Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #11
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,060
Member Number: 15679
Thanks: 1
Thanked 193 Times in 123 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDestroyer View Post
for all those wrong calls the officials made, they missed two holding calls on the bungles...at least!
Actually I think they called a couple of ticky tack holding calls on the Bengals. There was one where James Harrison essentially ran himself into the ground trying to use leverage to get around the LT and the LT got called because of it.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Both of those calls were BS.....TO cried until he got a flag, no way that was interference on Ike.
If not interference, definitely holding.

Perhaps you didn't see the play. I personally had to watch the replay a couple times before seeing Ike grab T.O. by the top of his pants and pull him towards him right as they're crossing the goal line.

"B.S.!", you say? Fast Forward to 4:18

Either way, it was an apparent penalty by Ike. There's no way around it.

T.O. "was crying" because he had a completely legitimate gripe. Watch his hand motion towards his lower back immediately when he starts going back to the ref at the goal line to state his case.

Quote:
The league told the Steelers no penalty should have been called.
This takes away even MORE credibility from the league.

I'm a Steelers fan through-and-through, but I'm also objective and THAT, my brethren, was at the LEAST a hold.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter
 
markymarc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,589
Member Number: 2292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
I"B.S.!", you say? Fast Forward to 4:18
I couldn't disagree more. To me that is hand checking all the way. I did not see Taylor grab or hold T.O. at all. By the way, wide receivers and corner backs hand fight all the time and most of the time it doesn't get called.

The ONLY reason it was called is because T.O. threw a hissy fit. If you notice the back judge who was lined up at the field goal post only went to his pocket once T.O. got all excited. Sorry, but that back judge was not in position to make that call. And yes it was the wrong call.

I am just curious how you figure they got it right, when the NFL office even came out and said it was a bad call.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

I wonder if the league would have admitted this if the Steelers lost?
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #15
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
I did not see Taylor grab or hold T.O. at all.
Funny because I couldn't disagree with you more.

You do not see it because you don't want to see it.

It is blatant. How can you *not* see it?

Why does T.O. slow down and Ike catches up two whole steps in one?

Because Ike is holding on to T.O.'s pants with his left hand, pulling him. That's why. Go watch it without being a homer for a minute.

I'm sure the Steelers can do no wrong in your eyes. Sorry dude. The tape doesn't lie. Ike pulls on T.O., preventing him from making the catch.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:42 AM   #16
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

I just want to bump this because frankly, I want to know what everyone else thinks about this.

Do you see a hold on T.O's pants or hand-checking?

Am I just blind?
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #17
Steeler4life1972
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 1,052
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

For all the assholes who say the refs give us games its 2-1 bad calls against us constantly thus we have play through and still have 6 rings!!!!!!!!!
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,304
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 331
Thanked 391 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

I did not & still do not see a penalty on Ike. If you are using this video highlight clip to prove it then you have failed. There is no apparent penalty on this play.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #19
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
I just want to bump this because frankly, I want to know what everyone else thinks about this.

Do you see a hold on T.O's pants or hand-checking?

Am I just blind?
Yes, you are blind. Or you are looking for a hold or PI and that's what you see. I see Ike and t.o hand checking, then t.o slow down as he waits for the ball in which time ike makes up ground and breaks up the pass. the hissy fit is what drew the flag, not the hand checking.

sorry, your wrong on this one
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #20
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
I wonder if the league would have admitted this if the Steelers lost?
Depends, sometimes they do if the team loses, depends on the team really... Like the Lions, they wouldn't say anything, but the Cowboys, they would.


I know the Hampton call was a terrible call, he was obviously falling, you can't stop yourself from falling when you're blocked down.

The PI call could go either way, the reason no one wants it called is because a ref on the other side of the field called it after TO had a fit about it. The front office was right that it shouldn't have been called due to the ref right in front of where it happened didn't call it. Any other ref on the field really has no right to throw the flag.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts