Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Post Wk 8 Steelers Fever Power rankings

I think these rankings die because it is posted on the NFL board instead of the Steelers board (where it would get more participation). Only the die hard board fans come to the NFL board.

OK.

I'd like to get more participation. Even though I still intend the Power rankings to be top 15, if you only feel comfortable ranking your top 5, go head and do that.

Part of the fun of it is comparing your lists to your other posters.

These Power rankings are "Who is most likely to win the Super Bowl?"

Here is mine:

1. Pittsburgh -I hate BAs second down calls. The Steelers looked rusty but luckily for them the other contenders were not much better. (no change)
2. Indy - looking impressive (up 1)
3. NY Jets -they are showing their choke-ability...which could present itself come playoffs (down 1)
4. Baltimore - really expected their offense to be more dominant (no change)
5. NE - More human without Moss. Watch Moss return to them. (no change)
6. GB - beatable but still good. They fall flat sometimes (no change)
7. Atlanta - formidable (no change)
8. New Orleans -Nice win over Steelers to stop slide. (no change)
9. NY Giants -still with lots of mistakes last game (no change)
10. Tennessee -Tough loss. Fighters in a tough AFC (no change)
11. Philadelphia - Benefits from weak NFC (no change)
12. Tampa Bay -still not impressed. It was Arizona (up 1 spot)
13. Miami -They would be fine in the NFC (up 1 spot)
14. Houston -Indy exposed them (down 2 spots)
15. KC-It looks like they have a chance to make the playoffs with their easy schedule coming up but they will not win the Super bowl. (no change)
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Post Wk 8 Steelers Fever Power rankings

What happened to the NFC... The NFC team in the superbowl this year will be a 9-7 or 8-8 team.. Bucs and Falcons will finish with good records, but I doubt they can make it through the playoffs.
Funny how Patriots look terrible every game yet they have the best record in the NFL.. but a win is a win
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,135
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,480
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Post Wk 8 Steelers Fever Power rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I think these rankings die because it is posted on the NFL board instead of the Steelers board (where it would get more participation). Only the die hard board fans come to the NFL board.

OK.

I'd like to get more participation.
youre wrong. these rankings die because they are not that interesting and nobody wants to waste the time arguing with you.

despite what you'd "like" dont even think of posting this in a forum it doesnt belong.

if you dont get the response you'd like, either deal with it or move on. we have alot of posters who have left because they dont get the response they'd like from all the political vitrol and rhetoric that consumes their lives (that they feel compelled to post on a steelers board 2/7).

nobody misses them.

as for the rankings i notice SD is missing. sure they have a horrible record but they also play in a horrible division. while im not sure they will even make the playoffs they have as good a shot (and much better shot to win it all if they do) than miami, houston, KC, TB.

if we are gonna nitpick, a team from the nfc west will have a better shot of winning it all, than 3 of the teams listed (only 12 teams make the playoffs and SF, SEA, AZ, or STL will be 1)
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Post Wk 8 Steelers Fever Power rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
youre wrong. these rankings die because they are not that interesting and nobody wants to waste the time arguing with you.

despite what you'd "like" dont even think of posting this in a forum it doesnt belong.

if you dont get the response you'd like, either deal with it or move on. we have alot of posters who have left because they dont get the response they'd like from all the political vitrol and rhetoric that consumes their lives (that they feel compelled to post on a steelers board 2/7).

nobody misses them.

as for the rankings i notice SD is missing. sure they have a horrible record but they also play in a horrible division. while im not sure they will even make the playoffs they have as good a shot (and much better shot to win it all if they do) than miami, houston, KC, TB.

if we are gonna nitpick, a team from the nfc west will have a better shot of winning it all, than 3 of the teams listed (only 12 teams make the playoffs and SF, SEA, AZ, or STL will be 1)
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Just because you are moderator doesn't make your opinion more valid. I think it has low response due to the dead NFL board. Many posters don't come here. I have seen power rankings on the Steelers board get a lot of response. I have been faithfully posing here the whole time yet sometimes I see them on the Steelers board with a twist "Look where the Steelers are in power rankings" and they do quite well discussing all the teams.

Whatever Tony. I am an educated professional...not a kid... and I can have a different opinion. I can tell when I see Steelers board has 30-45 people viewing and NFL has 3-4 viewing (sometimes 0). I like the regulars on the Steelers board and not all of them come to the NFL board.

...trying to show off board power...lol I never threatened to post on the Steelers board so chillax Mr. moderator. You let it get to your head. It is just a message board. I come here to relax and enjoy talking about Steelers and the NFL...

SD stayed on my board a long time. They could potentially pop back but they would have to show they deserve it. Right now, I'm not sure they could dominate KC or even the Raiders with all their choking. Maybe VJ is what they need.
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Post Wk 8 Steelers Fever Power rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
What happened to the NFC... The NFC team in the superbowl this year will be a 9-7 or 8-8 team.. Bucs and Falcons will finish with good records, but I doubt they can make it through the playoffs.
Funny how Patriots look terrible every game yet they have the best record in the NFL.. but a win is a win
Back to fun and decent conversation with regular board members.

Yeah...IDK about the NFC. I really feel any team could get hot and pull it off to make the Superbowl. It wouldn't at all surprise me if Philly (with Vick and DJ back) or the Giants (if they can cut some of their mistakes) pulled it off.

The favorites GB, NO and Atlanta all seem vulnerable to me. It'll be one of those 5 though (to make the SB)
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts