Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #11
SteelCurtain
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 571
Default Re: Lebeau's Game Plan Stunk

Lebdau never adjusts at halftime. That is why we consistently shut out most teams in the first half, then the other team adjusts at halftime, and then we get torched in the second half. It has happened time and time again. He is not a good game plan adjuster in the game or at the half.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

I honestly don't know what LeBeau's game plan even was? We literally tapped out from the start of the game, and we didn't even come CLOSE to getting to Tom Brady. One of the most "feared" and sack heavy defensive's couldn't even sniff a hint of Tom Brady's vagina so that was very hard and very frustrating to watch to its MAX.

In fact, the Patriots looked like the Steelers D. Having a pitiful 13 sack performance ALL SEASON, they get 5 tonight! 5! Unreal.

This was a total ASS WHOOPIN from start to finish, top to bottom. We were banged up so incredibly hard with injuries to the o-line that we should of just went out with 9 guys on offense since our left tackle and right guard just looked at the Heinz Field lights all day. DUrrRr Durr Durr!

Bad.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

but for some reason...LeBeau's untouchable. Dare criticize him and you yourself will get torched by all the fanboys.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Dick Lebeau needs to go. His schemes and game planning sucks these days. I don't care if we can stop every team on the ground. It doesn't matter not many backs run for over 100+ yards anyways these days. Our Pass D sucks and has sucked for awhile.

William Gay couldn't cover a senior citizen. Beat how many times by a tight end? lmao

I see why McFadden was let go by the Cards. He gets beat left and right.

Did yall see that random Polamalu blitz at the end of the game? Where was that when we couldn't get no pressure throughout the game?

I think this whole coaching staff needs to be thrown in the trash. Tomlin is still basically working off of Cowhers team and its starting to crumble.
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #15
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: Gay gave up 3 TDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
belichick just owns lebeau. period. we can never stop brady and he still insists on using 10 yard cushions against a spread dink and dunk offense. we get beat constently by quick hitters, go figure
+1 This exactly
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #16
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

Quote:
William Gay couldn't cover a senior citizen. Beat how many times by a tight end?
Uh, yeah. That's what you call a MIS-MATCH. William Gay isn't that great to begin with, but that was obviously the matchup N.E wanted. Gay was the weak link ( has been for years) and it's hard to matchup a corner on a tight end that out weights you by 200 pounds and has a major height advantage. Credit N.E for executing the matchup! Also, is Bryant McFadden's head still stuck in Arizona? It's time to go after corners soon!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #17
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

At some point you have to give some credit to Brady. Some of those throws he made tonight were ridiculous. I don't like to say that because I can't stand the guy but jesus he was throwing balls that no defender could touch. Plus he did it quickly and calmly. He knows his offense. He can see the whole field. He never panics. He's the opposite of Ben. I'm not saying Ben is a horrible QB....but his skill set is totally different then Brady.

Once Brady picked us apart and we couldn't do anything about it...the mental mistakes started happening on defense. We could have blitzed him on every play and Brady would have just dumped it off to his TE's or RB's all night and killed us that way. (oh wait...he did) That's why we didn't blitz like mad. And when we did Harrison and Woodley were not able to get any pressure.

The pats had a great game plan...we didn't. The Pats QB played a spectacular game....ours didn't. Game over.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,671 Times in 2,413 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
At some point you have to give some credit to Brady. Some of those throws he made tonight were ridiculous. I don't like to say that because I can't stand the guy but jesus he was throwing balls that no defender could touch. Plus he did it quickly and calmly. He knows his offense. He can see the whole field. He never panics. He's the opposite of Ben. I'm not saying Ben is a horrible QB....but his skill set is totally different then Brady.

Once Brady picked us apart and we couldn't do anything about it...the mental mistakes started happening on defense. We could have blitzed him on every play and Brady would have just dumped it off to his TE's or RB's all night and killed us that way. (oh wait...he did) That's why we didn't blitz like mad. And when we did Harrison and Woodley were not able to get any pressure.

The pats had a great game plan...we didn't. The Pats QB played a spectacular game....ours didn't. Game over.
we just don't have the personnel to beat the pats. i don't know if the blitz is effective against a qb who always gets rid of it so quickly. defenses like the jets that are deep in the secondary and bring in extra fast DB's give him the most problems.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:10 AM   #19
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Uh, yeah. That's what you call a MIS-MATCH. William Gay isn't that great to begin with, but that was obviously the matchup N.E wanted. Gay was the weak link ( has been for years) and it's hard to matchup a corner on a tight end that out weights you by 200 pounds and has a major height advantage. Credit N.E for executing the matchup! Also, is Bryant McFadden's head still stuck in Arizona? It's time to go after corners soon!
He couldn't run with their TE!!!
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #20
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
The thing with corners is that there are as many corner busts out of the draft as there are quarterbacks and running backs. Its really hard to find a Revis type player and them to be good in the NFL. Steelers need to get some draft picks this year. Patriots stock up on draft picks every year and it pays off, Steelers need to start doing this.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote