Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Human right's abuses done in the name of God

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...104557274.html

Well China aint all that great either MOP
Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
China doesn't discriminate against woman anyway.
You're kidding right?

I know these aren't in the name of God...they're in the name of Communism. But that shit has always pissed me off. Besides, religion, when it is in control of a nation, isn't in the name of any god or greater good. It is just another tool to control the people.

Quote:
Eight months pregnant Chinese woman forced to have an abortion for breaking one child per family law
October 21, 2010 07:58 PM EDT

Xiao Aiying, an eight months pregnant woman from China, was dragged from her home on October 10 and forced to have an abortion for breaking the one child per family law.

Twelve government officials kicked down the door to Aiying's house and repeatedly kicked her in the stomach and punched her before dragging her out kicking and screaming. She was taken to a hospital where she was given a lethal injection that killed her unborn baby.

Aiying's husband, Luo Yanquan, expressed how he felt when the government broke down their door. "They held her hands behind her back and pushed her head against the wall and kicked her in the stomach,"he said. "I don’t know if they were trying to give her a miscarriage. Our ten-year-old daughter has been excited about having a little brother or sister but I don’t know how I can explain to her what has happened."

Aiying, who was filmed in the hospital with very large, dark bruises on her arms and her dead baby still inside her, said: "I have had this baby, feeling it moving around and around my belly. Can you imagine how I feel now?"

Most Chinese families are allowed only one child in an attempt to reduce the 1.3 billion-plus population that is pulling on unsustainable resources.

The one child per family policy leads to an estimated 13 million abortions every year. Many of the abortions are ordered by local authorities who go in and take the women to the hospital forcefully. Infanticide is also widespread in many rural areas.

This is a horrible story. China's attempt to control their population is understandable, however, killing innocent children is not at all humane. Having an abortion at such a late stage in the pregnancy is traumatizing for the mother and the rest of her family. How does China expect these women to go on with their lives when they have been so tragically abused by the system? Something needs to be done before the Chinese governmet starts killing adults to curb the population as well.
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.a...81474978622685

Quote:
However, when women's rights or interests conflict with Party or government policy, the latter takes precedence. This means, for example, that abuses related to the family planning policy are not reported in the media or discussed publicly. Information about other issues, such as the extent of domestic violence, trafficking in women or abuses directed at lesbians, is effectively prevented by the CCP's injunction that most news should be positive. Thus, the controls on freedom of expression and association, which so affect democracy and human rights activists, have a strong impact on women's human rights as well.

Violence Against Women: According to some researchers, spousal abuse is far too common and, in many parts of the country, still socially acceptable. However, comprehensive statistics about the extent of domestic violence are not available or have not been made public. The official All-China Women's Federation (ACWF) has been studying this problem and seeking solutions.

Few battered women have the opportunity to escape abuse, because shelters and other resources are not available. Women are under considerable social pressure to keep families together regardless of the circumstances. Legal action is not taken against batterers unless the victim initiates it, and if she withdraws her testimony, the proceedings are ended.
more here...http://www.christusrex.org/www1/sdc/hr_facts.html#Woman

Quote:
notably the two most populous countries on earth, China and India. In all cases, specifically female infanticide reflects the low status accorded to women in most parts of the world; it is arguably the most brutal and destructive manifestation of the anti-female bias that pervades "patriarchal" societies. It is closely linked to the phenomena of sex-selective abortion, which targets female fetuses almost exclusively, and neglect of girl children.
http://www.gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html

Quote:
With the availability of ultrasound and enforcement of the one child policy, China has an unnatural ratio of about 118 males to 100 females due to a half a million sex-specific abortions every year. The reasoning follows since males still have the greatest earning power in the workforce. With these earnings, and a decrease in available females, the abduction and sale of teenage girls is on the rise. Human Rights groups estimate hundreds of thousands of girls have been sold into prostitution and $500 mail-order brides since the economic boom of the late 1980s.
http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/ess...nchinap2kk.htm

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 10-26-2010 at 06:26 PM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #13
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
As a godless heathen who grew up in the South. I support this message.

I'm still a little butthurt someone stole half of my pecker though... I might have wanted that!
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,405 Posts

[YOUTUBE]G_ZWTx-QUj4 [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

documentary

[YOUTUBE]fTv6ZDRyqe8 [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
You're kidding right?

I know these aren't in the name of God...they're in the name of Communism. But that shit has always pissed me off. Besides, religion, when it is in control of a nation, isn't in the name of any god or greater good. It is just another tool to control the people.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.a...81474978622685

more here...http://www.christusrex.org/www1/sdc/hr_facts.html#Woman

http://www.gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html

http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/ess...nchinap2kk.htm
Thanks for the input. We can make this just a human rights abuse thread, I'm ok with that.

This world can be such a f'd up place.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

wow ...cutting peoples heads off in saudi, is considered a profession ....

[YOUTUBE]UxmBp23W6nc [/YOUTUBE]

Old 10-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #18
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

[YOUTUBE]1184h0MXfdU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WVSE3VyjhvQ[/YOUTUBE]

Only posting it, because I feel the debate is relevant to the topic. Curious to see what you guys think of it.
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,175 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
China doesn't discriminate against woman anyway.
dont they kill off female fetuses in population control efforts?

EDIT- oops... SCM already covered this one.

and its just not in china. i believe infanticide is popular in india as well (considering the drowrys that are betrothed upon marriage).
Old 10-27-2010, 12:10 AM   #20
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
dont they kill off female fetuses in population control efforts?

EDIT- oops... SCM already covered this one.

and its just not in china. i believe infanticide is popular in india as well (considering the drowrys that are betrothed upon marriage).
Yes, it's very popular in India as well...it's just they at least have a law against it (albeit a law that is rarely enforced).

China encourages this shit, and sends its own personnel out to bring these women in to have forced abortions.

I couldn't believe that first story when I read it though. I know that Saudi, Iraq, Iran etc. treat women like shit (and I'm in no way condoning it)...but busting into an 8 month pregnant womans house, slamming her up against a wall, kicking her in the stomach and then taking her to the hospital to give the baby a lethal injection 'just to be sure' makes my stomach turn. I really feel for the women in many parts of the world, but that just hit me exceptionally hard.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote