Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
silver2000svt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2164
Default Re: I know a lot of you want to pick up PSU's Robinson

If any of you guys saw Smit play, you would see he is the perfect slash role for us...

2005 OUTLOOK

One of the most exciting players in college football who will return for his final season in a Tiger uniform with the chance to become one of the most prolific players in NCAA history ... A true testament to the term student-athlete, he received his bachelor's degree in business administration in May of 2005, and will be taking graduate level courses in 2005-06 ... Is the NCAA's active career leader in total offense, with his 9,483 yards of total offense entering his senior season ... Next most behind him is senior QB Steven Jyles of Louisiana-Monroe, with 7,563 yards ... Ranks 2nd in the NCAA active career leaders in TDs responsible for, with 73, and trails only senior QB and 2004 Heisman Trophy winner Matt Leinart of USC (75) ... Can tie an NCAA total offense record if he gains 3,000 yards this season, then he will join five others (Ty Detmer of BYU; Chad Pennington of Marshall; Tim Rattay of Louisiana Tech; Kliff Kingsbury of Texas Tech and Timmy Chang of Hawaii) as the only players in Division I-A history to have 3 years of 3,000 yards or more in total offense ... With just 2,500 yards of offense, will become only the 3rd player in D-I history to have 4 years of 2,500 yards of total offense (Antwaan Randle El of Indiana; Timmy Chang of Hawaii) ... Needs just 12 yards rushing to reach 3,000 for his career, and that would make him only the 5th player in NCAA D-I history to have 3,000 yards passing and rushing ... Also needs just 505 passing yards and 512 rushing yards to become only the 3rd player in NCAA D-I history to throw for 7,000 yards and rush for 3,500 yards (Antwaan Randle El of Indiana; Joshua Cribbs of Kent State) ... Needs just 22 points scored to reach 200 for his career, which would make him only the 4th player in NCAA D-I history to throw for 200 points and score 200 points in a career (Rick Leach of Michigan; Antwaan Randle El of Indiana; Joshua Cribbs of Kent State) ... Stands 907 rushing yards shy of Antwaan Randle El's NCAA D-I career rushing record for QBs (3,895) ... Enters the 2005 season ranked 10th alltime in rushing yards for a QB, with 2,988 yards ... Also begins 2005 ranked 53rd in NCAA D-I history in total offense (9,483 yards), and if he reached his three-year average of 3,161 in 2005, he'd end up with 12,644 yards, which would put him 5th alltime ... Needs 2,781 yards of total offense to break the Big 12 record of 12,263 by Texas Tech's Kliff Kingsbury (1999-2002) ... Also needs just 447 rushing yards to break the Big 12 QB rushing record of 3,434 by Nebraska's Eric Crouch (1998-2001) ... After just three seasons, has already broken the MU career records for total offense, and passing TDs (43), and needs just 464 passing yards to break passing record of 6,959 held by Jeff Handy (1991-94) and just 211 rushing yards to break rushing record of 3,198 by Zack Abron (2000-03).

College
After being redshirted in 2001 he became the four-year starter (never missing a start) for the Tigers of Mizzou. His redshirt freshman year he established himself as one of the elite quaterbacks in college football becoming only the second player in Division 1-A football history to ever pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000. He received numerous national and Big 12 Conference freshman honors, leading the Tigers to a 5-7 record. His sophomore year he led Mizzou to an 8-5 record and their first bowl game since 1998. In 2004 the Tigers went a disappointing 5-6 after beginning the season ranked number 17 by the Associated Press. His senior year he led the Tigers to a 7-5 record and his second Independence Bowl in three years and the first Mizzou bowl victory in 7 years.

Currently Brad is in the Business School at Mizzou working on his graduate degree in Business Administration. He received his business degree from Mizzou in May 2005.

Smith has set numerous Missouri, Big 12, and Division 1-A records. In his junior season, he was considered a preseason Heisman candidate by many, but Mizzou and Brad did not live up to expectations, achieving only a 5-6 record.

Brad is a leader on and off the field. He exceled in the classroom, and has been named to the Big 12 All-Academic Team. He participated in the Mike Jones Football Clinic, Chancellor's Lunch, Big Brothers and Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Food Drive, Truman Club and Athletes-in-Action, among others.

