Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,309 Times in 3,647 Posts
Default Q&A With Brady & Belichick

Links to responses by Belichick and Brady to this week's game - clearly a lot of respect coming from the Pats

This from Brady

On Steelers safety Troy Polamalu:
He can be anywhere, thatís the thing. I donít know if itís necessarily where the coaches put him or where he goes. He kind of does things his own way, he goes where he thinks the ball is going to go. Heís an extremely instinctive player, extremely athletic. He really gets to the ball fast. He flies all over the field. If I could be a defensive player, I would want to play like him. But I canít because Iím slow

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...on_steele.html

This from Belichick

Q: As a football historian, do you have a lot of regard for what the Steelers have done over the years with ownership and coaching lineage?

BB: Absolutely, sure. Since Bill Cowher came Ė well Chuck Noll before that, you canít discount Chuckís record Ė but I was very familiar with him when Bill came in í92 and competing against him in Cleveland and then all through the years of Bill and now Mike [Tomlin]. Theyíve been very consistent and been able to really maintain pretty much their same system [both] offensively [and] defensively. Thatís very impressive in this day and age where you see teams change on a much more frequent basis. I donít think anybodyís really got that kind of consistency like the Steelers have. So, yeah, theyíve done a tremendous job

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...ood-as-always/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Q&A With Brady & Belichick

People always say Bellichick is ****y... but he talks with no confidence at all..
"yea we'll just do the best we can do, they are a great team with good players, so yea, best we can do"

Says that every week.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

I hate him he is a dick face

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
People always say Bellichick is ****y... but he talks with no confidence at all..
"yea we'll just do the best we can do, they are a great team with good players, so yea, best we can do"

Says that every week.
Unfortunately success begets jealously and a lot of Belichik's detractors are simply envious of his success as a head coach. That and he doesn't have that cheery sunshine demeanor.

A lot of people fail to differentiate his personaltiy with his resume as a head coach.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,803 Times in 4,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Unfortunately success begets jealously and a lot of Belichik's detractors are simply envious of his success as a head coach. That and he doesn't have that cheery sunshine demeanor.

A lot of people fail to differentiate his personaltiy with his resume as a head coach.
is it really that simple? you dont think the fact that he was caught cheating, fined a buttload of money, and docked a 1st round draft pick as penalty has anything to do with it?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyssteelcurtain View Post
I hate him he is a dick face

Beat me to it.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
is it really that simple? you dont think the fact that he was caught cheating, fined a buttload of money, and docked a 1st round draft pick as penalty has anything to do with it?
Of course not. It's the hoodies.

Oh, and **** the patriots*
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Sadly I think it really is that simple. Not for everyone, but the majority of the Brady/Belichik hate train were on board way before the whole 2007 spygate issue. Most just used it as further validation of their feelings. When a team rises to the success the Patriots reached in the early 00's it is not without upsetting the legions of fans of lesser teams.

My point is, typically the teams on top attract the most hate. Take Steelers, Patriots, and Colts for example. When they fall, there is jubilation from NFL fans everywhere.

It is basically just jealously manifesting itself as hatred. Although most of the haters dont' know it, they are bestowing the object of their hatred a pretty tall compliment.

How else to explain the conspiracy theorists who insist that the Seahawks and Cardinals were sabatoged by paid referees in their Superbowl defeats?

A lot of people took the opportunity of Belichik cheating to say 'well if they didn't do that, we would have won suchandsuch a game". Yet that retroactive speculating doesn't prove anything definitive. Not to say that Belichik should be completely absolved of what he did, but to hate someone with such banal vitriol like "Fvck him he's a dickhead"? That's a strong emotion, sort of like jealously.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #9
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Alot of people on this board hate him just because they kicked our ass and he out coached Cowher when it counted. Everybody tries to get an advantage in one way or another. We blew those games on the field. Not by luck or getting cheated out of it.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Sadly I think it really is that simple. Not for everyone, but the majority of the Brady/Belichik hate train were on board way before the whole 2007 spygate issue. Most just used it as further validation of their feelings. When a team rises to the success the Patriots reached in the early 00's it is not without upsetting the legions of fans of lesser teams.

My point is, typically the teams on top attract the most hate. Take Steelers, Patriots, and Colts for example. When they fall, there is jubilation from NFL fans everywhere.

It is basically just jealously manifesting itself as hatred. Although most of the haters dont' know it, they are bestowing the object of their hatred a pretty tall compliment.

How else to explain the conspiracy theorists who insist that the Seahawks and Cardinals were sabatoged by paid referees in their Superbowl defeats?
A lot of people took the opportunity of Belichik cheating to say 'well if they didn't do that, we would have won suchandsuch a game". Yet that retroactive speculating doesn't prove anything definitive. Not to say that Belichik should be completely absolved of what he did, but to hate someone with such banal vitriol like "Fvck him he's a dickhead"? That's a strong emotion, sort of like jealously.

I still say the NFL paid off referees in the 'Tuck Rule Game' to get the Patriots to the AFC championship to the beat the steelers and win the superbowl...

Though I try not to hate the Patriots because of their success, especially over the Steelers. But when you really think about it, to say Tom Brady is gay and Bellichick is an asshole or a dick, you are really pushing it because Bellichick in general is just a very nice guy, he never insults anyone, Brady doesn't do anything like that either, so he's a little but of a ***** on the field, but many quarterbacks are, if they weren't we'd see a lot more quarterbacks on injured reserve.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote