Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #31
SteelMusic
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 9792
Default Re: prepared??? Didn't seem like it....

You know...it chapped my ass to hear callers on the Fan all complaining about the the D. They can only hold up for so long. I left left the game after the int. Our Offense left our D out to dry. Get rid of Arians NOW; if not, than we need to look at the HC.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #32
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,629 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMusic View Post
You know...it chapped my ass to hear callers on the Fan all complaining about the the D. They can only hold up for so long. I left left the game after the int. Our Offense left our D out to dry. Get rid of Arians NOW; if not, than we need to look at the HC.
sorry but the D shit the bed this game as well. They allowed TD's on the pats opening drive, and their first drive of the 3rd quarter. Inexcusable for a team that prides itself on defense if you ask me.

anyway i'm going to sleep, the more i think about this game the more pissed i get
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 AM   #33
SteelMusic
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 9792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
sorry but the D shit the bed this game as well. They allowed TD's on the pats opening drive, and their first drive of the 3rd quarter. Inexcusable for a team that prides itself on defense if you ask me.

anyway i'm going to sleep, the more i think about this game the more pissed i get

F&c% pride. Get the job done. As an OC, if you know you have an aging defense, run the ball. But don't just run it to say we ran it; mix it up and get creative...something Arians never does.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #34
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
F&c% pride. Get the job done. As an OC, if you know you have an aging defense, run the ball. But don't just run it to say we ran it; mix it up and get creative...something Arians never does.
I know run on first down all the time. They'll never expect that.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #35
SteelCurtain
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 571

Quote:
QFT...

That is all...
QFT?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #36
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

I thought that we'd be better prepared than we ended up looking. It didn't take a genius to work out that the Pats were going to spread the field and throw 6-8 yard passes all over the place - what else could they do? They've no deep threat and they've no running game to speak of, so they've got no choice. Yet we still ended up sat too deep in the secondary and watched Gay flail around and being handed his ass by Brady. Not pretty.

For a team without a pass rush either, they did a decent job getting to Ben, that's as much about injuries as anything, I think, but they still stunk. And don't mention Reed to me - he's playing like he's already bound for the CFL. We got owned by a team who always seem to own us, and it's getting old.

We've gone from a team looking good for home field advantage to a team looking like it has personnel holes all over the place. Over-reaction? I guess we'll see next weekend, Oakland have hardly been our favourite opponents in the last few years, and they're coming off a bye week. We need to get at they a lot more effectively than we did last night, because 13-3 becomes 8-8 damned quick in this league if you're not prepared.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #37
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
I thought that we'd be better prepared than we ended up looking. It didn't take a genius to work out that the Pats were going to spread the field and throw 6-8 yard passes all over the place - what else could they do? They've no deep threat and they've no running game to speak of, so they've got no choice. Yet we still ended up sat too deep in the secondary and watched Gay flail around and being handed his ass by Brady. Not pretty.

rodney harrison even said in pregame, that the way to beat the pats is to play man to man press coverage. the thing that REALLY pisses me off, is although brady already lit em for 200 by the half , with the dink and dunk shit all the way to the endzone , the steelers still gave it to them after the half...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #38
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

The Steelers are an average team that can't beat superior teams, period. The Saints, the Pats, and we've got the Ravens, Jets, and an up and coming hungry team in the Browns - and the Bengals looking for revenge. The future does not look good for this team. SBXLV? Don't think so.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 AM   #39
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,030 Times in 414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
The Steelers are an average team that can't beat superior teams, period. The Saints, the Pats, and we've got the Ravens, Jets, and an up and coming hungry team in the Browns - and the Bengals looking for revenge. The future does not look good for this team. SBXLV? Don't think so.
Forgot the Raiders
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #40
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Losing to the Pats wasn't a surprise to me. As usual, they outplayed and outcoached us, period.
I'm very worried about the 2nd half of the season. Is this gonna be another collapse after starting 6-2? Will we rebound against the Raiders? The Raiders have also a tendency to beat us pretty much every time we face them ..........
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote