Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-22-2006, 06:10 PM   #31
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: WVU in the National Title Race???

Actually, the problem lies in the computer rankings. I think this has happened to Boise and BYU before, where they go undefeated, but since they have such a cupcake schedule, they don't earn enough points to play their way into the BCS games, let alone the national championship.

The way to address this for teams from conferences like the Big East is to man up like the Texas' and OSU's, and schedule legitimate BCS contending teams with early season openings instead of scheduling Middle Eastern Central State for tune-up games.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #32
louisvillecards
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 998

dont forget your little stop by our house louisvillecards thinks your counting your victories before they hatch i dont think running the table is in the cards for ya if you get what im saying
louisvillecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #33
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

As a former WVU student, I follow the team fairly regularly - they do look strong this season, no doubt. But I don't like all of this national championship talk - they aren't on that level yet. Let's face it, the Big East may as well be the SWAC when it comes to football - the only thing that makes them relevant is the BCS automatic bid. It was nice to see them beat Georgia last year, but don't expect that to happen again this year.

As for switching conferences, doesn't the SEC already have 12 teams? If the spot opens up, though, they should take it without any hesitation. Big conference + big exposure = better recruits.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:40 PM   #34
WV-SteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfactor8 View Post
This isn't about if WVU deserves it.

The "argument" should be about if they WILL! IF they're one of only two undefeated tems left at the end of the season, I believe (just my opinion) that they WILL be in the championship game, deserving it or not.That's just the way the system works. Fans may not like the BCS system, but, it's what's in place now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
You usually don't drop unless you lose or dropping you fits the voter's agenda.

P.S. - I've heard/read more "con" BCS than "pro"...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #35
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I believe that WVU will win, well..., maybe all their games... but the reason is... is because who are they gonna play? The Big East aint nothing anymore and the BCS needs to get out of connection with that conference champion being in the BCS automatically. Pitt aint as good as they used to be and who else is there to play?
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #36
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Agree with Suit. There could be four or five teams at the top with one loss at the end. The coaches poll might not give them the leg they need. And OSU, Auburn and USC could run the table and be unbeaten - maybe. ND will have a loss or even two since they go into LA to play SC.

I like WVU's coach and team but I'm not convinced today that they are in the Top 4 and the schedule won't help to make their case.

But all that can change with Pitt's and Louisville's success. Overall there are too many weak schedules out there...lead by FSU.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #37
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I believe that WVU will win, well..., maybe all their games... but the reason is... is because who are they gonna play? The Big East aint nothing anymore and the BCS needs to get out of connection with that conference champion being in the BCS automatically. Pitt aint as good as they used to be and who else is there to play?
the terps thats who!!!.......thier gonna kick some eer ass tonight!!!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #38
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityJeremy View Post
This would be the first big game the Turtles have won in two years.

I just don't see that happening. NC State all over again.
lol...i was joking dude. i know they don't have a chance in hell, but i'm still a terp fan. i wouldn't care if they lost every other game as long as they beat the eers.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #39
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
They have a chance, don't think that all is lost.

But I have to wonder how much longer the alums are going to wait for the Fridge to right the ship. Rumors are thar backwater inquiries have already been made about Larry Johnson's avaliability at Penn State.
i realize upsets happen, but it sure won't be md beating wv,it will be wv,beating wv.

i don't think its fridges fault. its the recruiting and lack of talent. and as soon as they get a little talent ,they leave for the nfl. (vernon davis,jaquel jackson) they've got the same problems as the basketball program.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #40
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
The HC has to be the guy to take the fall for recruiting. Last year, Penn State walked into Md and got Antonio Logan-El, AJ Wallace, and a host of other while the Terps just sat back and watched.

You have to recruit your own state or your screwed.
it's the damn alumni's fault!!! apparently their not offering nice enough houses and cars to these high school kids!!!
seriously though...if you were a highly recruited player and were approached by a nationally ranked, winning tradition history team, and the terps,who you gonna pick?
success breeds success (see duke basketball) in the ncaa and md football doesn't have a history of success.right now their barely beating division 2 schools!!!