Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,004 Times in 3,037 Posts
Default bristol 500- who to watch/ who will win

bristol needs to be domed. sure we dont wanna see 160,000 people in the largest sporting stadium in the u.s. and possibly the world, die because of carbon monoxide poisonning but that wrinkel can be ironed out. 2 days of qualifying and 2 days of "snow delays". (so much for picking gordon and newman giving me 15 fantasy points for a front row start)

kurt bush and the blue duece seem like the perfect match here at bristol. his last victory here, 4th of for in a row, he held off none tother than rusty in the #2. this team is expecting a win and theyre in desperate need of a turn around to keep their hopes of making the playoffs alive.

while gordon will not have his 8th front row start in his last 9 visits here i will be looking for him to make a quick charge to the front.

jimmy johnson has never won here, and normally i wouldnt even mention him at this track but he has a reported virus so i will be looking for a michael jordanesque or tom brady like preformance as the wonderboy drives in the snowy weather with the sniffles.

tony stewart starts from the pole so i dont expect him to be dropping out of the top 5 too often.

matt kenseth has a killer car every weekend, in fact most roush drivers do. kenseth pretty much dominated the last race here.

my darkhorses to watch are j. mcmurray (see the #97 teams 4 recent victories in a row). jeff green, and k. schrader to have good runs. bobby labonte started well last week. maybe he gets a good finish this week. having just seen morning practice speeds my bold prediction is to expect a strong and maybe heated battle with gordon and bush (kurt) up front all day. and if you heard k.harvics comments on kurt yesterday, if he gets involved, watch out!

riggs, schrader, labonte, and green all in the top 10 of practice.... this is probably the week where alot of the hot rookies and 2nd year guys struggle.
but anyone can win at bristol. no makes or teams dominate this track and aerodynamics arent a factor. this track is all about the driver.

1. kurt bush
2. j. gordon
3. m. kenseth
4. t. stewart
5. g. biffle

but who to REALLY watch is in todays busch race. steven wallace (my driver of the future) makes his debut at his dads track. starting 3rd in the top flite #64, im sure he will be the fan favorite.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-25-2006 at 12:12 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
daleemnm
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 166
Default Re: bristol 500- who to watch/ who will win

I think this is the place Jr will get his first win of the season. He has always been good here and he's looking like his 2004 championship form this year.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
jimmy johnson has never won here, and normally i wouldnt even mention him at this track but he has a reported virus so i will be looking for a michael jordanesque or tom brady like preformance as the wonderboy drives in the snowy weather with the sniffles.

tony stewart starts from the pole so i dont expect him to be dropping out of the top 5 too often.
Yea, I heard Jimmie has a virus, probably the flu. I think he needs me to comfort him and make him feel all better. But that's only if I can get that Chandra chickie away from him. Her hugs and kisses all over him when he gets to Victory Lane are getting on my last nerve. Just who the heck does she think she is...(lol)? (sigh)

I'm not too happy that Terrible Tony is on the pole due to lack of qualifying because of inclement weather, but thems the rules, I guess.

This race is so hard to predict, but I think it will be Matt Kenseth or Jeff Gordon who will take the checkered flag if they can get through the race w/o getting all banged up.

tony, you guys should hook up with Koopa here during tomorrow's race and start a thread or follow the race in this thread like you guys do for the Steelers games, so you can all explain to him what's happening during the race if he's watching it and wants to learn more about NASCAR. Just a suggestion.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,004 Times in 3,037 Posts

its probably a lost cause. plus im not for pulling anyone away fron the WNBA *snicker*.
they need to keep as many fans as they can, before they fold. i bet more tickets are sold for a bristol race than a wnba team does for all the home games for an entire season- (no suprise, id rather watch curling or bocce, or even the international tournament of yard darts. lol)

a race thread would be cool but theres to much action at bristol to keep up or take your eyes off the tv. but if anyone is gonna check out a race this is it. like they say its like flying jets in a gymnasium.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
its probably a lost cause. plus im not for pulling anyone away fron the WNBA *snicker*.
they need to keep as many fans as they can, before they fold. i bet more tickets are sold for a bristol race than a wnba team does for all the home games for an entire season- (no suprise, id rather watch curling or bocce, or even the international tournament of yard darts. lol)

a race thread would be cool but theres to much action at bristol to keep up or take your eyes off the tv. but if anyone is gonna check out a race this is it. like they say its like flying jets in a gymnasium.

My Dad has gone every year since the early 90's Ive only been to Bristol once but it was amazing non the less. The one bus company in Pittsburgh has a full bus that goes down every year...
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
daleemnm
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 166

If you go to a race, it'll be the best experience you've ever seen. Went to Daytona last July and it was awesome.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #7
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

That was quick for Jimmie....
Old 03-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #8
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

What the heck is goin on with these tires??
Old 03-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
That was quick for Jimmie....
Yea, didn't take long did it? Poor Jimmie.

Well, I'm thinkin' that at least I won't have to watch Chandra's lips all over Jimmie today...(lol).

The problems with the tires today reminds me of last year's Pocono race. They're saying it's the rebar that's cutting them.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleemnm
If you go to a race, it'll be the best experience you've ever seen. Went to Daytona last July and it was awesome.
I've been to the Bristol night race, and there simply are no words that can convey how awesome an experience it is...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote