Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Woodley, Adams both full participants in practice

Woodley, Adams both full participants in practice
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_706642.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 29, 2010

The Steelers got some good news on the injury front Thursday as outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley and right tackle Flozell Adams were full participants in practice.

Neither Woodley (hamstring) nor Adams (ankle) practiced Wednesday.

Barring any setbacks, the two should play Sunday in New Orleans.

The Steelers may limit Woodley's snaps against the Saints because of the nature of his injury and the depth they have at linebacker.

Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons is versatile enough to play outside if the Steelers want to spell Woodley, and Larry Foote can play in Timmons' spot.

The fumble Emmanuel Sanders lost during the opening kickoff last Sunday in Miami is apparently still weighing heavily on him. The rookie wide receiver walked around the Steelers' practice facility yesterday with a football tucked against his right shoulder. It was reminiscent of when the veteran players had Rashard Mendenhall carry around a football during his rookie preseason in 2008 because of fumbling issues. Sanders said he took the initiative to do the same thing yesterday. "I've been telling myself that can't happen again," Sanders said of the fumble.

Saints running backs Reggie Bush (leg) and Pierre Thomas (ankle), who have not practiced this week because of injuries, are not expected to play against the Steelers. Center Jonathan Goodwin (groin), linebacker Scott Shanle (hamstring) and cornerbacks Jabari Greer (shoulder) and Tracy Porter (knee) were limited participants in practice yesterday.

Defensive end Ziggy Hood, who is in line to make his first NFL start in New Orleans, received a vote of confidence from Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau. "I think he'll play well," LeBeau said.

LeBeau on injured defensive end Aaron Smith: "He's one tough son of a gun, and he'll get back quicker than most people would. It's one of the downsides of this business, seeing people you love get injured. But it happens to every team. Aaron will triumph in the end."

Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward got into the Halloween spirit yesterday as he wore a wig with long black hair during the first of two open locker room sessions. "Troy (Polamalu) lent me his Head & Shoulders (shampoo) overnight, and it works," Ward joked. "I don't know how he does it because the hair keeps getting in my face every time I run."

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Woodley, Adams both full participants in practice

I hope Ben walks around with a football too - he had 3 fumbles
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote