Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Randy Moss a Steeler?

Hope not and I don't think there's any chance the Steelers would take that road.
Boy, the Pats look pretty smart right now. They trade him away for practically nothing and he doesn't last but 2 games with his new team before they dump him.

If you ask me the Steelers are looking that way with Santonio so far also. He hasn't done much in 3 games with the Jets.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
fred
Water Boy

Member Number: 7127
Default Re: Randy Moss a Steeler?

No way........Moss takes too many plays off........watch him run his routes......that one pass that Farve launched his way................the GREAT ones would've layed out for it......he WAS once one of the best at one time.....
Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

The Steelers are only interested in veteran players who are past their prime and come cheap. Randy Moss could have a spotless record on and off the field and they'd still never make a play for him.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

How do you figure they dumped him? Holy shit they waived him
Old 11-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

NFLN: Vikings waive Randy Moss less than one month after trade from Patriots
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...rom-patriots/1

The second Randy Moss era in Minnesota didn't even last a month.

The NFL Network reported that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday, one day after he criticized head coach Brad Childress in a bizarre news conference following a 28-18 loss in New England.

The Vikings, who acquired Moss from the Patriots for a third-round pick on Oct. 6, are the second team to move on from Moss this season.

Moss, who is set to become a free agent after the season, would have to clear waivers before he becomes a free agent.

Moss played in four games for the Vikings and caught 13 passes for 174 yards and two TDs.

After Sunday's game, Moss spoke glowingly of his time in New England. "Man, I miss them guys, man. I miss the team," Moss said. "It was hard for me to come here and play.

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Monday he allowed Moss to remain in New England after the game to be with family. Moss had expressed frustration with how Vikings coaches applied his advice on how to attack the Patriots, but Childress defended their approach.

"I think we did a pretty good job of heeding it," Childress said.

Asked if he regretted acquiring Moss, Childress said, "Do I regret acquiring him? Not at present I don't, no."

-- Sean Leahy

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I think they did it because Moss attacked Vikings coaching staff on how they gameplanned for the Patriots.

I doubt he'll be a Steeler... I really don't know where he will end up...
Old 11-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,793 Times in 2,677 Posts

Wow - they did cut him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5752939

Vikings definitely taking a run at Dallas for most dysfunctional season - Dallas will lose more games but nobody brings the drama like Minnesota
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Shocking. If this isn't an indication that Brad Childress wants Brett Favre the hell out of Minnesota by the end of the season, I don't know what is.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Is there some unwritten rule that everytime a high profile player gets released we have to have an obligatory thread along the lines of "should they become a steeler?"

Goofiness of the question aside, anybody else notice how Moss totally could have caught the pass on the play that drew a PI? It was like he didn't even want to chase the ball, if he had laid his long arms out he would have had it pretty easily.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Kind of glad this whole thing is blowing up in their face up there in Minnesota. Personnel changes in the NFL are almost never instant gratification. It takes time for teams to gel and people to grow into their roles. Plugging a star in at a certain position and having a QB come right off the farm into week 1 without any practice time with the teams are 2 examples of things that usually just don't work. They got away with it last year, a bit lucky I think.

Don't teams see the Steeler Way is best? Yet so few copy the blueprint, and I'm happy about that. Draft well, don't overpay for free agents, let your young talent develop behing veterans, and discipline. Practice well, play well.
Closed Thread