Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #1
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 340
Default What do the Steelers need????

What do the Steelers need to do to finally win a SuperBowl?? I personally think that they need to go in with a chip on their shoulder. What really helped the Steelers win last year was their unity towards one another. And thats why the Steelers are such a good football team, they are all like family and that makes them special. They need to use last year as their motivator. I don't know about you, but going 15 games undefeated and then losing to the Pats...but not only that, to see the Pats celebrate on OUR field, at OUR home...was heartbreaking. And I think the Steelers should use that memory to motivate them to not want to feel that again. What do you think?

~AllAmer~
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #2
Ironman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 320
Default Re: What do the Steelers need????

I agree with all of what you said... on top of that... I think we need to solidify the offensive line... I think Duce and the Bus need to stay healthy... I think Ben needs to prove early on that last year was not a fluke and maintain his confidence... I think we need another hard-hitting safety to compliment Polomalu. I think we need to throw to the new TE. Other than all that, we're set. :)
Old 06-14-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

All good points Ironman. And AAG I do think a little attitude couldn`t hurt. I think a good cover corner(s) so that our safeties could roam around a little more like Troy does. Hopefully McFadden and Townsend or Coc will work just fine. I beleive we do need to stick to our gameplan running the ball, clock management, and great pressure D. But also change if needed depending on the other team. And lets hope we don`t hear the word CONSERVATIVE this season.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

All extremely good points guys. The ones I'm big on are keep that chip on your shoulder, ben show them you're the best out there, pass to our TE, and stay healthy
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

I agree Prosdo...but I think the #1 thing is for Ben to prove he is not a 1 yr. wonder. He needs to go out there and show everyone that he can bounce back after the playoffs and still be as stong as he was last year! I think with our improved offense and the expanded playbook, we will see that. I think if that happens the rest should fall into place.
And I don't think we have anything to worry about with them going in without a chip on their shoulder...esp. with the lack of respect they are getting right now! They will be fired up this season to prove that they were 15-1 good last year, and a SB contender this year!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:44 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Healthy, that is probably the key. Its not always the best team throughout the season, its who remains healthy,
Old 06-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

What we need...

Ben to not digress or get a big head from the success he has last year.. we need him to play w/in his means and let this team mates help him

The OL needs to stay healthy w/ all 5 starters playing together the whole year w/ minimal or no injuries

Duce to stay healthy so Bettis stays healthy when we need them both.

Randle EL to step up to the plate this year.

The young secondary to hit hard use their youth and speed to make up for some of the inexperience especially in the nickle and dime.

Coach cowher to not get consertative at the wrong times or too early.

Whisenhunt to allow ben enough freedom and enough of the playbook to have as many options as possible on every play.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:32 AM   #8
STEEL-MAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 391

The Steelers need to balance their season and not burnout before the playoffs. The team needs to start well, glide for a while then build steam going into the playoffs. The thing I've noticed about BC teams around playoff time is that they struggle to pick it up; they play like the tank is empty. BC should spend some time learning what it takes to prepare a team for the season that includes a playoff period; a few lessons from Knoll wouldn't hurt, NE did! I hate sounding old school but the Steelers of the 70's were the best at knowing when to bring it, when to pick it up, they knew how to hold a little back for a later time, balance! Great coaches and teams find balance and find a way to play their best when it matters.
STEEL-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #9
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Healthy, that is probably the key. Its not always the best team throughout the season, its who remains healthy,
^^^^^Absolutely the #1 thing.

I believe they have all the pieces. If people perform like they did last year, we will be fine.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

A strong OL. I feel that is where our season goes. Just look back at the 3 seasons we didn't make the playoffs. Our OL wasn't the best.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote