Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Time to panic?

Since the bye week.....

Beat up Cleveland

Saved by the refs in Miami

Spanked in NO

Snuck by a bad Cinci team and looked bad doing it.

Embarrassed by NE

If it were not for 1 really bad call by the refs we are 5-4 right now. If you are 5-4 at the half way point it would be panic time. I think given the trend of us playing worse as the season goes on....it is panic time. We need to right the ship soon or our season is over. We can only lose 3 more games this season and have any hope to make the playoffs. With how we've looked the past month I have a hard time believing we'll win 3 more games.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,474 Times in 3,548 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Time to panic?

now is the time to be really concerned.

if we lose to the raiders next week, then it's time to panic. though tbh this season is looking a lot like last year's, strong start but after a bad rash of injuries, splat. Every team has injuries, but we don't have replacements that ever step up.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
now is the time to be really concerned.

if we lose to the raiders next week, then it's time to panic
I was concerned after seeing us against a really bad Cinci team. Yea we won, but it wasn't pretty. It was VERY obvious that Cinci team is REALLY bad. A legit playoff team runs the ball down cinci's throat. We should have been able to run on NE, but that didn't happen either.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,474 Times in 3,548 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
I was concerned after seeing us against a really bad Cinci team. Yea we won, but it wasn't pretty. It was VERY obvious that Cinci team is REALLY bad. A legit playoff team runs the ball down cinci's throat. We should have been able to run on NE, but that didn't happen either.
true but if this loss doesn't wake the team up, then pretty much it's game over for this season. Last week maybe our players thought they could play like shit and still win. maybe against the bengals, but not the patriots.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

The ONLY comfort I have right now is that no team in the AFC really looks the part of a legit SB winner.

NE, Indy, Jets, and Ravens are definitely the teams to beat right now. But none of them have been consistent. So we have time to fix things...I Just for some reason don't have faith in Tomlin and his staff of being capable of fixing this to the point were we are legit SB contenders. After the last month I'm seriously wondering if we can win 10 games.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #6
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

I pushed the panic button three weeks ago. This team has been winning ugly. And tonight they were thoroughly exposed. The offense is the Achilles heel. The unit is quite simply pathetic. And it has been that way for weeks. The mounting injuries is also crippling. The slide will begin now.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #7
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

The only way to beat NE is to score points and sustain drives. Our offense has not done that consistently against anyone season and we are going into week 10.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #8
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,283 Times in 628 Posts

Admittedly, I had them losing to the Saints, Pats, and Ravens down the stretch and making the Playoffs at 12-4 most likely as a WC

so I shouldn't be surprised by anything yet.............

that was until we started playing at this god awful level again.....The level of play is just disgusting for a Steelers team...hell for most NFL teams.....We're actually regressing.....or maybe we were always this bad and were just lucky to avoid top notch qbs like Brady and Brees until now......

The 09 Steelers are back and better then ever....until proven otherwise IMO

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

The injuries stacking up are VERY concerning and getting to the ridiculous point.

Tomlin needs to step up to the plate and make some kind of statement lighting some serious FIRE and passion up in this team.
The "listlessness" and "non-chalant" attitude it looks like they have is actually the thing causing me panic....
TRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
BritishSteel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
The injuries stacking up are VERY concerning and getting to the ridiculous point.

Tomlin needs to step up to the plate and make some kind of statement lighting some serious FIRE and passion up in this team.
As long as the words 'unleash' and 'hell' aren't in there!

We're a beat up team, who are showing now that we're short on back-ups in key areas. Part of it is bad luck, part of it is having ageing players on both lines (Thank God we took Pouncey in Rd1 last year - I wanted us to go for Earl Thomas) and that compounds the injury situation, part of it is lack of talent in key positions and part of it is coaching.

We are still in the mix-up though, even with last nights f**k-up fresh in the mind - The Pats showed against the Browns what we showed against the Pats - that there are no elite teams in the AFC. It's still there if we want it badly enough. The question is, do we want it badly enough? And that's where your HC earns the big bucks, and last night's game proved why Bellicheat, for a much as I loathe him, is still the best head coach in the NFL - now Tomlin needs to step up.

For what it's worth, I think we'll finish 11-5, with loses against the Jets and the Rats, but make it as a wild card. For that to happen, we'll need to show a lot more than we did last night - the Raiders and Browns are both plenty good enough to beat us on last night's showing.