Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-02-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
Wingmeister07
Water Boy

Member Number: 15877
Exclamation What would you do???

So my husband works with a gentleman that was married until his wife tragically passed away (I didnt know that when I recieved his gift). I am not quiet sure when she passed away but it so happened that she was a big Steelers fan. The other day my husband came home with a plastic bag and gave it to me and said "Mr Hill wanted you to have this" when I opened the bag it was his wife's Steelers sweatshirt. At first I was thrown back by the notion of receiving a sweatshirt that belonged to a now deceased person especially one that I never had the chance to meet. But at the same time I felt this sense of pride in recieveing such a personal gift. Mr Hill knows how much I love the Steelers and I told my husband to tell him that I feel honored to wear his wife's sweatshirt and let her Steeler pride live on.

I havent worn the sweatshirt yet and to be honest I still kind of feel a little bad since I really didnt know Mrs Hill and I dont know if she would of like to have some stranger have her Steelers sweatshirt.

Should I just keep the sweatshirt as memobilia or should I actually wear it? What would you do?
Wingmeister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: What would you do???

I'd go ahead and wear it...and don't feel too bad about it. Think of it this way, his wife would probably want it to go to someone who would use it and get the same enjoyment she got out of it. I'm sure that's why he sent it to someone who he's knows is a die hard Steelers fan. That's what I would want done with my stuff though...no sense having it sit around and collect dust ya know.

It's up to you though. If you really feel uncomfortable wearing it, then maybe have it framed or something and put it up in your den or wherever you watch your games.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,267 Times in 2,040 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: What would you do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
It's up to you though. If you really feel uncomfortable wearing it, then maybe have it framed or something and put it up in your den or wherever you watch your games.
I was actually thinking the same thing and maybe having a little plaque placed on it in memory of Mrs. Hill.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
Wingmeister07
Water Boy

Member Number: 15877
Smile Re: What would you do???

Thanks for the advice. :)
Wingmeister07 is offline   Reply With Quote