Accomplishments
All-time division 1-A leader for rushing by a quaterback
First player in division 1-A history to pass for 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 yards in career
First player in division 1-A history to pass for 2,000 yards and run for 1,000 yards in a season twice in a career
Second player in division 1-A history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards in a season
Fourth player in division 1-A history to score 200 points and pass for 200 points in a career
Sixth player in division 1-A history to pass for 200 yards and rush for 200 yards in a single game (vs. Nebraska on October 22, 2005)
Most rushing yards in division 1-A history by a freshman quaterback
Holds school record for:
career rushing yards
career touchdown passes
career total yards
career total points scored
most points in a game (30) and most touchdowns (5) (vs. Texas Tech on October 25, 2003)
Holds 59 different MU, Big 12 and NCAA game, season and career records (as of 12/2005)
2006 Hula Bowl MVP
[edit]
Honors
2002 1st-Team Freshman All-American by FWAA, The Sporting News, College Football News, and Rivals.com
2002 Honorable Mention All-American by CNNSI.com, College Football News
2002 and 2003 honorable mention All-Big 12 by AP
2002 and 2004 Honorable Mention All-Big 12 by coaches
2003 4th-Team All-American by College Sports Report
2003 3rd-Team All-Big 12 by coaches
2005 Draddy Trophy finalist
silver2000svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #12
schoondog
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1985

thank you for wasting my time with all that useless information.
schoondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:50 AM   #13
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

I like Robinson. He's multi-talented on the field. Strong, fast and tough. I've always hated his accuracy but he's nothing like Kordell Stewart as someone mentioned in this thread. Robinson rarely threw to the wrong area of the field or to the wrong man as Kordell did. They're nothing alike. Robinson has good decision making skills, he's just not accurate enough to throw a catchable pass.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:34 AM   #14
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit
I like Robinson. He's multi-talented on the field. Strong, fast and tough. I've always hated his accuracy but he's nothing like Kordell Stewart as someone mentioned in this thread. Robinson rarely threw to the wrong area of the field or to the wrong man as Kordell did. They're nothing alike. Robinson has good decision making skills, he's just not accurate enough to throw a catchable pass.
How can someone not be accurate enough to throw a catchable pass yet also 'rarely throw to the wrong area of the field'?

Its got to be one or the other, or maybe he doesn't throw at all?

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #15
silver2000svt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoondog
thank you for wasting my time with all that useless information.
Someone asked, so you can shut up and move along...
silver2000svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #16
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

lol will be interesting to see if Wiz wants to bring someone in that cna fill that role or not.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #17
schoondog
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver2000svt
Someone asked, so you can shut up and move along...
did somebodys feelings get hurt and who asked for smiths stats? i didn't see anyone asking.

If any of you guys saw Smit play, you would see he is the perfect slash role for us..." I would of loved to have seen him play last year but apparently Missouri was to chicken to play us and backed out of the contract

Last edited by schoondog; 03-21-2006 at 11:48 PM.
schoondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:42 AM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoondog
did somebodys feelings get hurt and who asked for smiths stats? i didn't see anyone asking.

If any of you guys saw Smit play, you would see he is the perfect slash role for us..." I would of loved to have seen him play last year but apparently Missouri was to chicken to play us and backed out of the contract
I dont think anybody feels that they have to wait for permission to post on a certain subject.

The theme of the thread is a slash type QB, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to post some stats and info on another QB of that genre.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:05 AM   #19
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well according to The Sporting News the Steelers went to look at Robinson's workout (including Cowher) so we know they are interested at least.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:03 AM   #20
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
How can someone not be accurate enough to throw a catchable pass yet also 'rarely throw to the wrong area of the field'?

Its got to be one or the other, or maybe he doesn't throw at all?

NM
Well he could quite simply throw the ball at the receivers feet, throw the ball over the head of the receiver and out of bounds. There's a variety of ways to be inaccurate without throwing interceptions. From my experiences of watching college football, I see receivers uncovered on numerous plays. A QB can make the right decision and throw towards the open receiver but he still has to be accurate enough to make the pass catchable. Robinson typically makes the right decision and throws to the open man but the pass isn't catchable as oten as it should be or it requires a spectacular effort from the receiver to make the catch. That's all that I'm saying, it doesn't have to be one way or the other as you indicated.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote