Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
whitt
Water Boy

Member Number: 16155
Default Steelers vs Raiders

Hey Dudes,

I know this is 1 week early for you guys but my Raiders are on a bye and we come to your town in 2 weeks. First off, I have nothing but respect for the Steeler team this year as you guys are dominating for the most part. Also, my oldest son whom has never been to Pittsburgh decided at the age of 12 he wanted to be a Steeler fan and at 18, he still is. (No, I didn`t drop him on his head in his early years but have no idea why he is a fan of the black and gold,lol)

Anyway, just wanted to start a friendly thread on this upcoming game. I`m not provoking anything negative and am respectful in your "house". How are you all doing?
whitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,008 Times in 404 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs Raiders

I would certainly have to say this is going to be tough game, the way the raiders are playing.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,781 Times in 2,941 Posts

opposing teams fans are always welcome. unfortunately many of them have been staying away although we had a whole bunch join for buc's week.

better early than never. if any patriot* fans come around, feel free in joining us in giving them hell.

if the raiders hope to have a shot what they need to do is start their least xxperienced qb and watch him light up an overconfident steelers team.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

welcome. i was rooting against the raiders last week, my brother is a big time chiefs fan and we sorta root for eachother's team as long as they're not playing each other lol. anyway your team has turned it around big time and should be a tough game even in our house.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
whitt
Water Boy

Member Number: 16155

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
opposing teams fans are always welcome. unfortunately many of them have been staying away although we had a whole bunch join for buc's week.

better early than never. if any patriot* fans come around, feel free in joining us in giving them hell.

if the raiders hope to have a shot what they need to do is start their least xxperienced qb and watch him light up an overconfident steelers team.
You know, the week prior to all of our games this year I look on the opposing team forums. Usually just to hear what`s up out of bordum but also to get a feel of the fans and how they look at us "Raider fans". Most teams are pretty cool, Seahawks, Titans, Niners and even the Broncos.....but last week I went to the KC Chiefs forum and they are the most rabid ,incest, and most uneducated football fans I`ve everencountered. I joined this forum last year and you guys seem to be pretty cool. As a Raider fan, I know the deep history of our rivalry going back to the 60`s......but I still like Pittsburgh fans.....also as a Raider fan......you know we hate the Pats after we were robbed on the famous playoff "arm going forward" fumble........which if called correctly, we would have faced you instead of you facing the Pats......
Oh well, heres to another grinder of a game......
whitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,008 Times in 404 Posts

Steelers will not be overconfident this time. You guys have been playing extremely well and I'm excited to see how the rush defense holds up against McFadden. After last year's victory over the Steelers, the Steelers will be out for blood. Going to be an exciting game.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitt View Post
Hey Dudes,

I know this is 1 week early for you guys but my Raiders are on a bye and we come to your town in 2 weeks. First off, I have nothing but respect for the Steeler team this year as you guys are dominating for the most part. Also, my oldest son whom has never been to Pittsburgh decided at the age of 12 he wanted to be a Steeler fan and at 18, he still is. (No, I didn`t drop him on his head in his early years but have no idea why he is a fan of the black and gold,lol)

Anyway, just wanted to start a friendly thread on this upcoming game. I`m not provoking anything negative and am respectful in your "house". How are you all doing?
The key in this game will be stopping the run (which we do) and pressuring Jason Campbell. we do this and we should come out with a win but this will be a hard fought game for 60 minutes.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
The key in this game will be stopping the run (which we do) and pressuring Jason Campbell. we do this and we should come out with a win but this will be a hard fought game for 60 minutes.
I think Gradkowski may be coming back for this game. He lit us up last year for 308 yards and that last drive TD. I would rather face Jason Campbell any day. Last time we played him we tortured him all night long.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

I've been saying for several years now that the Raiders have all the talent to be a playoff team. This year they are getting the wins to prove it. I am glad the Raiders are no longer flying under the radar...I think they surprised us last year. This year I think this game will have a 1970s flavor...lots of tough defense, physical hitting, and low scoring. I see this game coming down to which QB makes the fewest mistakes...and which FG kicker can make the clutch 4th quarter 40+ yarder. Should be a great game...I'm glad it's in PIT!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

I predicted (no lie) at the beginning of the season that Oakland was going to win the west. It's nice to see two teams who have struggled in that division fighting for the title, but I still think Oakland will take it. Also glad to see McFadden having a good year for the Raiders (I've always liked him....) Anyway, good luck in a couple weeks (unfortunately you're going to need more than luck to beat the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote