Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts
Default Re: Adam Vinatieri a Colt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Another dumb post on this issue from a Steelers fan.
i can see where patfans would be a little on edge around this subject, after all, it is almost like the end of an era. kind of like if brady or belichick retiring or moving on.

it is not too "dumb" to think that vinatieri saw a team with a much better record, who advanced just as far into the playoffs as his beloved team, who very well couldve advanced into an overtime and a shot at the afc champ game with a player of his skills, and thought......"maybe ill make more $$$$ and have a better shot at winning with them".

like i said the deal aint done yet. pats still have a chance to step up to the plate and do the right thing.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #22
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i can see where patfans would be a little on edge around this subject, after all, it is almost like the end of an era. kind of like if brady or belichick retiring or moving on.

it is not too "dumb" to think that vinatieri saw a team with a much better record, who advanced just as far into the playoffs as his beloved team, who very well couldve advanced into an overtime and a shot at the afc champ game with a player of his skills, and thought......"maybe ill make more $$$$ and have a better shot at winning with them".

like i said the deal aint done yet. pats still have a chance to step up to the plate and do the right thing.
Even dumber.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #23
tony hipchest

Quote:
Even dumber.
youre probably right. i always did think vinatieri was nothing but a dumb jock with no TRUE skills. this move will definitely prove it. hes still got a chance to come to his senses and take that "winners discount".

but to put it into perspective, if i saw 15 $100 bills blowing in the wind and only caught 12 of them, i would atleast attempt to fetch the remaining 3.

kind of debunks the idea that all these patriots will accept veteran minimum to keep the dynasty alive.

he'll be back, dont worry.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #24
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
youre probably right. i always did think vinatieri was nothing but a dumb jock with no TRUE skills. this move will definitely prove it. hes still got a chance to come to his senses and take that "winners discount".

but to put it into perspective, if i saw 15 $100 bills blowing in the wind and only caught 12 of them, i would atleast attempt to fetch the remaining 3.

kind of debunks the idea that all these patriots will accept veteran minimum to keep the dynasty alive.

he'll be back, dont worry.
And dumber still......
Old 03-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #25
tony hipchest

Quote:
And dumber still......
yeah, that was dumb. he aint coming back.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #26
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Adam Vinatieri a Colt = hahahahahaha. The league's second highest revenue generating team is too cheap to sign the game's best clutch kicker. Pathetic. Good luck replacing AV.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:28 PM   #27
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Wasn't about the kicker at all. Peyton didn't like him, he got the boot. A move for team chemistry, nothing more.

AV has to be loving it, though.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:57 AM   #28
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66
Adam Vinatieri a Colt = hahahahahaha. The league's second highest revenue generating team is too cheap to sign the game's best clutch kicker. Pathetic. Good luck replacing AV.
The Patriots are 20 mil under the cap, and still have the games best clutch QB = hahahahaha
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 AM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

This is certainly interesting news - as far as I can tell it is a done deal and AV is a Colt.

Im afraid I wont be wishing him luck on this career move - the same as if Givens had gone to Miami instead of the Browns - the Colts are still contenders and genuine rivals, although I dont expect them to be as good this year as last year without the Edge.

AV is the best kicker the game has seen - bearing in mind he has played alot of his career in a cold weather outdoor environment his stats top anyone else - especially anyone who has made a career out of kicking in windless warm artificial domes.

I dont think we will be looking at Vanderjagt - too much money for a guy who can't kick the big one.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #30
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I dont think we will be looking at Vanderjagt - too much money for a guy who can't kick the big one.

NM
I agree. They may get their next kicker the same way they got Vinatieri, draft him.