Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default look at this joke of a writer

Why the hatred for Big Ben? Well, aside from him being one of the biggest douche bags in the NFL, his sense of entitlement is disgusting. Here is a guy that lies, breaks the law and is only sorry because he gets caught doing it.

I get it, Ben has won a lot of games. I think the more accurate statement would be that the Steelers defense has won a lot of games. Did you know Ben wasn't the quarterback of his own high school team? Did you know he finally was the starter after a red shirt year at Miami and he set all sorts of school records? He even had his number retired. You know why you don't know that stuff? Because outside of the game of football this guy is one of the biggest assholes in the NFL.

Ben was lucky to get drafted by the Steelers. In his first few seasons all he had to do was not **** up too bad and the rest of the team was going to win the game. Even though he tried his best to derail the success of the team, they were good enough to overcome his shortcomings. The fanboys will cry that he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. This is because these people pop wood every time they see something black and gold let alone anything with the Steelers logo on it.

Look past the rapes for a second, remember the motorcycle crash? After Kellen Winslow Jr. had his issues with his motorcycle, people approached Ben about him riding. In the interview (which aired on ESPN) he talked about having his motorcycle license for some time, and about how he only rides a Harley and never rides the sport bikes. He talked about only riding in groups and being safe, then the dumbass wrecks a high performance sports bike with no license and no helmet. This my friends was a lie. It is like a teenager telling their parents exactly what they want to hear so they can make it to the party on Friday night.

The Pittsburgh media hates Ben, his teammates hate him and you and I hate him. The only people defending this guy are the fans who have no life. I don't give a **** how many rings he has, how many games he wins or what he does on the field. You know the difference between Michael Vick and Ben Roethlisberger? Mike Vick admitted he was wrong and felt entitled. Ben denies and hopes that people forget.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl..._story/3553483
Old 11-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205
Default Re: look at this joke of a writer

lol, dude, that's not a writer, that's a bengals fan writing for a bengals fan site

the irony is that by Bengals standards, Ben is a saint, and would be worshiped by this guy if his colors were Black and Orange instead of Black and Gold

although maybe not because if he was a Bengal he'd probably be as bad as Palmer, any QB would be.

Steve Young was a genius when he draft dodged the Bengals to play for the USFL instead
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Didn't Ben say that he thought he was entitled too... just as this "writer" said Vick admitted as well? What a douchebag (the writer of this trash, that is).
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I don't understand the arguement. Ben didn't start in highschool and was redshirted in college, but came off the bench and broke many records but we don't hear about it because he's an asshole?

I get the hate, he's already a winning quarterback, plus he's beating that guys team every year while the heisman trophy winner Palmer couldn't throw a football through a 50 foot wide target from 10 yards away.

People have a reason to hate Ben, and they back it up... So I could care less, as long as Ben keeps beating them every year and doesn't do anything stupid again... Let them hate... It might drive Ben to greater things... Cheifs and Raiders rivalries always brought out the best in Elway... And nothing is worse than seeing a comeback victory from your rival teams quarterback...
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: look at this joke of a writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
I don't understand the arguement. Ben didn't start in highschool and was redshirted in college, but came off the bench and broke many records but we don't hear about it because he's an asshole?
I guess what the douche-nozzle is trying to convey in that regurgitated diatribe is, if Ben had better character and merit as a person/individual, his accomplishments would be more celebrated, rather than ignored.

Personally, I doubt anyone could care less about what Ben did or didn't do prior to the NFL. I know I couldn't care less.

This is a right-now league.

Right, Dallas?
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

I honestly don't give two $h!ts about what people think of Ben the quarterback or Ben the person. All I know is we had a phenominal defense in the 90s (seriously, just look at it...guys like Woodson, Williams, Lake, Perry, Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland, Brown, Gildon, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others).....and how many Super Bowls did we win???? None. Why.......because we had very average quarterbacks. We had good offensive personnel in the 90s...great WRs, great RBs, descent (or at least better than now) offensive lines....but the one position we could not overcome was the QB position. In the end, we need to strike while the iron is hot...don't care what other people think of Ben, I think he is capable of winning us 2 more SBs.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i started reading it, stopped, and clicked off.
I didn't recognize the site or the writer. The point is, i didn't want to and the fact is, this isn't a "writer". That was "sensationalizing" without facts and forcing your opinion.

Welcome to the new world of "blogging"
Anyone and everyone is now a "writer" and can be disguised by a .com website. Pure trash.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

I'd like to see any NFL quarterback do the things Ben does behind this offensive line. I'll take Ben over any other NFL quarterback any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

What a dick face

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
I honestly don't give two $h!ts about what people think of Ben the quarterback or Ben the person. All I know is we had a phenominal defense in the 90s (seriously, just look at it...guys like Woodson, Williams, Lake, Perry, Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland, Brown, Gildon, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others).....and how many Super Bowls did we win???? None. Why.......because we had very average quarterbacks. We had good offensive personnel in the 90s...great WRs, great RBs, descent (or at least better than now) offensive lines....but the one position we could not overcome was the QB position. In the end, we need to strike while the iron is hot...don't care what other people think of Ben, I think he is capable of winning us 2 more SBs.
100% right those team's in the 90's were great with ben on those teams we win at least 2 super bowls

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote