Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Confused
Default Looking ahead,Saints @ home!

Looks like we will be visiting a pissed off/embarassed Saints team out to prove they are still elite,chime in!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Re: Looking ahead,Saints @ home!

I am already worried about this game and the season. I think the D is over-rated right now. And now, with the loss of Smith and Troy's less than stellar play, I am concerned that they will get exposed in prime time. You know the Saints are going to bring their best for the prime time audience at home. Going forward, I think it's going to be the offense that has to carry the day. I believe that we haven't see the last of the injuries also and suspect that this aging defense will continue to wear down. There's no doubt, this is the biggest game of the year for the Steelers.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Am I the only one who thought McCoy played really well against us. His receivers were more deficient thankfully. Dude went up against the Godfather Dick LeBeau and he had his moments.

Were the Saints looking forward? Is the absence of Reggie Bush a factor? I tend to think no.

It was only a matter of time until the Injury Gods struck us. Way better at 5-1 vs. 3-3 or worse. Halloween. Monday Night. This is an Anything Can Happen game. I'd like to see Mendenhall get more action ala Reggie Bush in this game. Give him the ball in space.

All things considered Max Starks is proving that he is worth every penny. Just a few short years ago the future of the o-line was as bright as Las Vegas housing. Today Las Vegas housing is still crumbling and yet Max Starks added a ring to his finger and is pulling considerable weight. And Kemo? They are battling and they have heart. And this is after Russ Grimm left town. Hmmmmm.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

I'm not too confident of our pass defense - we got burned by a rookie last week and Henne was having his way for a good part of the game. I can only imagine how pissed off Brees is with how he played yesterday - he's looking for blood and is going to try and shred the Steelers - all he has to do is look at the last 2 games we played: he's going to be throwing alot of passes down the middle to wide-open receivers. It's a mistake not pressuring him - we seem to lay off the blitz, and wind up giving the QB too much time to throw and they shred us because of it. Can't do that against Brees. Hopefully LeBeau will come up with a good game plan and make good adjustments during the game.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,158 Times in 2,349 Posts
My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
Am I the only one who thought McCoy played really well against us.
He played a lot better against us than he did in New Orleans where he only passed for 74 yards. The Browns capitalized on Saints' turnovers yesterday to win them the game.

I'm ambivalent about this week's game against the Saints. I think we can beat them, but after the very ugly game we had yesterday, I have concerns.
Lady Steel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

The Saints are a scary team and are still a very good passing team. The Steelers will be exposed next sunday night I am afraid. Our LB's are getting absolutely No Pressure on the opposing QB's and thats gonna kill us vs Brees.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,867 Times in 2,905 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

it's not like the saints been impressive this year. don't count us out just yet

losing aaron smith does have me extremely concerned though. last year was proof that he was someone we can ill afford to lose, hopefully ziggy can step up
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489

4 interceptions vs. the Browns? We as fans need to be confident in our team no matter what. Let the team itself be humble and take some pride. We have the best defense in the NFL and a very good looking offense with a very good runningback and big-play potential, especially in Wallace. When something suffers another part of the team steps up their game. We may not have the most talent but add the emotianal trump card that is heart and I believe we are the best team in history. Homerism... maybe, but it is well-credited.
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #9
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489

Oh I am talking about Brees there if I confused anyone with the 4 interceptions comment.
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
bornnraisedwhodat
Water Boy

Member Number: 16760

As a Saints fan I am not looking forward to this game after what just happened to us Sunday. We got outcoached and outplayed by the freakin Browns!! Steelers are looking like the class of the league right now and Im hoping the Saints can get their act together by Sunday but its a stretch. We have some fundamental problems that need cleaning up i.e. penalties, mental mistakes, and on top of that we got injuries. 3 of our starting CB;s are out and I think we might get 1 back by the time we play u guys. Reggie might play but I doubt he gets much playing time. Pierre Thomas looks like he will be out a few more weeks. Our defense is not producing Turnovers like last year and our offensive line has not played well, and when they dont play well Drew does not play well.

Well, heres to a good game folks. May the better team win!!
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote