they come here to play their respective sport at the highest level against the best competition and not because of the better standard of living which in the case of Europe is actually a lower standard of living. From what your saying if someone from Pittsburgh moves to Cleveland because of their Job they should root for the Browns.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:50 PM   #19
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
The key phrase I see is "could" play for that country.
Someone like David Ortiz couldnt play for the USA he is a Domincan citizen. He comes to play in our league because it has the best competition in the world. And our league is better off for it.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
The key phrase I see is "could" play for that country. Which means they could play for the United States if they wanted too???
Again they want to make the big time money but don't want to show any appreciation for the country that provides them the lifestyle they more than likely wouldn't get in their home country.
I'm sure if Roger Clemens was making a Billion dollars playing for the team from Outer Monglolia he'd want to come back and play for the peasant U.S. team.
You can't make the comparison of NFL football as an International sport when the U.S. is the only country outside of Canada that plays for any type of championship.
Hey, at least the Mexican fans didn't boo our national anthem this year. In soccer they boo us every time our two teams meet up. Last year they chanted something pertaining to Osama Bin Laden in a positive light. Nice huh?

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-18-2006 at 08:50 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote