Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #51
SteelerDad

Member Number:
Default Re: Carson Palmer Has Hard Feelings Toward Steelers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
I know two-three...of course there are more prestigious universities in regards to academics, but a diploma from a major university is certainly nothing to gawk at. I also know quite a few people who graduated from Ivy League schools who would make you scratch your head as to how they even got there, no less graduated. The university that a person attends is not always indicative of their level of intelligence. You can make broad generalizations but it really differs from situation to situation.
Faie enough, but you can see my point. To say that someone graduated from such and such a school is not any indication of their level of intelligence. My wife atteneded Notre Dame and she always tells me that you have to work to fail out of there. Not saying that the classes are easy, but just saying that they try their best to keep you in school.

For him to say he has hard feelings about us winning the Super Bowl shows that he still has something to learn about pro football. In college, holding a grudge can sometimes pump you up and keep you motivated. But pro football is above all else a business.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #52
Avoid Lloyd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1024

Who cares if he went to USC - he's a Bungle now and that speaks volumes.
Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #53
MAN-O-STEEL
Water Boy

Member Number: 2085

12/4/05 Bengals 38-31 in the Steeltown

So let's see here, that makes the season series 1-1 when Carson's playing and 1-0 steelers when Kitna's playing. Congratulations.

YOU KEEP HANGING YOUR HAT ON 1- I REPEAT- 1 WIN IN 5 TRIES. THAT IS NOT A TREND. THE PLAYOFF GAME ALSO COUNTS AS A START. INJURIES ARE PART OF THE GAME. YOU MUST KNOW WHEN TO ZIG AND WHEN TO ZAG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT. I have stated before that win in Pittsburgh was the bengals superbowl. they thought they had killed the Dragon, only to have the Dragon take a huge bite out of their ass when it really mattered. Over the course of Bill Cowher's career the wins against the bengals IS 21-8 OR 7-2 AGIANST MARVIN LEWIS, THAT'S ABOUT 3-1, Carson himself is 3-1 if you don't count the playoff game (but it must be counted). i don't see any change in that trend.

Last edited by MAN-O-STEEL; 03-28-2006 at 11:43 AM.
MAN-O-STEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #54
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN-O-STEEL
12/4/05 Bengals 38-31 in the Steeltown

So let's see here, that makes the season series 1-1 when Carson's playing and 1-0 steelers when Kitna's playing. Congratulations.

YOU KEEP HANGING YOUR HAT ON 1- I REPEAT- 1 WIN IN 5 TRIES. THAT IS NOT A TREND. THE PLAYOFF GAME ALSO COUNTS AS A START. INJURIES ARE PART OF THE GAME. YOU MUST KNOW WHEN TO ZIG AND WHEN TO ZAG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT. I have stated before that win in Pittsburgh was the bengals superbowl. they thought they had killed the Dragon, only to have the Dragon take a huge bite out of their ass when it really mattered. Over the course of Bill Cowher's career the wins against the bengals IS 21-8 OR 7-2 AGIANST MARVIN LEWIS, THAT'S ABOUT 3-1, Carson himself is 3-1 if you don't count the playoff game (but it must be counted). i don't see any change in that trend.
Between the random boldings, font changes, caps frenzies, grammatical errors, and run-on sentences...I really have no idea what you just attempted to say.

Yeah, injuries are part of the game...but you can't say X player is 2-1, 1-2, etc. when they only took one snap in one of those games. It works both ways, I wouldn't say Carson was 2-1 against the steelers this season if Jon Kitna had won that playoff game because Carson barely even played, hence he did not affect the outcome.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #55
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDad
Faie enough, but you can see my point. To say that someone graduated from such and such a school is not any indication of their level of intelligence. My wife atteneded Notre Dame and she always tells me that you have to work to fail out of there. Not saying that the classes are easy, but just saying that they try their best to keep you in school.

For him to say he has hard feelings about us winning the Super Bowl shows that he still has something to learn about pro football. In college, holding a grudge can sometimes pump you up and keep you motivated. But pro football is above all else a business.
Yeah, I see your point. In my original post I was trying more to compare a USC graduate to a non-college graduate than compare the qualities of college educations. Names of colleges really only matter through the admission process...if you can get a full-ride to an upper tier college through academics, then you're probably pretty smart. If you get into that same university by paying your own way or through an athletic scholarship, then that's not necessarily always true. It's always nice to brag about though...I've done my fair share of bragging about getting a free ride to Duke University.

I don't know if holding a grudge is something bad for pro football. Holding grudges is what a rivalry's all about...it should get under your skin to get beaten by your rival and see them succeed while you're sitting at home. Pro football is very much a business, but if there were no emotions involved, then the game would become very dry and very boring very quickly.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #56
SteelerDad

Member Number:

It's fine to hold a grudge because he tore up his knee against us. It's fine to hold a grudge because we beat them in the playoffs. But come on, holding a grudge because we won the Super Bowl?

You'd think he could come up with something better.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #57
STEELERSTAR
Water Boy

Member Number: 2200

He can say all he wants against our beloved Steelers. Who cares!!! Screw him!!! If he ever gets injured again, then his career is over. "Carson Palmer, be careful what you say or wish for grant because you'll be victimized again!"

Go Steelers
STEELERSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #58
MAN-O-STEEL
Water Boy

Member Number: 2085

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Between the random boldings, font changes, caps frenzies, grammatical errors, and run-on sentences...I really have no idea what you just attempted to say.

Yeah, injuries are part of the game...but you can't say X player is 2-1, 1-2, etc. when they only took one snap in one of those games. It works both ways, I wouldn't say Carson was 2-1 against the steelers this season if Jon Kitna had won that playoff game because Carson barely even played, hence he did not affect the outcome.
Nice try, that's a good way to duck the facts. Let me s-p-e-l-l it out for you.
  1. Cowher in 14 years:21-8 against the bungles
  2. Cowher against Marvin Lewis:7-2
  3. Ben against Carson:4-1 or 3-1 not counting your playoff game.
Are you getting the picture now????????????????????
Nobody is buying what you are trying to sell.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #59
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

What is all comes down to and all that matters:

Steelers - 5 Super Bowls and years of consistancy.

Bungals - 0 Super Bowls and fifteen years of straight sucking.

Start yapping when you have six.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-29-2006 at 08:11 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #60
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

and dont forget how we accomplished the impossible last year. 3 road playoff wins as the 6th seed beating the 1 2 3 seed and then winning the Super Bowl.

Carson should just say, we got beat and look forward to next year and shut his mouth.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote