Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #11
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 332 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

Where were you idiots last week when LaMarr had 2 sacks? And lets see, with A.Smith and Brett Keisel out the 2 retards that are there backups don't take up any slack so Woodley and Harrison are held and double teamed because the rest of the line gets no push and our trash for CBs couldn't cover Refrigerator Perry! Woodley has 5.5 sacks 1 INT, Harrison has 7.0 1 INTand Timmons 3.0 sacks 2 INTs! It's funny that our LB corp has just as many INTs as the CBs do: 4! Even Keisel has 1 and Troy has the other 2! I usually agree w MOP but you just lost me....
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #12
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,391
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 98
Thanked 222 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldman View Post
Woodley has always started the season slowly, and turned it on later. I think teams are keeping two TE's in, and doubling Harrison/Woodley

started slow, then "turned it on" later? Thats no excuse....
I want someone who "turns it on" every game.

He doesn't look as ripped as he did last year either. Maybe he has been frequenting MacDonalds...
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer
 
steelcity1974's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 295
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9669
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Polamalu has had his play restricted, as Colinsworth said during the game. Timmons is the new Troy in this defense, Troy has been playing more like a saftey while Timmons has taken over that rrole which he roams the field.
The problem with that is no quarterback will throw to the side of the field Troy is on, but the other side of the field has Clark/Gay, and neither is that good in coverage.

Harrison seem to be double teamed a lot more because Keisel isn't in the game.

Woodley just seems out of shape to me. He used to just throw offensive tackles to the ground. He still does that, but not as much.
Can you explain what you and Colinsworth mean by this? I'm not disputing you, I honestly want to know what you mean. QBs throw to Troy's side all the time. Palmer did. Brees did. Brady did. Is this comment an excuse for Troy's bad play?
__________________
steelcity1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #14
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,631
Member Number: 11678
Thanks: 54
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

So we blitz the LB's, they both get held, Brady toss's underneath.

How many plays are they held? there was maybe 1 holding call on Harrison or Woodley. the fact is, they played piss poor, poor defense scheme by Lebeau, poor execution.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
Can you explain what you and Colinsworth mean by this? I'm not disputing you, I honestly want to know what you mean. QBs throw to Troy's side all the time. Palmer did. Brees did. Brady did. Is this comment an excuse for Troy's bad play?
Troy is playing more of a saftey, as in he is usually givin a play and he does what he's told other than the play usually having no one single thing he's supposed to do as he is usually all over the field doing what he sees fit from his film study.
Timmons has taken more of that role, though there are still plays called in where Troy can do what he wants and sometimes he does what he wants regardless of what LeBeau calls, but his play in geneneral is ristricted as he is playing 20 yards off the ball than his normal 5-10 yards off the ball.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
Atranox
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 69
Member Number: 15471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Where were you idiots last week when LaMarr had 2 sacks? And lets see, with A.Smith and Brett Keisel out the 2 retards that are there backups don't take up any slack so Woodley and Harrison are held and double teamed because the rest of the line gets no push and our trash for CBs couldn't cover Refrigerator Perry! Woodley has 5.5 sacks 1 INT, Harrison has 7.0 1 INTand Timmons 3.0 sacks 2 INTs! It's funny that our LB corp has just as many INTs as the CBs do: 4! Even Keisel has 1 and Troy has the other 2! I usually agree w MOP but you just lost me....
Do you not watch the games? Sorry, but uncontested sacks don't impress me.

Here are Woodley's stats game by game:

vs Falcons - 2 solos, 1 assist, 1 sack
vs Titans - 2 solo, 1 assist, 1 sack
vs Bucs - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
vs Ravens - 2 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
vs Browns - 1 solo, 0 assists, 1.5 sacks
vs Dolphins - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
vs Saints - 2 solos, 0 assists, 0 sacks
vs Bengals - 0 solos, 1 assist, 2 sacks
vs Pats - 1 solo, 2 assists, 0 sacks
TOTAL = 12 solos, 10assists, 5.5 sacks

I mean...seriously? What a joke. He literally has as 2 more tackles on the entire season as Harrison had in the Titans game alone.

As a comparison, here are Harrison's numbers:

vs Falcons - 4 solos, 5 assist, 1 sack
vs Titans - 10 solo, 1 assist, 2 sack
vs Bucs - 3 solo, 0 assist, 0 sacks
vs Ravens - 3 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
vs Browns - 9 solo, 2 assists, 2 sacks
vs Dolphins - 3 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
vs Saints - 4 solos, 1 assists, 1 sack
vs Bengals - 4 solos, 2 assist, 1 sacks
vs Pats - 6 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
TOTAL = 46 solos, 20 assists, 7 sacks
Atranox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #17
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 1,186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1192
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

He's been on Facebook
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,274
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 90
Thanked 420 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

anyone who thinks Woodley is playing like he deserves that huge signing bonus he wants is nuts. he better pick his play up and fast because he dosnt look like a top OLB this year
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,391
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 98
Thanked 222 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
anyone who thinks Woodley is playing like he deserves that huge signing bonus he wants is nuts. he better pick his play up and fast because he dosnt look like a top OLB this year

he's definitely de-valuing his situation.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #20
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 332 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Where's Woodley Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atranox View Post
Do you not watch the games? Sorry, but uncontested sacks don't impress me.

Here are Woodley's stats game by game:

vs Falcons - 2 solos, 1 assist, 1 sack
vs Titans - 2 solo, 1 assist, 1 sack
vs Bucs - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
vs Ravens - 2 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
vs Browns - 1 solo, 0 assists, 1.5 sacks
vs Dolphins - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
vs Saints - 2 solos, 0 assists, 0 sacks
vs Bengals - 0 solos, 1 assist, 2 sacks
vs Pats - 1 solo, 2 assists, 0 sacks
TOTAL = 12 solos, 10assists, 5.5 sacks

I mean...seriously? What a joke. He literally has as 2 more tackles on the entire season as Harrison had in the Titans game alone.

As a comparison, here are Harrison's numbers:

vs Falcons - 4 solos, 5 assist, 1 sack
vs Titans - 10 solo, 1 assist, 2 sack
vs Bucs - 3 solo, 0 assist, 0 sacks
vs Ravens - 3 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
vs Browns - 9 solo, 2 assists, 2 sacks
vs Dolphins - 3 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
vs Saints - 4 solos, 1 assists, 1 sack
vs Bengals - 4 solos, 2 assist, 1 sacks
vs Pats - 6 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
TOTAL = 46 solos, 20 assists, 7 sacks

And gee, I guess the double teams he faces the majority of plays don't account for anything? And again, with the bums Eason and Hood trying to play Smith and Keisel's spots, there is no help on the line to take up some of the double teams these guys get! If they can't push forward and take away that, NO ONE is going to get to the QB... I don't care if its flipping Superman!!!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts