Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,531 Times in 2,346 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default ESSUX needs to be benched

Seriously, why is this guy the starter? It seems like on almost every negative play we have, he's always the one who missed the block or gets beaten. Legursky has played ok replacing him, but definitely better than Essex. Why isn't Legursky the starter? Because he's the backup center and we're screwed if pouncey goes down (god forbid)?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: ESSUX needs to be benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Seriously, why is this guy the starter? It seems like on almost every negative play we have, he's always the one who missed the block or gets beaten. Legursky has played ok replacing him, but definitely better than Essex. Why isn't Legursky the starter? Because he's the backup center and we're screwed if pouncey goes down (god forbid)?
Because... I don't know really... Maybe Legursky doesn't know the whole playbook? But he did way better than Essex has done... But if I recall he had a lot of holding calls which may be why he isn't starting...
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,531 Times in 2,346 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Because... I don't know really... Maybe Legursky doesn't know the whole playbook? But he did way better than Essex has done... But if I recall he had a lot of holding calls which may be why he isn't starting...
he should know the whole playbook, he's been with us for long enough. holding calls are a killer, but so are negative plays with loss of downs. i thought legursky did way better than trai
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
he should know the whole playbook, he's been with us for long enough. holding calls are a killer, but so are negative plays with loss of downs. i thought legursky did way better than trai
I really don't know, thats the only stuff could even think of... Offensive line coach should know better... unless Arians has last say over who starts...

Trai has his signs of greatness but then his signs of terribleness... There's no inbetween. Legursky has a middle ground and is a solid player... Maybe they want someone who shines sometimes on the off chance everyone else shines its a big play? That seems to be what this offense is based of off. A bunch of bad plays and a couple big plays, no middle ground.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
HOFCitySteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 13855

Personally, I think they're both awful. Offensive line and Cornerback has been our weakness for some time now. Think if we had the Starting 5 from the mid 90's right now. Unstoppabel!!!! We need to get some new Offensive linemen asap.
HOFCitySteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFCitySteelers View Post
Personally, I think they're both awful. Offensive line and Cornerback has been our weakness for some time now. Think if we had the Starting 5 from the mid 90's right now. Unstoppabel!!!! We need to get some new Offensive linemen asap.
If we had the 5 that started in 2004 we'd be unstoppable.. but players want too much money. Pouncey and Kemo have potential to be great. Steelers need a starting left tackle so starks can move back to right tackle, and then really all there is to worry about is right guard, and Legursky has the ability to be a starting left guard if he gets some more work.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #7
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Won't Help us this year but,

Let's hope Maurkice's brother Mike is there in the draft for us to get as our next starting Right Guard.

Let's hope we don't sign Colon to a long term deal coming off an achilles injury (he will never be the same).

Let's hope we can get a starting O'Tackle somewhere early in the draft as well.

The Steelers may finally see the light with Pouncey as to what kind of player can come out of a high round offensive lineman draft pick.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

hard to bench somebody when we don't have anybody else to play.
We're almost to the point of recruiting available high school O-Linemen who aren't injured
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:

I say we bench our entire line not named Pouncey and just let Ben run for his life back there. Same thing anyhow. Hell, our most explosive player couldn't even be on the field because of our piss-poor offensive line( Mendenhall.) We got our man in Pouncey, I think it's time to go after lineman, by lineman, by lineman, by lineman, by lineman.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

We should have gone after linemen for the past three drafts. I had high hopes last year after we picked Pouncey in the first round, but the selections after that just left me scratching my head.

Still, Pouncey was a good pick.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote