Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584
Default Re: Holmes game-winning big play should up today

Theres no doubting that he would have made our offense better.................Already missed in my opinion ! Hines is a beast and wallace is a deep threat, but he dont run routes at all ! I really wanted an Anquan Boldin because he is our type of player. But IT IS WHAT IT IS , we are a great TEAM anyway !
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Why is this thread on the Steelers forum? The dude's a Jet. Put this thread in the NFL forum where it belongs.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Why is this thread on the Steelers forum? The dude's a Jet. Put this thread in the NFL forum where it belongs.
Ill tell you why , IMO the man in your avatar should run like the guy being talked about here !
Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

We are fine without him...still have to have a QB to throw it to him so when we play them I think Sanchez will be on his ass a lot.
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #15
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i'm in agreement that although we miss Holmes, the Steelers have no place and will not tolerate "sideshows" like Holmes, T.O. Randy Moss, etc. It's no accident, as badly as we need another receiver, that we didn't even look at Moss.
That said, we still need to address this hole and add a big play receiver. We could afford to cut Randel El.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

Im glad we dont have drama filled receivers because look at the teams that have them...of course they are a big play threat but they ultimately pull a team down...the steelers have never been about the drama...hence why we have 6 rings....we can always replace them and I see wallace becoming that guy I really do see it. Heath Miller needs to step it up a bit and I think you will see wallace become that guy. Of course we need an offensive coordinator to draw the plays up...the talent is there just have to utilize them.
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #17
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_J View Post
Ill tell you why , IMO the man in your avatar should run like the guy being talked about here !
"Your man" cost the Steelers two games last season with drops and poor blitz recogniction. And Wallace after 24 career games is ahead of where Holmes was at the same point of his career in regards to yards and touchdowns. And "your man" unlike "my man" isn't a Steeler anymore so I could give a rats ass if he scored a a touchdown after 75 minutes of play against the Browns today. Speaking of which "my guy" was able to score his td against the browns in regulation.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #18
zulater
Team Owner

By the way the only reason Wallace is my avater is because I thought it was a really cool picture. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but as for my favorite Steelers he would probably be at least 10 or 12 down the list.

My current favorite Steelers would be Aaron Smith, followed closely by Troy Polamalu, and then Ben, even though he's been an ass at times in the not too recent past.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
By the way the only reason Wallace is my avater is because I thought it was a really cool picture. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but as for my favorite Steelers he would probably be at least 10 or 12 down the list.

My current favorite Steelers would be Aaron Smith, followed closely by Troy Polamalu, and then Ben, even though he's been an ass at times in the not too recent past.
Woo Aaron Smith
Gotta give it up for the guys in the trenches... My favorite player is anyone who can sacrifice themself for a team.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #20
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Quote:
"Your man" cost the Steelers two games last season with drops and poor blitz recogniction. And Wallace after 24 career games is ahead of where Holmes was at the same point of his career in regards to yards and touchdowns. And "your man" unlike "my man" isn't a Steeler anymore so I could give a rats ass if he scored a a touchdown after 75 minutes of play against the Browns today. Speaking of which "my guy" was able to score his td against the browns in regulation.

Your kidding right ? Holmes is a game breaker ! Wallace is a great speed guy and thats it as of now. I think after a few years he will get the route running down. When the games on the line Holmes has been great everytiime Holmes is far from MY GUY but im a realist and know when the games on the line id rather have holmes in the lineup than wallace ! Posession reciever > long ball gets my vote