Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: prepared??? Didn't seem like it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
the patriots have been predictable against us too, how many times do we get beat by the same gameplan before we adjust?
You know I think back to the past games that the Pats beat us and it wasn't like this. In the past we made crucial turnovers and back breaking ST's mistakes.

In this game we just got beat in every phase of the game. The only thing I see consistent from us this year is Arians laughable offense. We took on one of the worst run defenses in the league. We come out throwing and go 3 and out in 2 possessions. BAM down 10-0. Game over. The offense could have kept us in this game. The Pats did make mistakes in the 2nd quarter that a good offense should have taken advantage of.

Defensively the Pats were prepared for our blitzes. They had a dump off RB or TE on every play (imagine that Bruce!) They went after the most obvious mismatch (William Gay) They set up Gay to get him on their TE's and just schooled him. We were exposed tonight. I have faith Dick will right the ship....I have ZERO faith Arians will right the ship. Watch out NFL....here comes Bruce Arians high flying pass you to death offense. Expect 300+ yards from Ben every week now....along w/ 2-3 int's and 4-6 sacks. Tomlin being a defensive guy has no clue to manage an offensive game plan so he has NO ability to reign in Arians.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

the Pats were better prepared and executing the phases of the game, but the MAIN thing that hit me, and was very obvious, was that they (the Patriots) were fired up and had serious passion.
We did not. Looked like the walking dead out there...

Were they doing a casting call for Night of the Living Dead 6 and the Steelers were trying to get parts in the film??
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #13
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
They never look prepared. We lost to teams that the Browns demolished. I hated Tomilin being hired and I'm hating it even more now. They never have a good game plan. Where was the pass rush today? This team isn't super bowl caliber. Maybe we need to actually address our problems, like the offensive line and corners instead of drafting 3 linebackers and getting other team's rejects in free agency. We have serious problems and if you don't address it in the draft, then you address it in free agency. I guess we don't do either. Tomlin is a piss poor coach that won a ring off of the team that Cowher built. He is even more terrible for not realizing Arians is even more terrible then he is and that he should have been fired years ago. We have a much more talented team than the Browns, but why did they beat these teams that we have lost to? Because they have better coaches who actually prepare their team and that come up with a good game plan that plays to the strengths of the players they have. We obviously don't have that. If last year wasn't enough proof, then this year should pretty much spell it out.
I have to agree. I have never really been convinced by Tomlin. And, honestly, I don't like the guy. I don't find him to be the genuine article and I'm really tired of his cliches. Tonight, was kind of the last straw for me. I have never seen a coach appear so disinterested on the sideline. He almost looked bored. And clearly did he have any answers? No. Whereas, on the other sideline, I saw veteran leadership in Brady and Belicheck as they barked instructions to their players. The Steelers meanwhile took the approach of entitlement. Instead of willpower to overcome their shortcomings, they chose to hope to evolve towards a win. The lack of emotion, heart and any semblance of leadership was shocking to see.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #14
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I have to agree. I have never really been convinced by The lack of emotion, heart and any semblance of leadership was shocking to see.

absolutey true. Most of our players (and coaches), looked like they were in a coma out there.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #15
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
I have to agree. I have never really been convinced by Tomlin. And, honestly, I don't like the guy. I don't find him to be the genuine article and I'm really tired of his cliches. Tonight, was kind of the last straw for me. I have never seen a coach appear so disinterested on the sideline. He almost looked bored. And clearly did he have any answers? No. Whereas, on the other sideline, I saw veteran leadership in Brady and Belicheck as they barked instructions to their players. The Steelers meanwhile took the approach of entitlement. Instead of willpower to overcome their shortcomings, they chose to hope to evolve towards a win. The lack of emotion, heart and any semblance of leadership was shocking to see.
The problem with Tomlin is he has no power or say. Arians and LeBeau control their parts of the team, and I think that's why Tomlin appears that way on the sidelines. Belichick owns his team from top to bottom right now. They officially have no DC or OC, just position coaches calling the plays.

Tomlin seems like he doesn't prepare that well though, he's more of a captain of a ship who expects his coaches to do what they are supposed to do while me makes sure nothing goes wrong and the ship doesn't sink. Essentially thats what Cowher did, but he motivated everyone to play their hearts out, and Tomlin did that but he just seems lackluster the past couple games.

I'd actually like to see Gruden on this team next year, he prepares more than any coach ever. If he was the offensive coordinator, he'd really help this team a lot. Tomlin will be here for years, like the 2 coaches before him, so lets hope he surrounds himself with good talent.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #16
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
The problem with Tomlin is he has no power or say. Arians and LeBeau control their parts of the team, and I think that's why Tomlin appears that way on the sidelines. Belichick owns his team from top to bottom right now. They officially have no DC or OC, just position coaches calling the plays.

Tomlin seems like he doesn't prepare that well though, he's more of a captain of a ship who expects his coaches to do what they are supposed to do while me makes sure nothing goes wrong and the ship doesn't sink. Essentially thats what Cowher did, but he motivated everyone to play their hearts out, and Tomlin did that but he just seems lackluster the past couple games.

I'd actually like to see Gruden on this team next year, he prepares more than any coach ever. If he was the offensive coordinator, he'd really help this team a lot. Tomlin will be here for years, like the 2 coaches before him, so lets hope he surrounds himself with good talent.
As much as I'd love to see Gruden, I don't think he'd leave for an OC position. I see what you mean with Tomlin as the captain of the ship. Tonight he looked like had too much seafood.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,457 Times in 3,544 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i don't think tomlin looks disinterested, to me it looks like a look of doubt or fear. i could swear it looks like he wants to ****in cry sometimes. that can't be rubbing off well on the players

tomlin is starting to get on my shit list as well mainly because he is the head coach but damn sure doesn't seem to assert himself as the leader of the ship. I've not once seen him override anything arians or lebeau are doing. As the HC this is your team, at least act like it.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #18
TRH
Living Legend

i'd love to see the Steelers fire Tomlin and hire Gruden. He'd be perfect in Pittsburgh.

Thats a moon-shot though. Never happen. The Rooney's love Tomlin and he still has a pretty good overrall record.
We would have to lose every remaining game like 50-0 for them to even consider it.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #19
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
As much as I'd love to see Gruden, I don't think he'd leave for an OC position. I see what you mean with Tomlin as the captain of the ship. Tonight he looked like had too much seafood.
I was just using Gruden to emphasize Tomlin needing talented coaches around him. Arians better be gone soon, LeBeau will be retiring soon, if not this year, I don't know who will take that spot, the better 3-4 coaches are gone or on other teams, and the Steelers haven't played a 4-3 since 1981. So it will be interesting to see what happens.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #20
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,457 Times in 3,544 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

collinsworth nailed it on the head saying this team ran on emotion whereas the pats are more cerebral in their approach. basically another way of saying we're poorly coached

maybe we need ward to act like he's gonna retire next year so the team plays like they did for jerome's sendoff
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote