Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,487 Times in 3,951 Posts
Default Re: Brooks Signs with Raiders/Vanderjagt Signs with Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmmmmm

So youd go another year missing the playoffs is what youre telling me. Cause Dallas did not have a kicker or a #1 WR.
philly had t.o. and d. akers last year. they missed the playoffs. j. jones bought 2 good players. not a playoff appearance. this talk reeks of the raven fans of last year. sb champion steelers almost missed the playoffs after a 7-5 start. anything can happen. namely all teams in the nfc east going 4-4 within the division.

i must add its always been dalass' m.o. to overspend on free agents like t.o. and treat kickers like 2nd class citezens. who woulda helped more? a decent kicker or m. wiley or l. glover? the trade for d. henson was nice. maybe a trade for a kicker was more in order. vanderjagt may be too little, to late

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-23-2006 at 07:37 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #12
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679

Philly had a good team but they had their QB get hurt the first game of the season and then try being superman when he needed surgery. I can blame that season on not having a quality back up.

Glover helped alot but he was gonna get to much and I think Parcells thought he was undersized or something. A Kicker would have got us into the playoffs last year....but I think if we had an actual #1 WR last year we woulda been in easily. Owners are supposed to fill needs with the best available players.....There was nothing wrong with Glover or that bum Wiley being picked up (especially since we thought we had a kicker till he broke himself).
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #13
tony hipchest

Quote:
(especially since we thought we had a kicker till he broke himself).
and who the hell was that? wait... dont answer. the last "kicker" they had was "bungholeio" c. boniol and thats not saying much.

not only did the cowboys have #1 wr galloway (way overpaid, for way too long, for way too sucky of qb's) they had the #1 overall pick in the draft in keyshawn. they all share a distinct similarity with t.o. THEYRE OLD along with overpaid.

i can easilly admitt vanderjagtoff is 10x better than any kicker theyve had in years. good thing jimmy johnsons not his coach.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #14
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

No, Cundiff was decent...alot better than when he came back from his injury with us this year.

I dont know why we got rid of Galloway cause he could still put up good numbers and proved that with a crappy QB. Keyshawn wasnt a threat for anything but short routes over the middle...not a #1 like T.O. can be and I hope he will be.

Ill agree with that too.....I think hell make a big difference knowing that we have someone to rely on and we dont need a TD every possession.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #15
tony hipchest

Quote:
No, Cundiff was decent...alot better than when he came back from his injury with us this year.

I dont know why we got rid of Galloway cause he could still put up good numbers and proved that with a crappy QB. .
i said galloway and meant glenn. same difference either way.

the steelers and patriots have dispelled the myth of needing a true #1 wr (whatever the hell that is) an can anyone tell me who the tampa bay buc's #1 was when they won the sb? (rhetorical- johnson or mccardell)

st. louis proved the value of having 3 strong receivers 1-3. bledsoe, jones, witten, t.o., and glenn are a formidable opponent if they all play their best yet. but they have to all have career seasons. it waits to be seen if the sum of the whole is greater than their parts.

teams like the steelers, patriots, and seahawks have chemistry thats been building for years. that cannot be discounted.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #16
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Yes but the Steelers and Patriots had good running games, good blocking, good QBs and an all around good WR core. The Cowboys dont have that good of a QB they had a good running game but without blocking it didnt matter and they had a decent WR core. With a playmaker like Owens we can lack a little in the QB department and maybe a little in blocking and still make it into the playoffs....who knows if well be set to do anything but well be there.

The Cowboys have the chemistry on defense....but we shuffle so many players on offense its impossible...so we gotta get the best in F/A and eventually build the team on the offensive side of the ball in the draft like weve done with the Defense
Old 03-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Yes but the Steelers and Patriots had good running games, good blocking, good QBs and an all around good WR core. The Cowboys dont have that good of a QB they had a good running game but without blocking it didnt matter and they had a decent WR core. With a playmaker like Owens we can lack a little in the QB department and maybe a little in blocking and still make it into the playoffs....who knows if well be set to do anything but well be there.

The Cowboys have the chemistry on defense....but we shuffle so many players on offense its impossible...so we gotta get the best in F/A and eventually build the team on the offensive side of the ball in the draft like weve done with the Defense
yes, the bengals need to do the same on defense and hope that all the new components gel. it looked so great for the ravens last off-season. especially when they "stole" k. vincent from the steelers and added the "best" f.a. cb and wr in the game.

food for thought.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #18
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Brooks hasn't been promised the starting job, but he should win the competition this summer against Marques Tuiasosopo and Andrew Walter. If Al Davis drafts Young, Brooks will merely be a stop-gap until Young is ready.Brooks might be looking over his shoulder again as soon as he begins to screw up?which never takes him too long.

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan

your kidding me right with shell back and brooks with moss and porter Td's all day and he was trying to make a play but shoveling throwing it to the big guy the big guy was dumb and can move so it made aaron look dumb!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:17 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Wow that is the definiton of a brain freeze.

Throwing the ball backwards when your O-Line is already overwhelmed is one of the craziest, funniest things I have seen in a while.

I cant wait for the Brooks to Porter and Moss TD-fest - I wonder if it will beat the record setting effort from Collins to Porter and Moss from last year - you just cant cover these guys!

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote