Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Don't Like NASCAR? Join the minority...

NASCAR's rainoutcoverage beat the NBA game of the week and the PGA finals.

That's rainout coverage, folks...where the commentators waste time hoping that the race actually comes off.

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/20...a_ratings.html
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Don't Like NASCAR? Join the minority...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
NASCAR's rainoutcoverage beat the NBA game of the week and the PGA finals.

That's rainout coverage, folks...where the commentators waste time hoping that the race actually comes off.

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/20...a_ratings.html

its true!

my favorite used to be when TNN had coverage and they would just hand over the microphones to DW and r. wallace (this was when they were bothe driving) and let them roam around the garage for about an hour interviewing (harrassing) their fellow competitors. short of an actual race, it actually made for good t.v.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Thats great!... only I was one of the losers watching the coverage of the rain delay.

Last edited by BB2W; 03-24-2006 at 04:52 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I was one of those losers, too, BB2W...(lol)! I was at my parents' house visiting for the day and my Dad was mad because Pitt was losing, so we switched over to watch the rain delay coverage. I was upset I didn't get to see last week's race because I was at work on Monday.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

not a lot of ppl most of been watching tv that day lol, damn nascar is so damn boring, i think i rather watch WNBA or watch grass grow, then watch a car go in a circle 500 times (i know i know, there is more to it then just going into a circle, but i don't care it still bores the hell out of me)
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

That's just it, though...if you take a little time, read up on it, and watch for a few races, you'll find that it's not boring or stupid at all.

Hey, I was right there back in the early 90's (whenever the NBA strike was). Before that, I said the same exact things all the NASCAR hatah's say...then I gave it a chance, and realized I was wrong.

Anyway, the point remains. NASCAR is probably going to eventually eclipse every sport but football, and will end up as the second most popular sport in America.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
not a lot of ppl most of been watching tv that day lol, damn nascar is so damn boring, i think i rather watch WNBA or watch grass grow, then watch a car go in a circle 500 times (i know i know, there is more to it then just going into a circle, but i don't care it still bores the hell out of me)
Koopa, Suit is right. Give NASCAR a chance. You watch the Steelers with so much enthusiasm and passion, and NASCAR is a lot like that, especially when the drivers piss each other off and they start knockin? each other around the track...(lol). It?s fun to watch, and we all have our favorite driver, as well as a driver(s) who we love to hate, just like we have our teams that we love to hate in football.

When I first started following NASCAR, I knew absolutely nothing about the sport, and felt the same way you did. Just a bunch of guys driving around in circles. Nothing fascinating about that, huh? Then, a guy I was dating from Arlington, VA, at the time was a huge Bobby Labonte fan, and he would make me sit and watch the races with him on television and would explain things to me as they happened. He took me to races at dirt tracks in Hagerstown, MD, and Dog Hollow Speedway in Strongstown, PA, which is just down the road a bit from where I live, and I absolutely loved them. He would take me down close to the fence during the race so I could feel the dirt hitting my face. I know maybe that sounds weird for a girl to do, but it was such an exhilarating feeling and really got me into the race. I didn't even care that it messed up my makeup...(lol). He took me into the pits and to meet all the dirt track drivers. It was so cool. Then he took me to races at Jennerstown Speedway in Jennerstown, PA, which is an asphalt track. Finally, I graduated to the point where he took me to the NASCAR Nextel Cup races. When you?re at the track w/other fans, and you hear the start of the engines, you actually get goosebumps. It?s just so exciting?(lol)!

Check around in your area and see if there are any tracks, and then go to a race with an open mind. Doesn?t matter if it?s a dirt track or not. Just enjoy the experience. It will get your feet wet. I guarantee you?ll be hooked!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:47 AM   #8
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Koopa you wana see some action in nascar?? watch this sunday, you will not be disapointed. Bristol is the bumpin and bangin track. There will definatley be some carnage.
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
Koopa you wana see some action in nascar?? watch this sunday, you will not be disapointed. Bristol is the bumpin and bangin track. There will definatley be some carnage.
Second this...non-stop action for 3-4 hours.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
daleemnm
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 166

Watch tomorrow for sure. Great racing. Talladega and Daytona are great as well.