Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396
Default Foreskin fan talks crap...

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15982

ExtremeSkins Fan View: Cap Hell Rocks!
By Arthur Mills
ExtremeSkins.com
March 16, 2006

Don't hate us because we're beautiful.

No more blank, wondering stares, confused head scratching, frothing emotional outbursts, conspiracy theories or embarrassing, dismissive references to 2000. The Washington Redskins are the central theme of every NFL team message board out there. Here's a message to you all from all ExtremeSkins fans everywhere.

It's time to embrace the reality of it all. Simply, we're better than you.

That's it. Look no further. We are better than you. We're more fun. It feels better to be us. We've got flair. We're audacious, capricious, bodacious, supercalifragilisticxpalidocious.

Are you finally getting it?

Yes, yes, I know cap hell was supposed to be upon us. I know that's what you've been told. I feel for you, I really do. As you come to realize we're better than you, a second bit of stark reality must also penetrate. We're smarter than them.

Repeat after me.

The Washington Redskins are managed, coached and owned by highly professional people who know more about running a football franchise than ALL the unnamed, anonymous sources any reporter has yanked from the broom closet and quoted.

Don't take my word for it. Take the following words for it.

Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El, Adam Archuleta, Andre Carter, Todd Collins, Christian Fauria.

The question you all should be asking isn't, "How is all this possible?" No. The question should be, "How didn't we know this was all possible?"

Six years of assurances cap hell was on the way and you still allowed yourself to believe the tripe. Perhaps busting the cap hell myth as it relates to the Washington Redskins is just too painful a thing for media and fans of other teams to do.

Like a child coming to the harsh knowledge Santa doesn't exist, the media and opposing teams' fans are struggling desperately to hang on to the fiction that cap hell is on the way for the Redskins despite--literally--YEARS of demonstrated contrary evidence.

Here's the best part.

You don't have to hate us for what we're doing. You can do it, too.

"The thing I want to emphasize is this: We haven't done one thing that anybody else can't do," Joe Gibbs said after the introductory press conference for Andre Carter. "We have certain rules in the league. Here's the cap, here's the numbers, here's what you can spend, so everybody in the league can do what we're doing, it's just that they choose not to, many of them."

Deep down, this is really the issue, isn't it? You can do it too and you know it, but, your team doesn't do it, so, you have a hard choice. Hate your team, or hate us.

Say you're a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles. You always have all those many millions available, which somehow never seem to get spent. All week you're hearing how you have LeCharles Bentley locked up as your free agent masterstroke to solidify your offensive line.

You are giddy. You're thrilled. You know this is the guy you need. He fills a need and makes it a strength. You're excited about the prospects of adding such a substantial piece. Then, the Cleveland Browns call, offer a few more bucks to Bentley and Bentley winds up in Cleveland leaving you with nothing more than whimpering excuses that Bentley is from Cleveland and always wanted to play there.

Oh, hush.

Antwaan Randle El is from Chicago. He's always wanted to play there. Yet he's playing in D.C. Adam Archuleta admits he adores Lovie Smith after years playing for him with St. Louis and wanted to play with him in Chicago. Yet he's playing in D.C. Andre Carter just had to meet the Broncos because his father played there 12 years and he envisioned being the second generation of his family with the team. Yet he's playing in D.C.

And it's driving you crazy because you were so excited and thrilled about the prospects of adding a good player your management and owner can't figure out how to land while we get EVERY single player we shoot at.

We get to actually live the thrill and giddiness you only get to brush up against. And it's killing you.

Did we pay a premium for generally young players entering their prime with years left to play in the NFL? You bet we did. Kind of like when the Eagles lock up their own young players for a premium before they really emerge on the scene and everyone calls that genius. Think of it like that, only, with the component of actually being smart because an expensive 24-year-old promising receiver suddenly becomes a very cheap 26-year-old receiver when he grabs 80 balls.

See, we already had good players under contract. Now we have more.

As you struggle to find words to describe the coming cap doom heading our way, try to process one final thought. When you have that free agent you need all lined up and you don't get him, well, isn't that really what cap hell feels like?

I wouldn't know, because I don't ever have to feel that way
__________________________________________________ _____________________

klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901
Default Re: Foreskin fan talks crap...

I could throw money at a piece of sh*t, but that wouldn't turn it into gold would it?

You can't buy a championship.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

This is to the Redskins Fans Who Think They're All That When They're Not

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
I could throw money at a piece of sh*t, but that wouldn't turn it into gold would it?

You can't buy a championship.
Didn't Steinbrenner buy more than a few World Series titles? Granted it's way more difficult to do in the NFL though.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

I meant in the NFL you can't. That's why I love the cap..... And hate Baseball.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
"...We haven't done one thing that anybody else can't do," Joe Gibbs said...
And that's something to be proud of?
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #7
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

I guess theres only one response....

You sucked...you still suck...

Oh yeah...too bad they forgot that one little unimportant position...

Quarterback

Last edited by BlackNGold203; 03-19-2006 at 08:19 PM.
BlackNGold203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #8
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81
http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15982

ExtremeSkins Fan View: Cap Hell Rocks!
By Arthur Mills
ExtremeSkins.com
March 16, 2006

"The thing I want to emphasize is this: We haven't done one thing that anybody else can't do," Joe Gibbs said after the introductory press conference for Andre Carter.
Well, well, well, Mr. Joe Gibbs. You didn't win Super Bowl XL, did you? The Pittsburgh Steelers are the reigning Super Bowl Champions, and will remain so until the timeclock during next year's Super Bowl reaches 0.00! But here's a lil something for you to do in the meantime... Go buy Tony Stewart a new attitude! He's very much in need of one, poor slob that he is.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

And the Deadskins will fall flat on their faces again this year.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I think the post does bring up some valid points amongst the overall childish feeling to it. Most fans get frustrated when there team is percieved to be tight with money in the free agency - the Eagles are a good example of a team that alwys has an abundance of cap room and then always seems to fall just short.

I dont agree with the overboard way in which the Redskins go crazy every year in FA - I dont imagine it makes for a very settled locker room to have those highly paid new faces turning up every year.

The Patriots are the flip side to the redskins coin - they seem determined to stick to their ethic of not paying big money for FA's - either from other teams or resigning our own.

Having said that I think we keep the most essential ingredients in the pot for the next year - Brady, Seymour, Bruschi to name three.

Speaking of which...isn't it time RS signed a new contract for us?

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote