Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,432 Times in 3,103 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Another wacky Steelers board RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Anyone remember "Kill Cowher" and his ilk from the old Stillers.com? That was totally over the top. If he disagreed with any football content you posted (and he pretty much always would, regardless) he would immediately drop ribald, as-gross-as-can-be, "You ___ off your dad and I ___ your mom" nonsense. How people were entertained by that stuff, I have no idea. It would seem you'd have to be in about 7th grade to be humored by it.
I remember kill cowher lol. at first when i was new to stillers.com i found him hillarious because i thought his 'attitude' was just an act. when i started to realize that's how he actually was, i was like damn, this guy needs professional help or something, or needs to grow up.

his choice of words were rather juvenile and i remember him calling people '**** boy' if they had anything bad to say about nate washington, which i think he had some kind of gay man-crush on lol
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
So? I still don't care. And you can lose the condescending tone. You posted this thread in this area because it's a high traffic area and you like to thump your own chest. That's the ONLY reason. Thus, your screen name. You thrive on controversy. It's your MO.
Well, to be perfectly honest, while I am no fan of THUMPER and I know nothing about you personally, your first reply to him was uncalled for and a bit on the arrogant side.

His response to your post was completely appropriate-- whether you realize it or not, there are other Steelers forums out there (some of them much better than this site), and many of us not only post here, but on other Steelers forums.

You personally may not care, but others do.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Yeah, this will never get to be a totally coo coo board. That's why guys like Stupa-Fly, whatdoiknow and Downbylaw are goners. We don't mind a little crazy, but they were over the top lol.
And a heartfelt THANK YOU for that ^^^^, SCMOM. Has been great here on SF.

If this forum (and CBS, my other fav) ever get the way the Steelers official forums are, I will be checking out for good. The official forums on Steelers.com are overrun with a bunch of immature, hot-headed kids that just like to hear themselves sound knowlegeable and bash anyone who disagrees with them.

After every loss, there are about a gazillion "Fire Arians", "Fire Tomlin", "Bench Ben" threads the very next morning (go look now, there are about two of each after Sunday's loss).

Not to mention, the Steelers official forums' functionlity sucks-- I have tried to register there like 3 times in the last 4 months, and everytime after I click the link in the activiation email or try to post on the forums, it tells me I need to register or something, and takes me to a blank thread that says "test". Repeated emails to the admin/mods to fix this have met with no results. You can't even type "Dick Lebeau" with out their crappy filter removing his first name (that one belongs on Failblog-- can't even type the coach's name in an official team forum--LOL).

If some of y'all need a change of pace, you should check out CBS Sportsline sometime-- really good Steelers forum with a lot of knowlegeable Steelers characters. The only problem are that it is a public site, so you have to deal with fans of other teams, even on the team-specific forums (they are separate from the Main NFL Forums on there).
Old 11-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
So? I still don't care. And you can lose the condescending tone. You posted this thread in this area because it's a high traffic area and you like to thump your own chest. That's the ONLY reason. Thus, your screen name. You thrive on controversy. It's your MO.
Do you think I "care if you care?" I posted
the thread here because I thought it was of interest and no one
would see it posted on any other board here, like most message
boards (the one main board is typically the only one seen.) If
I wanted to post it where no one would see it....I don't see any
logic in that.

Speaking of which, can you explain how posting a thread about another PS message board is an example of "thumping my own chest?" So, how does the logic play out with that? By me illuminating that a board, not related to me in any way,
has actually gone dark, I am some how operating in a boastful manner?
Your logic could use an upgrade. God bless.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #15
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Well, to be perfectly honest, while I am no fan of THUMPER and I know nothing about you personally, your first reply to him was uncalled for and a bit on the arrogant side.

His response to your post was completely appropriate-- whether you realize it or not, there are other Steelers forums out there (some of them much better than this site), and many of us not only post here, but on other Steelers forums.

You personally may not care, but others do.
You are no fan of mine? It's all good. Why she attacked
me over this post is beyond my comprehension of human logic. It's
still better than the ribald act on other boards.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #16
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

I used to post over at stillers after years of reading. I got banned within like 4 posts by stillmill for disagreeing with him about one of his overly critical "analysis" of a certain player. That guy is a f'n clown. He is the type of fan I absolutely HATE being around when watching the steelers play. Every single motherf'n play there is something, unless it results in a TD or interception, ff, pick six...etc. always something they have to nitpick, some player they have to berate, some call the ref missed, some challenge the coach didn't challenge, or challenged and shouldn't of. These people almost ALWAYS have never played football in their lives, but are the all knowing genius of their time. Football IQ to the moon. The lot of them always have something negative to say, and in mill's case some 7th grade repetitive unimaginative insult to spray. The best part about this guy is when you call him out on one of the many instances of being wrong they start attacking you in the same manner and then ban you immediately so you can't even defend yourself. He's a prick imo, even if a single shred of his garbage could be accurate, the 97% of the insults and i know it all attitude ruin it for me. He should be very proud of turning what was once a thriving message board only a few years ago in the lame duck crapshoot it is now. There may be oh, 15 guys still posting there now. 3 of them probably mill droids. Start threads agreeing with him, and never apparently disagreeing with him. Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's just him posting under an alias to make himself look better. What a douche! F' that place. This forum is much better. After the handling of downbylaw I have much respect for this forum and it's now my go-to place to read. Mesa always has the articles posted, so no more searching mult. sites. Good mods, smart posters, good mix of rosy posters and negative nancies that aren't over the top either way. Makes for good discussion.

Hoo-hah
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #17
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
I used to post over at stillers after years of reading. I got banned within like 4 posts by stillmill for disagreeing with him about one of his overly critical "analysis" of a certain player. That guy is a f'n clown. He is the type of fan I absolutely HATE being around when watching the steelers play. Every single motherf'n play there is something, unless it results in a TD or interception, ff, pick six...etc. always something they have to nitpick, some player they have to berate, some call the ref missed, some challenge the coach didn't challenge, or challenged and shouldn't of. These people almost ALWAYS have never played football in their lives, but are the all knowing genius of their time. Football IQ to the moon. The lot of them always have something negative to say, and in mill's case some 7th grade repetitive unimaginative insult to spray. The best part about this guy is when you call him out on one of the many instances of being wrong they start attacking you in the same manner and then ban you immediately so you can't even defend yourself. He's a prick imo, even if a single shred of his garbage could be accurate, the 97% of the insults and i know it all attitude ruin it for me. He should be very proud of turning what was once a thriving message board only a few years ago in the lame duck crapshoot it is now. There may be oh, 15 guys still posting there now. 3 of them probably mill droids. Start threads agreeing with him, and never apparently disagreeing with him. Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's just him posting under an alias to make himself look better. What a douche! F' that place. This forum is much better. After the handling of downbylaw I have much respect for this forum and it's now my go-to place to read. Mesa always has the articles posted, so no more searching mult. sites. Good mods, smart posters, good mix of rosy posters and negative nancies that aren't over the top either way. Makes for good discussion.

Hoo-hah
Yo nailed it, Finesward. That is it exactly. SFC was just as weird but in different ways
Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #18
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

I'll say this. This is a great board. I used to be over at steelernation and for some strange reason (I still don't know why...) I got banned. But when I was over there, I found a lot of lunacy to be quite frank. There were a few intelligent posters yes but there were also some stuff that was just a turn off.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Yo nailed it, Finesward. That is it exactly. SFC was just as weird but in different ways
I also have to agree StillMill of Stillers.com was some sort of psycho. No matter how much the team won StillMill would rip them apart because it wasn't perfect in his biased eyes. When he was not blasting the Steelers he went on endless how how insightful he was. He truly had a love/hate relationship with the Steelers. Personally I think he really is a closet Brown fan.

As far as SteelersNation I used to post article over there until one their juvenile admins decided to have fun at my expense. That's when I came over here.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
It's all good. I thought about moving this, since it doesn't have to do with Steelers football, but the locker room would be the only place I could think of, and it would just die there. If Tony or Pete want to move it, I've got no issues.

I hope this never becomes a board with nothing but flame-wars and insults. That shit is going to happen sometimes, but I'd like to think we're all adults and can get over it. For the most part I think it's worked out fine so far. I'm never going to be ultra restrictive on the debates though, same goes for Tony and Pete.

i think this thread is just fine where it is.

Quote:
I hope this site is the "sane" site some of us have been looking for. Getting in debate, etc. can be fun. But when it turns into nothing but guttural insults, it really ruins boards. Those past two boards should be studied by a team of psychiatrists.
i think you will find this site to be what you hope it is.

us mods want SF to be sane as possible. i must say the membership has been really great since SCM and i came aboard. it is much easier to just blend in and be a poster than i would have expected, and that couldnt be said without everyone sharing a common goal and not pushing individual agendas.

we want the heated debates. we want the friendly atmosphere. if kids want to join and act like experts, fine. if old curmudgeon assholes want to join and act like know it all's- fine.

i personally dont care if someone hates arians or loves him. if people want big ben shipped out of town, that is their right. as long as we can all keep it respectful and keep the bigger picture in mind (that this is a community we all chose to belong to) everyone should be able to enjoy this forum as much as possible.

i like to think it only is what you put into it, and you can take out of it what you like.

with that being said, y'all have no worries of the current administration playing the thought police, being hypocrites with their moderation, or pushing political or cliquish agendas of any sort.

nobody will be punished for what they believe, or having an opinion if they just be thoughtful in how they express it.

i have found that when everyone in a forum feels they are treated fairly and with balance, the whole group thrives.

oh, and i was a member of CBSsportsline mb's before they converted to an actual forum. talk about a chaotic, vile, unmoderated mess...

i loved it!