Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #41
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: Adam Vinatieri a Colt

The rats are jumping ship. Reguardless of what kind of spin you put on it this is a huge loss. It was the lead story on the 6 o clock news this morning, and I don't mind telling you the natives up here are getting a little restless.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #42
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
The rats are jumping ship. Reguardless of what kind of spin you put on it this is a huge loss. It was the lead story on the 6 o clock news this morning, and I don't mind telling you the natives up here are getting a little restless.
Pure BS. The Patriots are just going about their business like they have over the past 6 years. They're not going to get emotional like the Celtics did when they kept McHale, Bird, and Parrish around long after they should have. They are looking down the road, which is exactly where you need to look.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #43
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Pure BS. The Patriots are just going about their business like they have over the past 6 years. They're not going to get emotional like the Celtics did when they kept McHale, Bird, and Parrish around long after they should have. They are looking down the road, which is exactly where you need to look.
You obviously weren't watching WBZ this morning. As for looking down the road I think I see another Lombardi Trophy.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #44
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
You obviously weren't watching WBZ this morning. As for looking down the road I think I see another Lombardi Trophy.
Yeah, WBZ in the morning is a great place to look when you want to learn how to run a football team. Keep watching.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #45
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Yeah, WBZ in the morning is a great place to look when you want to learn how to run a football team. Keep watching.
Just telling you that it wasn't "B.S." But I bet your a Fox 25 kind of guy. Nuff said.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #46
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Just telling you that it wasn't "B.S." But I bet your a Fox 25 kind of guy. Nuff said.
Lol, yeah sure, whatever the hell that means.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #47
hardwork
Banned

The Patriots franchised Vinatieri twice. No surprise Adam didn't like that. But, they weren't paying him chump change, and the CBA allows for franchising. I wish Adam well, except when he plays us, and thank him for the memories. Further, I hope for his sake he gets into the Hall of Fame. I think he deserves it.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,687 Posts

this just makes it imperative to keep doug "drop kick" flutie around for another year. atleast extra points will be covered.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:53 PM   #49
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,687 Posts

great local article on how "millions of people throughout new england felt" with vinatieri leaving to the colts:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=131613

and an exerpt:

"the difference between the money in Indy and Foxboro wound up being chump change against Bill Belichick’s salary cap and relative nickels against Bob Kraft’s bottom line. Perhaps the best clutch kicker in the history of the NFL and one of the most popular athletes Boston ever has known now is wearing enemy colors because the Pats refused to budge off their hard-line philosophy.

You can call Belichick and Scott Pioli consistent (although you’d be overrating that; more below). I call them stubborn, foolishly so in this case.

Vinatieri agreed to a multi-year deal that reportedly comes with a $3.5 million signing bonus and is worth $2.5 million a season over the first three years of the deal. When all the numbers are factored in, Vinatieri’s average annual cap value will fall in the $3 million range. The NFL salary cap will be $102 million in 2006 and $109 million in 2007. The Pats currently enjoy around $19 million in cap space. Kraft brings in over $250 million in revenue a year. We could run Vinatieri’s percentages for you, but you get the point.

It’s chicken feed."

bwock bwock

and another:

"But remember, their record of picking players has been more spotty than fans recognize. Last year’s haul - Chad Brown, Monty Beisel, David Terrell, Starks - is a good example. And if anyone can give me an explanation why Starks was worth $3.5 million but Vinatieri wasn’t, I want to hear it."

this articles loaded with them:

"But if the Pats are so bent on consistency, then how do you explain what happened with Corey Dillon last year? Entering the final year of his contract at a fair price of just over $3 million, the Pats felt the need to lavish a multi-year extension on the 31-year-old running back that guaranteed him $10 million over two years. The Pats then watched in horror as Dillon aged in front of their eyes."

"So how you feel about this move comes down to what you trust more: the judgment of Belichick and Pioli or the accuracy of Vinatieri’s right leg. They’re both pretty good, but if you run the numbers you’ll find the percentages favor Adam.

In the meantime, be sure to clean the puke off your shoes."

i can understand the steelers letting el go but this baffles me.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-22-2006 at 07:04 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #50
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I don't understand the Pats on this. Vini is one of the best kickers ever and a legend in New England. Pay the guy and let him play out his career as a Patriot.

It's damn foolish and could come back to haunt them in the post season.