Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #31
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925
Default Re: Another wacky Steelers board RIP

This has been a real cool relaxing board that I've ever singed on in a while... great insight and all...
Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #32
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
So? I still don't care. And you can lose the condescending tone. You posted this thread in this area because it's a high traffic area and you like to thump your own chest. That's the ONLY reason. Thus, your screen name. You thrive on controversy. It's your MO.
Sounds to me like this person has problems to me. Lady, express your opinion and let be. Your the only one that I have seen so far that has had anything bad to say about this guys thread. If you dont like what they post then dont go there and read them is the way I feel about it. And your just a Draft Pick anyways.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #33
Fan Of STEEL
Water Boy

Member Number: 8568

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
First we saw www.stillers.com turn into cinders after it had established itself as an active, informative and entertaining site.

But after too many loonies became too active, and moderation got too extreme, that site, at one point, flamed out to almost no activity (I see there is a little bit back now, but not much.)

Then www.stillers-forums.com seemed to pick up a lot of action from former posters on SC, but the same fate ended up - seemingly - smashing SFC. That place got real bizarre - with mods booting quality posters while keeping the nuttiest of all posters around. And lately, it seems some of the nuts started prank calling a mod at work, like in their real life. The site operator said, due to the prank calls, he would likely be shutting down the site. And as of today, at least when I tried to view it, the site is down.

I hope this site is the "sane" site some of us have been looking for. Getting in debate, etc. can be fun. But when it turns into nothing but guttural insults, it really ruins boards. Those past two boards should be studied by a team of psychiatrists.
First off the site Admin lied. He made up alot of the problems on that site himself and used multiple usernames to have pretend conversations with himself. The site had only 5-6 people posting.

Yes he got a couple of e-mails requesting him to stop being an asshole and unban the two people he banned for no reason other than he did not like their opinions. The Mod was dumb enough to give out his real e-mail address with his full name. We let him know that and he got all paranoid. A lesson to all Mods... don't give out personal information unless you really know the person well.

And this site has always been "sane" with good debate.
Fan Of STEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #34
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Just keep Steelers Fever alive and well!
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #35
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

rip those sites. Even though i was not a part of either one any site that supports the steelers... I support

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #36
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
stillers.com's problem is that the forums are outdated and the current mod there doesn't want to upgrade it. it's gone down several times and took too long to get back up, so people started filing out of there. That's how I ended up here :)

I still go by there to check out mill's analysis cause it cracks me up
I was a regular at Stillers.com as well. Actually met up with some posters during the 2007 Jags game. A good time and was a member there since I could even remember.

Right after we won the Super Bowl, I got banned FOR LIFE (!!!) because after, instead of enjoying our Super Bowl victory, Mill wanted to do nothing but bash LeBeau and fire him and making inane comments about the defense.

I stepped up and told him to enjoy the Lombardi Trophy rather than bitching up a storm about how bad LeBeau is. I told him he failed at it and he banned me for life. LMAO, so much for the hard-assed Stillers.com. It's okay for the mods to act like tools but don't like it when someone bites back. I got out of there and found this site and haven't looked back since.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #37
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I was a regular at Stillers.com as well. Actually met up with some posters during the 2007 Jags game. A good time and was a member there since I could even remember.

Right after we won the Super Bowl, I got banned FOR LIFE (!!!) because after, instead of enjoying our Super Bowl victory, Mill wanted to do nothing but bash LeBeau and fire him and making inane comments about the defense.

I stepped up and told him to enjoy the Lombardi Trophy rather than bitching up a storm about how bad LeBeau is. I told him he failed at it and he banned me for life. LMAO, so much for the hard-assed Stillers.com. It's okay for the mods to act like tools but don't like it when someone bites back. I got out of there and found this site and haven't looked back since.
Thats a cool story

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #38
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Same shiot over at SU with what went down on Election Night, I'm guessing... dont' disagree with the three musketeers and you're A-OK. Disagree and you're f'd.

I checked in at SU for the first time in about a month and it's the same gibberish, just a different day.
Aint that the truth. I would never got to SU with those mods there. I probably wouldnt be allowed anyway. I'm not on here as much as I'd like, but it's the only site I go on, thanks to the new mods.