Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-27-2006, 07:47 AM   #21
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: bristol 500- who to watch/ who will win

Oh yeah, it's jokey as Hell to think of JG fighting...and, I know Kenseth is one of the cleanest drivers out there.

It's just Bristol, baby...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,849 Times in 3,716 Posts

race recap: what? no congratulatory threads for kurt bush? although rusty woulda been able to pass kenseth with no contact, it was still great to see the #2 in victory lane. is there room for end zone type dances at the start finish line after a race? appearantly kurt bush thinks so. one thing i will give him is that he has shown the utmost respect for r. penske, miller lite, his teammate, his new crew and most importantly, the legend that is rusty wallace. staying with the team trend of naming a car after a victory, his ride yesterday was appropriately dubbed "rusty"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
bristol needs to be domed. sure we dont wanna see 160,000 people in the largest sporting stadium in the u.s. and possibly the world, die because of carbon monoxide poisonning but that wrinkel can be ironed out. 2 days of qualifying and 2 days of "snow delays". (so much for picking gordon and newman giving me 15 fantasy points for a front row start)

kurt bush and the blue duece seem like the perfect match here at bristol. his last victory here, 4th of for in a row, he held off none other than rusty in the #2. this team is expecting a win and theyre in desperate need of a turn around to keep their hopes of making the playoffs alive.
kurt bush is now tied with jeff gordon for most wins at bristol among active drivers. i cant wait for the night race

while gordon will not have his 8th front row start in his last 9 visits here i will be looking for him to make a quick charge to the front.
while he never got out front gordon charged and was towards the front of the field for most of the day

jimmy johnson has never won here, and normally i wouldnt even mention him at this track but he has a reported virus so i will be looking for a michael jordanesque or tom brady like preformance as the wonderboy drives in the snowy weather with the sniffles.
jj proved to not be worth the mention. his problems started as soon as the race did with a flat tire. he then got into the wall and his day was essentially done. riding around in a piece of junk and attrition salvaged him a 30th place finish. i guess you actually have to win a few championships before you can have one of them super human jordanesque preformances while sick

tony stewart starts from the pole so i dont expect him to be dropping out of the top 5 too often.
steward dominated much of the day, leading the most laps. he lost the handle and faded after the last pit stop

matt kenseth has a killer car every weekend, in fact most roush drivers do. kenseth pretty much dominated the last race here.
kenseth stayed true to form and was the car to beat at the end. kudos to him for not bitching and whining after getting the crome horn treatment from a former teammate. kenseth was being honest when in post race interviews he said he wouldnt have bumped bush out of the way to get a win. he also was stand up about bumping gordon and immediately went to apologize even though i dont think he owed an apology to no one.

my darkhorses to watch are j. mcmurray (see the #97 teams 4 recent victories in a row). so much for kurts old ride being any help jeff green, (strong 15th place run amidst all the big dogs) and k. schrader(stayed up front with the leaders but could never get the lucky dog. bad luck relegated a strong driver and car to a 24th place finish) to have good runs. bobby labonte started well last week. maybe he gets a good finish this week. (5th place finish is great fot the 43 team. maybe labonte returns to his winning ways before too long). having just seen morning practice speeds my bold prediction is to expect a strong and maybe heated battle with gordon and bush (kurt) up front all day. and if you heard k.harvics comments on kurt yesterday, if he gets involved, watch out! the battles were heated, unfortunately for kenseth, he was the middleman between bush and gordon. harvick did try to get involved but had to settle for a 2nd place finish as he could never quite catch up to the leader

riggs, schrader, labonte, and green all in the top 10 of practice.... this is probably the week where alot of the hot rookies and 2nd year guys struggle.will someone please keep the 49 car off the track next week. that dude was spinning like a washing machine
but anyone can win at bristol. no makes or teams dominate this track and aerodynamics arent a factor. this track is all about the driver.

1. kurt bush 1st
2. j. gordon 21st-a sure top 5 was ruined bu a final lap spin. (not wreck like hed have you believe
3. m. kenseth 3rd- hey i just realised i accurately picked 2 finishes
4. t. stewart 12th stewart will cry the loudest if anyone does to him what he done to truex. good thing he is the on track racing cop
5. g. biffle 7th- perhaps the unsung story of the day. bad luck as the leader and a cut tire put him 3 laps down. he fought hard all day to get back into the top 10

but who to REALLY watch is in todays busch race. steven wallace (my driver of the future) makes his debut at his dads track. starting 3rd in the top flite #64, im sure he will be the fan favorite. in a show of force steven immediately got out front and then was quickly dumped as he slowed for the yellow flag. while he was junk after that he got valuable seat time and finished 33rd 10 laps down
next up- more beating and banging at martinsville . heres for sunny days and no delays.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I gotta roll with JG next week...he owns that track.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,849 Times in 3,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
the smart and safe $$$ will be on the 24 car, assuming he doesnt get suspended like harvick or spencer (yeah right, like nascar would ever suspend the golden child )
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #25
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

You know, I forgot about this, but Gordon did sock Mike Bliss at the airport after a race last year...Bliss even had a shiner for the next race.

Maybe the little spindly Gordon is a Tae Kwon Do master or something?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #26
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

J gordon is 5 foor nothing, I`m surprised he doesnt get B slapped
Old 03-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #27
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
is there room for end zone type dances at the start finish line after a race? appearantly kurt bush thinks so. one thing i will give him is that he has shown the utmost respect for r. penske, miller lite, his teammate, his new crew and most importantly, the legend that is rusty wallace. staying with the team trend of naming a car after a victory, his ride yesterday was appropriately dubbed "rusty"
Yea, that snow angel celebration was really manly. I'm sure Rusty is proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitanim
Hell yea, baby! And Jeff may just knock Kenseth off his pedestal. Either Jeff or Jimmie. I'd be happy w/either one in the points lead.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Go JUNIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Hey Cleve... Junior did pretty well yesterday. But Jeff Gordon is a REBEL...(lol)!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #30
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Come on Jeff Gordon, or me in a fight?????

I`d take Jeff only because he has tons of cash, so I would take a fall and sue! LOL

I`ll give you JJ, but I`m thinking JG is a twerp? Sorry