Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Kemoeatu questionable with knee, ankle injuries

Kemoeatu questionable with knee, ankle injuries
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_708739.html
By John Harris and Kevin Gorman

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The good news for the Steelers' battered offensive line: an MRI confirmed that knee and ankle injuries suffered by Chris Kemoeatu on the same play last Monday night are not serious.

The bad news for Kemoeatu and the Steelers is that the starting left guard is questionable at best to play Sunday night against the visiting Patriots.

Kemoeatu, who sprained both his knee and ankle when teammate Trai Essex fell on his lower right leg, said he will not try to practice until Friday. If Kemoeatu is not able to go, then he almost will certainly miss Sunday night's game.

"I'm not feeling too good," Kemoeatu said. "It's nothing major. I think it just needs a little rest."

Kemoeatu re-injured the same knee he hurt earlier this season in the Steelers' 27-21 win over the Bengals. If he is unable to play Sunday night, Ramon Foster likely will start in his place.

"I'm just happy it's not as bad as it felt and the MRI looked pretty good on it," Kemoeatu said, "so if it's not ready, we'll take this week and get it right and hopefully come back next week."

Boscov's in Clearview Mall (Butler) invites fans to meet Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall from 6-7:30 p.m. on Nov. 16. Customers will have an opportunity to receive an autograph and get a photo taken with Mendenhall. Customers who make a $25 or more purchase of Champion Athleticwear in the store's athletic clothing department will receive entry into the VIP line to meet Mendenhall.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can't wait to face New England counterpart Tom Brady for the first time since 2007. "For me, it's fun because Tom Brady, who I think is probably the greatest in the game right now, is on the other side,'' Roethlisberger said Wednesday of Brady, who joins him as the only active quarterback to win at least two Super Bowls. "To watch him go against this great defense is going to be fun as well. He's a good passer. He's a good leader. He's really something special. He's as good as it gets.'' Roethlisberger is 1-3 against Brady (including playoffs). Roethlisberger is 2-3 against New England, defeating Matt Cassel and the Patriots 33-10 in '08, when Brady was out with a knee injury.

Center Maurkice Pouncey, who returned against Cincinnati after bruising his tibia early in the game, practiced yesterday. Tight end Heath Miller (fluid on knee) and defensive end Brett Keisel (hamstring) did not practice. Running backs Mewelde Moore and Isaac Redman and safety Will Allen, who were diagnosed with concussions against Cincinnati, were cleared to practice.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292
Default Re: Kemoeatu questionable with knee, ankle injuries

I am very happy to see Ramon Foster at left guard. I expect him to do very well against the Patriots. Take your time and get well Kemo. Ramon will hold down the position until you are 100% again.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote