Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247
Default Re: Farrior: Steelers ‘couldn’t stop anything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Your criticism of Brady is way off. I can think of one instance where he begged and whined for a flag and got a call via favoritism. That was vs. the Ravens last year in their regular season matchup.

As for whining on the sidelines, you can't respect a team leader that gets fired up and fires up the players around him?

I wish we would have had somebody on the Steelers sideline doing that last night. Anybody trying to get a spark going or something.
Brady was lighting guys up because they didn't convert a 3rd down, and look at how they performed in general, a lot better than us.

As for your other conjecture, that Manning and Brady are only elite QBs because of their offensive lines. That's a statement that can't be proven with rationality, so we can leave it on the floor with the rest of the speculation where it belongs. Didn't you notice Brady releasing the ball pretty quickly last night? A lot of us have said it before but Ben is not as good as other QBs at quickly finding the open zone and getting passes out on time, his great talent is in making time to help create a play. Manning and Brady are much better at the former.
I can respect a leader, just not one who carriers on like he does. He is exactly like Ovechkin "off skates" I never said Manning and Brady were elite "only" because of their O lines. Reread my "CONJECTURE" And rewatch the game from last night and you'll see Harrison went into the pile, Timmons went into the pile to drive it back and Brady was right there pointing at the head lines man for a flag. Give me a friking break. Let the guys call the game. He does this game in and game out. I never see Manning asking for flags. Brady is a primadonna. Rewatch the tape and watch Brandy be atch (that means Bitch) and then conjecture your thoughts once they are educated.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #22
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
false.

eagles, patriots, cowboys, giants, ravens, browns, cinci, etc.

all sorts of teams send the house and kitchen sink vs the steelers. pretty much been the story ever since we got rid of a true fullback.

but like in the case of defeating the zone blitz, all teams dont have the people or talent to pull off the scheme successfully.
Browns are terrible at it, and only did it 3 times the last steelers game.
Cinicy does it when they are down, they play conservative most of the game.
Cowboys just suck and can't do anything right.
Giants did it well, Eagles have always done it well, Patriots doit in a fashion that confuses Ben.

Teams that do it the most are the ones that beat the Steelers. Cinicy could have beat the Steelers if they did it earlier in the game. Ravens constantly destroy Steeler offenses, and they actually get more sacks when they only rush 3 than when they rush 6. Teams will do it more often. Its not that they do it, every team has atleast 1 or 2 all out blitzes a game, but to do it constantly takes a lot of skill and balls and I have yet to see many teams do it this year except the last 3 games.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,384 Times in 1,051 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

we sucked they kicked our ass
we were outcoached
we were outplayed
and i dont think the team wanted to be there
they knew they could not win
did not prepared for the game and it showed
nothing we can do about it anymore
get ready because WE ARE GONNA UNLEASH HELL
vs the raiders
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #24
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
I can respect a leader, just not one who carriers on like he does. He is exactly like Ovechkin "off skates" I never said Manning and Brady were elite "only" because of their O lines. Reread my "CONJECTURE" And rewatch the game from last night and you'll see Harrison went into the pile, Timmons went into the pile to drive it back and Brady was right there pointing at the head lines man for a flag. Give me a friking break. Let the guys call the game. He does this game in and game out. I never see Manning asking for flags. Brady is a primadonna. Rewatch the tape and watch Brandy be atch (that means Bitch) and then conjecture your thoughts once they are educated.
First, the accusation that my ideas are "uneducated" in contrast to yours isn't even laughable, it's just crude and hard to believe.

Next, you said "what seperates Brady is the offensive line". Leading me to believe the only difference you see between Ben and Brady is the 5 guys up front.

Now, can you give me a link to the moment in the game you are talking about with Brady> I am interested in watching it.

I also noticed in your post you had ample emotional reactions to Brady saying things like "I hate him as much as anyone or anything". Pretty strong feelings for a guy who is just doing his job, and doing it at a high level.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #25
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
we sucked they kicked our ass
we were outcoached
we were outplayed
and i dont think the team wanted to be there
they knew they could not win
did not prepared for the game and it showed
nothing we can do about it anymore
get ready because WE ARE GONNA UNLEASH HELL
vs the raiders
WE ARE GONNA UNLEASH HELL.......Heard that many times before...

