Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,288 Times in 1,824 Posts
Default Soprano fans

i found this site with all the soprano episodes. i canceled my hbo subscription after the 4th season so i was thrilled to find all the ones i missed. i was up till 8 o'clock this mourning watching season 5 .

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info...d=shows&page=1

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044
Default Re: Soprano fans

Sweet. I have a bunch of sites bookmarked with Sopranos episodes on them. But half the time the links are bad. I've seen every episode at least 3 times.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

how disappointed were you with the ending ? i originally thought they were leaving it open for a movie , but i'd think it would have done by now.
what got me thinking about the soprano's was jonny sac's wife on the show died.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

I think I was one of the few who wasn't really disappointed at all. I wish it was still on, because I don't watch much tv and that was a great f*cking show. But I when I really thought about it, that ending was better than Tony getting whacked, going to jail, etc.

I think the idea was to leave it open for the possibility of a movie, but I just don't know if it would translate well to the big screen. Christopher's already dead, Silvio might as well be, etc. What more could they really do?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
I think I was one of the few who wasn't really disappointed at all. I wish it was still on, because I don't watch much tv and that was a great f*cking show. But I when I really thought about it, that ending was better than Tony getting whacked, going to jail, etc.

I think the idea was to leave it open for the possibility of a movie, but I just don't know if it would translate well to the big screen. Christopher's already dead, Silvio might as well be, etc. What more could they really do?
it just gave me the impression that someone hit a telephone pole and the cable went out. they could have at least faded out or something rather than an abrupt blackout.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
it just gave me the impression that someone hit a telephone pole and the cable went out. they could have at least faded out or something rather than an abrupt blackout.
I think they went for shock value. I missed the final episode when it first aired, so I knew what to expect by the time I watched it.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
I think they went for shock value. I missed the final episode when it first aired, so I knew what to expect by the time I watched it.
i'd say the only shock value was people thinking something was wrong with their tv's.
then of course it was followed by , WTF ?
it would have been just as effective if they had shown somebody recognizable in the place , maybe a rival family member or an agent , then cut it off after tony spots them.
i really didn't get the time spent on medow parking.
the other day was also my first seeing the episode , and off course i knew what was coming , but i expected it to still be a bit more dramatic.
i read a bunch of comments on it, and i'd say 95% of people were pretty disappointed with the ending , so chase screwed up , unless his goal was to disappoint his audience.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'd say the only shock value was people thinking something was wrong with their tv's.
then of course it was followed by , WTF ?
it would have been just as effective if they had shown somebody recognizable in the place , maybe a rival family member or an agent , then cut it off after tony spots them.
i really didn't get the time spent on medow parking.
the other day was also my first seeing the episode , and off course i knew what was coming , but i expected it to still be a bit more dramatic.
i read a bunch of comments on it, and i'd say 95% of people were pretty disappointed with the ending , so chase screwed up , unless his goal was to disappoint his audience.
I think if you buy the idea that Tony got whacked, then Meadow makes sense. She was spared. If they were going for a deeper meaning or whatever, maybe it's because she was really the only innocent one in the family. AJ was a screwup, and Carmela enjoyed all the benefits of Tony's criminal life. Meadow was innocent. And hot.

A couple episodes before the final one, Tony and Bobby have a conversation in a boat about dying or getting shot. One of them says he doesn't think you hear it. It just happens, and goes black, or something like that. So maybe that's what the ending was.

Damn I miss that show.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

obviously he was trying to set the stage and the thought that a wack was coming , by showing the random people in the place. especially with the guy that went into the bathroom. but i think he could have done it better with a different ending.
since he spent so much of the scene on medow's parking and being late , why not end the scene on her ? maybe have her enter the restaurant with maybe a look of surprise or something ,

why did they end the show after only 6 seasons ?

Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #10
benny
Water Boy

Member Number: 17084

bought the box set last week gonna go through the episodes and each series when i get a chance great show though
benny is offline   Reply With Quote