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #26
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
First, the accusation that my ideas are "uneducated" in contrast to yours isn't even laughable, it's just crude and hard to believe.

Next, you said "what seperates Brady is the offensive line". Leading me to believe the only difference you see between Ben and Brady is the 5 guys up front.

Now, can you give me a link to the moment in the game you are talking about with Brady> I am interested in watching it.

I also noticed in your post you had ample emotional reactions to Brady saying things like "I hate him as much as anyone or anything". Pretty strong feelings for a guy who is just doing his job, and doing it at a high level.
"Crude and hard to believe" because I called you uneducated ? Are you really a football fan? Get over the crudeness or move on. Don't put words in my mouth, or make assumptions. Read them as they appear. "What separates" does not imply "the only difference." There is more than one instance as I mentioned so "the moment" in the game could constitute a multiple of choices. As far as providing you with a link to the exact location in the game, yeah that will happen. Ask others on this board and I'm sure you'll hear it opposite as you think. Maybe you can read my emotions a little further when I tell you to wake up and post on a site where you make sense. You are seriously being critical of my words of hatred for Brady as pretty strong? Not as strong as the tea and crumpets that you're trying to force feed us football fans. Wake up private Pyle and look around you. And you mention laughable, crude and hard to believe?? We'll allow others to read your concern and shake their heads in disbelief of your babble. This will be my last reply to you as I'm in disbelief of your poor football knowledge. Put that in your conjuncture pipe and smoke it.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #27
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
"Crude and hard to believe" because I called you uneducated ? Are you really a football fan? Get over the crudeness or move on. Don't put words in my mouth, or make assumptions. Read them as they appear. "What separates" does not imply "the only difference." There is more than one instance as I mentioned so "the moment" in the game could constitute a multiple of choices. As far as providing you with a link to the exact location in the game, yeah that will happen. Ask others on this board and I'm sure you'll hear it opposite as you think. Maybe you can read my emotions a little further when I tell you to wake up and post on a site where you make sense. You are seriously being critical of my words of hatred for Brady as pretty strong? Not as strong as the tea and crumpets that you're trying to force feed us football fans. Wake up private Pyle and look around you. And you mention laughable, crude and hard to believe?? We'll allow others to read your concern and shake their heads in disbelief of your babble. This will be my last reply to you as I'm in disbelief of your poor football knowledge. Put that in your conjuncture pipe and smoke it.
Well that was nothing but an ad hominem rant. That's the equivalent of waiving the white flag for your argument.

All I did as was ask you for a little proof of the one concrete claim you made (the rest were subjective, emotional, and speculative) and you say "yea that'll happen". The rest of what you said seems a defensive insecure rant.

Sorry dude, I thought you had an interest in a real discussion, this is the internet, there's no way to tell who's arguments are going to be laughable and fatuous and who is actually going to make sense, I promise not to bother you anymore. Take care.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #28
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

[QUOTE=Lord of Lombardi;866952]I can respect a leader, just not one who carriers on like he does. their And rewatch the game from last night and you'll see Harrison went into the pile, Timmons went into the pile to drive it back and Brady was right there pointing at the head lines man for a flag. Give me a friking break. Let the guys call the game. He does this game in and game out. QUOTE]

He does. And he comes off as a big baby.
Yinz all remember this one??
A couple years ago when the Pats played the Ravens and after a pass play someone barely grazed Brady with a hand...and he started jumping up and down like a 12-year-old-girl, pointing etc.
After the game, Ray Lewis gives his post-game interview and calls Brady out big time, telling him this is a man's game, to take off the dress, etc.
If you haven't seen it, try looking around for that interview online. That might have been the best interview/statement i've ever seen. Priceless.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #29
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I honestly can't remember the last time the defense got abused like that. '06 maybe? I hope it get's Lebeau and the D out of whatever funk they were in last night.

Offense didn't look great either, but had that been any other team, this would have been a win to be honest.
last season against green bay. i only remember because Aaron Rodgers won me a game in fantasy football that week
Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #30
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
last season against green bay. i only remember because Aaron Rodgers won me a game in fantasy football that week
Yeah...I had forgotten about that one till I looked at all the previous schedules late last night. Most likely forgot about it because we won...but it's still very rare that an offense scores that many points.

I was tired and ticked last night...forget my whole post lol.